|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Ten years.
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
3. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His name.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His wife's cooking.
(d) His son's exile.
4. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Queen.
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Richard will ignore him.
(c) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(d) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)