|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he killed Gaunt.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(d) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
2. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
(a) The Duke of Aumerle.
5. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
2. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
3. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)