|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Bristow Castle in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Earl of Salisbury.
(b) The Duke of Aumerle.
(c) The Earl of Wiltshire.
(d) Abbot of Westminster.
2. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(b) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(c) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(d) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
4. Of which quality of Bolingbroke does Richard worry?
(a) Bolingbroke is always able to persuade people to take his side.
(b) Bolingbroke is much stronger than Richard.
(c) His intelligence often outsmarted Richard in their youth.
(d) He is gracious to and loved by the common people.
5. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "A stain on our England's dress."
(b) "Landlord of England."
(c) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(d) "History's most venomous leader."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Gaunt's death?
2. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)