|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Portland, ME.
(d) Portland, OR.
5. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
6. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Old Charlie.
(b) Rebel Smith.
(c) Jackie Brown.
(d) Old Man Nelson.
7. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
8. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
9. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Rainbow Trout.
(b) Eastern Brook Trout.
(c) Northern Brook Trout.
(d) Banded Oregon Trout.
10. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Tom Anderson Creek.
(b) Oregon Falls.
(c) Steelhead Lake.
(d) Little Redfish Lake.
11. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Montana Falls.
(b) Rough Lake.
12. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Borristown Creek.
(b) Anderson Creek.
(c) Tom Martin Creek.
(d) Sal Winter Creek.
13. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
14. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
(a) Golden Mountains.
(b) Marble Mountains.
(c) Silver Mountains.
(d) Boonville Mountains.
15. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Maria Callais.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Marcus Arelius.
(d) Alexander Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
2. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
3. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
4. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)