|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aumerle holding when he enters Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A letter to Richard.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A document with a plan to assassinate Bolingbroke.
(d) A document with a plan to assassinate Richard.
2. When do thieves and robbers act, according to Richard?
(a) "In the witching hour established by those monsters alone."
(b) "After the sun has winked its final glance."
(c) "...When the searching eye of heaven is hid."
(d) "...As the tide rises and the moon lurks over."
3. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He mourns after their deaths.
(c) He sends their wives money.
(d) He applauds their bravery.
4. What does York warn Gaunt in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That his wife is going to leave him.
(b) That Bolingbroke is confronting very harsh conditions in his exile.
(c) That Mowbray is going to try to kill him.
(d) That Richard will ignore him.
5. What does Richard compare Bolingbroke and his followers to?
(a) Snakes and roaches.
(b) Spiders and toads.
(c) Mold and rust.
(d) Rats and diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Gaunt's final line?
5. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)