|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
(a) The Queen.
2. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To eat dinner with the Queen.
(b) To see Gaunt.
(c) To ride his horse.
(d) To prepare his army's generals.
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
(a) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
5. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He is in love with the Duchess.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(d) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
4. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)