|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
(a) The woman in black.
(b) The woman in white.
(c) The woman in blue.
(d) The woman in red.
2. Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America, has how many recipes?
3. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
4. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
5. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The school bus.
(b) The carriage.
(c) The hearse.
(d) The taxicab.
6. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) American Civil War.
(b) French and Indian War.
(c) American Revolution.
(d) Spanish Civil War.
7. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Chapter 12, "Trout Fishing on the Bevel" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Tom Martin Creek.
(b) Graveyard Creek.
(c) Sal Winter Creek.
(d) Anderson Creek.
8. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
9. Where does Brautigan recall watching a Deanna Durbin movie seven times in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Great Falls, Montana.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) San Francisco, California.
10. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
11. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
(a) Adolph Hitler.
12. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A sombrero.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A fishing hat.
(d) A scarf.
13. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
(d) Dead fish.
14. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A trout.
(b) A staircase.
(c) A woman.
(d) An angel.
15. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1956, who spoke under the tall cypress tree described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
2. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
3. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
4. By what mountains is Brautigan's cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
5. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)