|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
2. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) A lashing with his sword.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The literal crown from his head.
(d) The throne.
3. Who is Northumberland's son?
4. How long is Bolingbroke originally banished from England?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Forty years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the duel as it begins?
2. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
3. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
4. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)