|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
4. Who of the following characters have not fled to Bolingbroke's army?
5. What is the double metaphor spoken in the Duchess's first speech of the play?
(a) Rose petals; a dagger dripping blood.
(b) Doves flying; a harp playing angel.
(c) Vials of blood; branches from one root.
(d) A crying baby; nurses working corruptly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Richard's reaction towards the news of Gaunt he receives in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who is upset over Richard's absence in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is Woodstock?
5. Who tells of Bolingbroke's arrival in England?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)