|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
(a) Paying for it.
(b) The fact that the war is on Irish soil, and not at home.
(c) Defeating the rebels.
(d) The weather is miserable and men are dying of illness.
3. How will Richard handle the situation in Ireland?
(a) He will go there himself.
(b) He will see how the situation plays out for another month.
(c) He has ordered an army to invade.
(d) He will send Green.
4. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She confesses that she did not love the Duke.
(b) She begs Gaunt to act humanely.
(c) She begs Gaunt to avenge her husband's death.
(d) She worries aloud about money.
5. Who does the Servant announce has died in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does York tell the men to meet him as he leaves Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)