|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. Who announces Gaunt's death?
3. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To ride his horse.
(b) To see Gaunt.
(c) To prepare his army's generals.
(d) To eat dinner with the Queen.
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) An orchard.
(b) Gaunt's house.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) A chapel.
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(c) That Richard will ignore him.
(d) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
4. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
5. Who is Woodstock?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)