|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far downriver must Brautigan travel to get home in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
2. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
3. What does Brautigan refer to as "the John Dillinger capital of America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Mooresville, Indiana.
4. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
5. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Anderson Creek.
(b) Borristown Creek.
(c) Sal Winter Creek.
(d) Tom Martin Creek.
6. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Owl Snuff Creek.
(b) Millville Creek.
(c) Casper Creek.
(d) Tom Anderson Creek.
7. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
(a) Steel wire.
(b) Poisoned meat.
(c) Cyanide capsules.
(d) Metal traps.
8. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
(c) "I Like Ike."
(d) "Remember the alamo."
9. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) American Civil War.
(d) American Revolution.
10. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Greek Goddess.
(b) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(c) American Soldier.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
11. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(d) Adolph Hitler.
12. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A bandana.
(b) A fishing hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A sombrero.
13. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Rough Lake.
(d) Montana Falls.
14. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Times Square.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
15. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
3. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
4. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
5. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)