|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "To alter this, for counsel is but vain."
(b) "That bids me be of comfort any more."
(c) "To ear the land that hath some hope to grow."
(d) "From Richard's night to Bolingbroke's fair day."
2. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Mold and rust.
(b) Spiders and toads.
(c) Rats and diseases.
(d) Snakes and roaches.
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) Richard has become gravely ill.
(c) Richard has returned from England.
(d) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
5. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Un-rightful king to no one."
(b) "Landlord of England."
(c) "A stain on our England's dress."
(d) "History's most venomous leader."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces Gaunt's death?
2. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)