|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first characters to enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Gaunt, the Duchess of Gloucester.
(b) Gaunt, Bolingbroke.
(c) Lord Marshall, the Duke Aumerle.
(d) Richard, the Queen.
2. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Gardener.
4. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) A lashing with his sword.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) The literal crown from his head.
(d) The throne.
5. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which character officially swears in Mowbray and Bolingbroke at the duel?
3. What Greek god does Richard compare himself to at Berkley Castle?
4. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is Bolingbroke's banishment reduced to?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)