|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Richard respond to Bolingbroke's demands?
(a) He cries.
(b) He says he would rather die than allow Bolingbroke in England.
(c) He pulls out his sword.
(d) He accepts.
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(b) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(c) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(d) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
5. What is the last line of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "And plague injustice with the pains of hell."
(b) "A while to work, and after holiday."
(c) "Thanks, gentle uncle. Come, lords, away."
(d) "With letters of your love to her at large."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does York regard Bolingbroke's acting against the king?
4. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
5. How are Gaunt and Bolingbroke related?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)