|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
2. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Court.
(b) The Supper Room.
(c) The Chambers.
(d) The Garden.
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(c) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(b) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(c) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
5. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(b) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(c) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
(d) He is devastated.
Short Answer Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)