|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
2. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
3. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise Creek.
(b) Paradise Lake.
(c) Paradise River.
(d) Paradise Pond.
4. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Banded Oregon Trout.
(b) Northern Brook Trout.
(c) Eastern Brook Trout.
(d) Rainbow Trout.
5. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
6. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
7. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(d) Port wine.
8. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
9. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
10. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
11. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Tom Anderson Creek.
(b) Oregon Falls.
(c) Steelhead Lake.
(d) Little Redfish Lake.
12. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
13. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
(a) Marble Mountains.
(b) Boonville Mountains.
(c) Silver Mountains.
(d) Golden Mountains.
14. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Chapter 12, "Trout Fishing on the Bevel" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Anderson Creek.
(b) Graveyard Creek.
(c) Tom Martin Creek.
(d) Sal Winter Creek.
15. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The carriage.
(b) The hearse.
(c) The taxicab.
(d) The school bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
3. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
4. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)