|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise Lake.
(b) Paradise Creek.
(c) Paradise Pond.
(d) Paradise River.
2. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
3. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) Richard Lawrence Marquette.
(c) Buster Keason.
(d) Jesse James.
4. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
5. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A fishing hat.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bandana.
6. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(b) Greek Goddess.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) American Soldier.
7. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Northern Brook Trout.
(b) Eastern Brook Trout.
(c) Rainbow Trout.
(d) Banded Oregon Trout.
8. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
(a) Mr. Good.
(b) Mr. Johnson.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Nice.
9. What does Brautigan refer to as "the John Dillinger capital of America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) Mooresville, Indiana.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
10. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
11. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
12. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
13. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(b) Times Square.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
14. What traps and eats insects in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The Golden Lily.
(b) The Snake Lily.
(c) The Cobra Lily.
(d) The Casper Lily.
15. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
(a) Dead fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
2. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
3. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
5. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)