|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
2. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
4. Brautigan talks of a ballet to be performed where in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" of Trout Fishing in America?
5. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Richard Lawrence Marquette.
(d) Buster Keason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traps and eats insects in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
3. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
4. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
5. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the poem "Star-Spangled' Nails" about?
2. What is the story Brautigan relates in Trout Fishing in America, Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II"?
3. What description does Brautigan illustrate in the poem "Poker Star"?
4. What does Brautigan write that he admires in the story of Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. What chapter in Trout Fishing in America refers to Alcoholics Anonymous? What happens in this story?
6. Describe Brautigan's use of nonsensical, surreal imagery in the poem "Yes, the Fish Music." What is the purpose of the imagery?
7. What takes place in the narrator's encounter with Fred in Chapter 63, "Apple Pie" of In Watermelon Sugar?
8. In what poem from The Pill Versus the Springhill Mine Disaster does Brautigan cite "Casablanca"? How?
9. What imagery does Brautigan produce in the poem "December 30"?
10. In what poems from The Pill Versus the Springhill Mine Disaster does Brautigan reflect personal thoughts?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)