|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard give Bolingbroke during the first meeting since the beginning of the play?
(a) The literal crown from his head.
(b) The inheritance.
(c) A lashing with his sword.
(d) The throne.
2. "Though banish'd, yet a true born Englishman." Who says this quote?
(b) Lord Marshal.
3. How long is Mowbray banished from England?
(a) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
4. Which of the following character is not in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does Bolingbroke specifically promise to "weed and pluck away" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) All of the above.
(d) Bushy and Bagot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Bolingbroke take Richard after their first confrontation since the beginning of the play?
2. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following is not a reason Bolingbroke is executing the prisoners?
4. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)