|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. Brautigan talks of a ballet to be performed where in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" of Trout Fishing in America?
3. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Owl Snuff Creek.
(b) Tom Anderson Creek.
(c) Millville Creek.
(d) Casper Creek.
4. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Nice.
(c) Mr. Good.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
5. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
6. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(b) Greek Goddess.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) American Soldier.
7. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Jackie Brown.
(b) Rebel Smith.
(c) Old Man Nelson.
(d) Old Charlie.
8. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
9. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
10. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) Richard Lawrence Marquette.
(c) Buster Keason.
(d) Jesse James.
11. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Northern Brook Trout.
(b) Banded Oregon Trout.
(c) Eastern Brook Trout.
(d) Rainbow Trout.
12. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Washington Square.
(c) Times Square.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
13. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
14. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
15. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Jack the Ripper.
(c) Bad Boy Nelson.
(d) Ted Kawinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
3. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
4. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
5. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)