|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written above the door of the church described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
(a) "Per L'Universo."
(b) "Per L'Incerno."
(c) "In God's Name."
(d) "All are Welcome."
2. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
4. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) Portland, OR.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Portland, ME.
(d) Seattle, WA.
5. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
7. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Northern Brook Trout.
(b) Rainbow Trout.
(c) Eastern Brook Trout.
(d) Banded Oregon Trout.
8. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
9. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
(a) Marble Mountains.
(b) Boonville Mountains.
(c) Silver Mountains.
(d) Golden Mountains.
10. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) Spanish Civil War.
(b) American Revolution.
(c) American Civil War.
(d) French and Indian War.
11. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) Times Square.
(d) Washington Square.
12. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Anderson Miller.
(b) Mark Rosston.
(c) Nelson Algren.
(d) James Nelson.
13. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
(d) Dead fish.
14. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Klamath River.
(b) Alpine River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Steelhead River.
15. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
3. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
4. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
5. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)