|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
(a) The Queen.
(d) The Duchess of Gloucester.
3. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(b) Lord Marshal.
(c) Duke Aumerle.
4. Who is prisoner in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
(b) Sir Henry of Wales.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) Lord Lancaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)