|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(b) Port wine.
2. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
3. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America, has how many recipes?
5. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 30 years.
6. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
(a) John Francis'.
(b) Michael Miller's.
(c) Mark Matthews.
(d) Alonso Hagen's.
7. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Rebel Smith.
(b) Old Charlie.
(c) Old Man Nelson.
(d) Jackie Brown.
8. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
9. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
10. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(c) Adolph Hitler.
11. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Anderson Miller.
(b) Nelson Algren.
(c) James Nelson.
(d) Mark Rosston.
12. What traps and eats insects in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The Snake Lily.
(b) The Golden Lily.
(c) The Casper Lily.
(d) The Cobra Lily.
13. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
(a) Mr. Good.
(b) Mr. Nice.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
14. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
15. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
2. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
3. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)