|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The king.
(b) The shaman.
(c) The judge.
(d) The pope.
2. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(c) Lord Aumerle.
3. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(a) Lord Marshal.
4. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
5. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
2. Who is fleeing straight to Richard after learning of Bolingbroke's arrival?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)