|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. By what mountains is Brautigan's cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Sawtooth Mountains.
(b) Marble Mountains.
(c) Golden Mounains.
(d) Sierra Mountains.
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Maria Callais.
(b) Marcus Arelius.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Alexander Wilde.
5. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
6. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
7. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 37, "The Last Time I Saw Trout Fishing in America," Brautigan encounters Trout Fishing in America while fishing where in Idaho?
(a) Sawtooth River.
(b) Jacksonville River.
(c) Little Creek River.
(d) Big Wood River.
8. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
9. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(b) Adolph Hitler.
10. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(b) Port wine.
11. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
12. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
13. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
(a) Alonso Hagen's.
(b) Mark Matthews.
(c) John Francis'.
(d) Michael Miller's.
14. Where does Brautigan recall watching a Deanna Durbin movie seven times in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Great Falls, Montana.
(b) Casper, Wyoming.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) San Francisco, California.
15. How far downriver must Brautigan travel to get home in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
2. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
4. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
5. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)