|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
(a) Mowbray claims adultery while Bolingbroke claims theft.
(b) Both claim the other killed the Duke of Gloucester.
(c) Both love the same woman.
(d) Both claim the other is a traitor.
2. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The war in Ireland.
(b) Their disgust of Richard.
(c) All three answers are correct.
(d) Bolingbroke's loss of property.
3. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
(a) Misleading Richard.
(b) Causing Richard to banish Bolingbroke.
(c) Upset the queen.
(d) They have murdered.
4. Who stops the duel as it begins?
(c) The Duchess of Gloucester.
(d) The Queen.
5. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
3. To whom does Bolingbroke send a message to in Act 3, Scene 1 that he has no ill-will towards?
4. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)