|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Richard has returned from England.
(b) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(c) Richard has become gravely ill.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
2. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(b) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(c) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(d) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
3. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The ground.
(b) The Queen.
(c) His newborn child.
(d) A dog.
4. Who announces Gaunt's death?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What do Northumberland, Ross, and Willoughby discuss after Richard leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
5. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)