|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise Pond.
(b) Paradise Lake.
(c) Paradise River.
(d) Paradise Creek.
2. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
3. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Greek Goddess.
(b) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(c) American Soldier.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
2. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
3. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
5. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pauline broach the subject of Margaret in In Watermelon Sugar?
2. Describe the subject of the poem "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace." What does Brautigan hope for in this poem?
3. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty? Describe this character.
4. What qualities are outstanding in the poems of Brautigan in terms of imagery?
5. What takes place in Chapter 55, "inBOIL's iDEATH" of In Watermelon Sugar?
6. In Chapter 14 of Trout Fishing in America, "The Last Year the Trout Came up Hayman Creek," how long is it until game and fish officials come and what happens?
7. Describe the autopsy report written by Brautigan in Trout Fishing in America. To whom is Trout Fishing in America compared?
8. What is the phrase "Trout Fishing in America" used to refer to in Trout Fishing in America?
9. Where in Trout Fishing in America does Brautigan write about being a sixth-grade student? What story does he tell?
10. Describe the simplicity of the poem "November 3." What is Brautigan's subject in this poem?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)