|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He is in love with the Duchess.
(d) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
3. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(b) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(c) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
5. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bushy inform Richard that Gaunt is in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)