|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what mountains is Brautigan's cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Marble Mountains.
(b) Sawtooth Mountains.
(c) Golden Mounains.
(d) Sierra Mountains.
2. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Little Redfish Lake.
(b) Tom Anderson Creek.
(c) Steelhead Lake.
(d) Oregon Falls.
4. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Millville Creek.
(b) Casper Creek.
(c) Owl Snuff Creek.
(d) Tom Anderson Creek.
5. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
6. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
(a) Metal traps.
(b) Poisoned meat.
(c) Steel wire.
(d) Cyanide capsules.
7. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Washington Square.
8. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Old Charlie.
(b) Old Man Nelson.
(c) Jackie Brown.
(d) Rebel Smith.
9. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
10. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Northern Brook Trout.
(b) Eastern Brook Trout.
(c) Banded Oregon Trout.
(d) Rainbow Trout.
11. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Montana Falls.
(b) Rough Lake.
14. What traps and eats insects in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The Snake Lily.
(b) The Golden Lily.
(c) The Casper Lily.
(d) The Cobra Lily.
15. In 1956, who spoke under the tall cypress tree described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
(a) Sarah Berhardt.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) Anderson Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
2. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
4. What is written above the door of the church described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
5. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)