|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(b) Adolph Hitler.
2. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
4. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Montana Falls.
(c) Rough Lake.
5. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
3. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
4. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
5. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Brautigan fishing in Chapter 12, "Trout Fishing on the Bevel"? What imagery does he use in this description?
2. Who does Brautigan encounter in Chapter 17, "The Message"? What simile does he use to describe this person?
3. Who is compared to Jack the Ripper in Trout Fishing in America?
4. What does Brautigan write that he admires in the story of Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Where does Chapter 4, "Red Lip" take place in Trout Fishing in America? What happens in this story?
6. What is the first exposition that Brautigan offers in Trout Fishing in America? What is this a description of?
7. In Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan stops by a bookstore one afternoon in 1959 and is seduced by a couple. What does the bookstore owner then say?
8. Who is described in In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
9. Where does Brautigan tell his wife he is going in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Wings" in Trout Fishing in America? Where does he actually go?
10. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty? Describe this character.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)