|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
(a) Paying for it.
(b) The weather is miserable and men are dying of illness.
(c) Defeating the rebels.
(d) The fact that the war is on Irish soil, and not at home.
2. Who is Gaunt alluding to have killed the Duke of Gloucester as he speaks alone with the Duchess?
(c) The Duke of Aumerle.
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "History's most venomous leader."
(b) "A stain on our England's dress."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "Un-rightful king to no one."
4. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. "...for God's substitute, His deputy anointed in His sight..." Who is being referred to here?
(a) The shaman.
(b) The pope.
(c) The judge.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard say he is to go immediately following Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
4. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)