|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard touch and speak to lovingly in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) His newborn child.
(c) The ground.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Northumberland then confide to Ross and Willoughby in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly planning to assassinate Richard.
(b) That he is going to join Richard in his invasion of Ireland.
(c) That he killed Gaunt.
(d) That Bolingbroke is returning to England with an army.
3. "Hence, villain! Never more come in my sight." Who says this?
(c) The Duchess.
4. What is the last straw for Richard in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a letter from Bolingbroke.
(b) Learning the Queen has left him for Bolingbroke.
(c) Learning York has joined with Bolingbroke.
(d) Seeing Bolingbroke's army approaching in the distance.
5. Who announces Gaunt's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation does York refer to as he discusses vanity?
2. Which of the following characters is the only one to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Richard's initial reaction upon discussing Bushy and Green after his departure from Ireland?
4. What does Gaunt mock while he speaks with Richard in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Gaunt talking about during his famous speech in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)