|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he killed Gaunt.
(b) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(c) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(d) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
2. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Why does Gaunt seem aloof to his brother's death?
(a) He believes God will properly judge who is guilty.
(b) He is the one who has killed the Duke.
(c) He has put the tragedy behind him, and is trying to move on with his life.
(d) He is in love with the Duchess.
4. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
(b) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(c) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(d) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Which is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How many characters speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the Duchess of Gloucester's purpose in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)