|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written above the door of the church described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
(a) "All are Welcome."
(b) "In God's Name."
(c) "Per L'Universo."
(d) "Per L'Incerno."
2. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(d) Adolph Hitler.
4. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Banded Oregon Trout.
(b) Eastern Brook Trout.
(c) Northern Brook Trout.
(d) Rainbow Trout.
5. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan talks of a ballet to be performed where in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
3. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
5. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Brautigan referring in the poem, "The Pill Versus the Springhill Mine Disaster"?
2. Who is described in In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Chapter 14 of Trout Fishing in America, "The Last Year the Trout Came up Hayman Creek," how long is it until game and fish officials come and what happens?
4. What takes place in the Statue of Mirrors in In Watermelon Sugar?
5. What description does Brautigan illustrate in the poem "Poker Star"?
6. Discuss the tone of the poem "The Return of the Rivers." What does Brautigan describe here?
7. Describe the autopsy report written by Brautigan in Trout Fishing in America. To whom is Trout Fishing in America compared?
8. When are the vegetable statues discovered in In Watermelon Sugar? Who finds them?
9. Who does Brautigan encounter in Chapter 17, "The Message"? What simile does he use to describe this person?
10. What is the phrase "Trout Fishing in America" used to refer to in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)