|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duchess wish ill upon at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. "Well, he is gone, and with him go these thoughts." Who says this?
(b) Lord Aumerle.
3. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(c) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(d) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
4. Who in Ireland is worrying Richard in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What made Aumerle cry when he said goodbye to Bolingbroke?
(a) The wind.
(b) Knowing his cousin's father would soon die.
(c) Seeing his cousin banished from England.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the biggest concern in Act 2, Scene 2 regarding the war in Ireland?
3. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
4. What does Richard learn of Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Where is Gaunt to go after Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)