|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
(a) The woman in black.
(b) The woman in red.
(c) The woman in white.
(d) The woman in blue.
3. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(d) Port wine.
4. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
(a) Poisoned meat.
(b) Cyanide capsules.
(c) Steel wire.
(d) Metal traps.
5. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A staircase.
(b) A woman.
(c) An angel.
(d) A trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America, has how many recipes?
2. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
3. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
4. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brautigan's account with the woman in the creek of dead fish in Trout Fishing in America. What imagery is used?
2. Where does Chapter 4, "Red Lip" take place in Trout Fishing in America? What happens in this story?
3. What is the story Brautigan relates in Trout Fishing in America, Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II"?
4. What does Brautigan write that he admires in the story of Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty? Describe this character.
6. Who does Brautigan encounter in Chapter 17, "The Message"? What simile does he use to describe this person?
7. What childhood memory is revisited by Brautigan in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
8. In Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan stops by a bookstore one afternoon in 1959 and is seduced by a couple. What does the bookstore owner then say?
9. In Chapter 44, "Trout Fishing in America NIB," after working at a Christmas tree store, what does Brautigan do?
10. In Chapter 14 of Trout Fishing in America, "The Last Year the Trout Came up Hayman Creek," how long is it until game and fish officials come and what happens?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)