|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Landlord of England."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "A stain on our England's dress."
(d) "Un-rightful king to no one."
2. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
(a) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(b) Lord Marshal.
(c) The Queen.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
(a) Six years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(b) That his wife is going to leave him.
(c) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(d) That Richard will ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Northumberland's son?
2. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
5. Who says, "For on my heart they tread now whilst I live"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)