|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "The last leave of thee takes my weeping eye."
(b) "To God, the widow's champion and defence."
(c) "Desolate, desolate will I hence and die."
(d) "As much good stay with thee as go with me."
3. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Richard, the Queen.
(b) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
(c) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(d) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
4. Which of the following lines is what the Queen says to the bearer of the news of Bolingbroke?
(a) "Your news feels of demons ripping my inside."
(b) "Thou art the midwife to my woe."
(c) "What right have you to deliver such agony to the Queen?"
(d) "There is no higher evil than Bolingbroke."
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(b) Both love the same woman.
(c) Both claim the other is a traitor.
(d) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who is Woodstock?
3. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)