Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gaunt try to persuade Bolingbroke to think of his banishment?
(a) As a time to grow as a man.
(b) As a time to find a wife.
(c) As a pleasurable journey.
(d) As his civic duty.
2. Who addresses Bolingbroke as "Lord Hereford" in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) Sir Pierce of Exton.
3. Who does Bolingbroke put in charge of escorting the prisoners away?
4. What is Bolingbroke's title now that Gaunt is dead?
(a) Lord Aumerle.
(b) Sir Henry of Wales.
(c) Lord Lancaster.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
5. Who informally swears their allegiance to Bolingbroke in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. "More welcome is the stroke of death to me than Bolingbroke to England." Who says this?
2. How is Richard described to Bolingbroke after the initial meeting in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who invites Bolingbroke to stay at Berkley Castle?
5. Why is Richard confused about Gaunt's reaction towards Bolingbroke's sentence?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)