|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Richard has become gravely ill.
(b) Richard has returned from England.
(c) The Queen is pregnant.
(d) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
2. Who announces Gaunt's death?
3. How large was the Welsh army?
4. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(d) The Duchess.
5. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(b) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(c) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(d) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who do York and the Duchess feel pity for in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)