|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) Gaunt told Richard that Bolingbroke had threatened him, and he wanted him exiled.
(b) Gaunt took part in the verdict decision making.
(c) Richard thought Gaunt was dying, and everyone else was laughing.
(d) Gaunt usually does not react so emotionally.
2. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Bolingbroke claim to be his intentions for invading England?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To reclaim his inheritance.
(c) To destroy Richard's monarchy.
(d) To rule England.
4. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
(a) Duke Aumerle.
(b) Lord Marshal.
5. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
3. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)