|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(c) Port wine.
2. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) American Civil War.
(c) Spanish Civil War.
(d) American Revolution.
3. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
4. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
2. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
3. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
4. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 44, "Trout Fishing in America NIB," after working at a Christmas tree store, what does Brautigan do?
2. Who is described in In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. What is the first exposition that Brautigan offers in Trout Fishing in America? What is this a description of?
4. Where is Brautigan fishing in Chapter 12, "Trout Fishing on the Bevel"? What imagery does he use in this description?
5. Where in Trout Fishing in America does Brautigan write about being a sixth-grade student? What story does he tell?
6. What is the phrase "Trout Fishing in America" used to refer to in Trout Fishing in America?
7. What childhood memory is revisited by Brautigan in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
8. Who does Brautigan encounter in Chapter 17, "The Message"? What simile does he use to describe this person?
9. What chapter in Trout Fishing in America refers to Alcoholics Anonymous? What happens in this story?
10. Describe the autopsy report written by Brautigan in Trout Fishing in America. To whom is Trout Fishing in America compared?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)