|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He mourns after their deaths.
(b) He sends their wives money.
(c) He applauds their bravery.
(d) He curses them.
2. What is part of the significance of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) Richard has become gravely ill.
(c) Bolingbroke has surrendered.
(d) Richard has returned from England.
3. What does Gaunt call Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "A stain on our England's dress."
(b) "History's most venomous leader."
(c) "Landlord of England."
(d) "Un-rightful king to no one."
4. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Rats and diseases.
(b) Snakes and roaches.
(c) Mold and rust.
(d) Spiders and toads.
5. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(c) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(d) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
2. How large was the Welsh army?
3. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)