|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Who informs Richard that Bushy and Green are dead?
3. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he killed Gaunt.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
(d) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
4. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(b) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
5. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
(c) A letter to Richard.
(d) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
3. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)