|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(b) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(c) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(d) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 5, Scene 2?
(c) The Duchess.
3. What is Gaunt's final line?
(a) "Convey me to my bed, then to my grave."
(b) "Live in thy shame, but die not shame with thee."
(c) "Words, life and all old Lancaster hath spent."
(d) "Love they to live that love and honour have."
4. Where is the setting of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Berkley Castle.
(b) A garden.
(c) The Duke of York's house.
(d) Aumerle's house.
5. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(d) The Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Who announces Gaunt's death?
3. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)