|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Scroop insist sides with Bolingbroke?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) Rejected army soldiers.
(c) "Unstable buffoons."
(d) Boys and old men.
2. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His name.
(b) His wife's cooking.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His son's exile.
3. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(c) The Duchess.
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(b) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(c) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
(d) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
5. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He sends their wives money.
(c) He applauds their bravery.
(d) He mourns after their deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following does York not call his son in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)