|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Nelson Algren.
(b) Anderson Miller.
(c) Mark Rosston.
(d) James Nelson.
2. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Klamath River.
(b) Alpine River.
(c) Steelhead River.
(d) Kentucky River.
3. What does Brautigan refer to as "the John Dillinger capital of America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Mooresville, Indiana.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Casper, Wyoming.
4. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Portland, OR.
(c) Portland, ME.
(d) Seattle, WA.
5. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Little Redfish Lake.
(b) Tom Anderson Creek.
(c) Steelhead Lake.
(d) Oregon Falls.
6. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
7. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
8. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
(a) Mr. Nice.
(b) Mr. Good.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
9. What traps and eats insects in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The Cobra Lily.
(b) The Snake Lily.
(c) The Casper Lily.
(d) The Golden Lily.
10. What is written above the door of the church described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
(a) "Per L'Universo."
(b) "All are Welcome."
(c) "Per L'Incerno."
(d) "In God's Name."
11. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
12. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
13. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Sal Winter Creek.
(b) Tom Martin Creek.
(c) Borristown Creek.
(d) Anderson Creek.
14. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Old Man Nelson.
(b) Old Charlie.
(c) Jackie Brown.
(d) Rebel Smith.
15. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 37, "The Last Time I Saw Trout Fishing in America," Brautigan encounters Trout Fishing in America while fishing where in Idaho?
(a) Little Creek River.
(b) Big Wood River.
(c) Sawtooth River.
(d) Jacksonville River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
3. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
4. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)