|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Court.
(b) The Garden.
(c) The Chambers.
(d) The Supper Room.
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He hopes Bolingbroke does not learn of the news, upsetting him in his exile.
(b) He hopes to seize Gaunt's property.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He hopes to marry Gaunt's wife.
3. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To prepare his army's generals.
(b) To see Gaunt.
(c) To ride his horse.
(d) To eat dinner with the Queen.
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
5. Who says "What a tide of woes comes rushing on this woeful land at once!" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
5. What does Bushy do for the Queen in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)