|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
2. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a time to grow as a man.
(b) As a time to find a wife.
(c) As a pleasurable journey.
(d) As his civic duty.
3. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Queen.
4. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(b) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(c) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
(d) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
5. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
2. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
3. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)