|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) Sir Henry of Wales.
(b) Lord Lancaster.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) Lord Aumerle.
2. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(b) That his wife is going to leave him.
(c) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(d) That Richard will ignore him.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who said, "Let's fight with gentle words"?
5. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Twenty eight.
(b) One hundred five.
(c) Three hundred twelve.
(d) Forty four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
4. For whom does Richard reduce Bolingbroke's sentence?
5. What do Mowbray and Bolingbroke state officially that they are fighting for at the duel?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)