|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
(b) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(c) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(d) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
2. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His sickness.
(b) His wife's cooking.
(c) His name.
(d) His son's exile.
3. What adjective does Richard use to describe Bolingbroke that is condescending?
4. "Where then, alas, may I complain myself?" Who says this?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
5. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
3. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)