|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) American Revolution.
(d) American Civil War.
2. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
3. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise River.
(b) Paradise Pond.
(c) Paradise Creek.
(d) Paradise Lake.
4. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) Washington Square.
5. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
6. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
7. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(b) Port wine.
8. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A trout.
(b) A woman.
(c) An angel.
(d) A staircase.
9. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
(b) "Remember the alamo."
(d) "I Like Ike."
10. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Borristown Creek.
(b) Sal Winter Creek.
(c) Tom Martin Creek.
(d) Anderson Creek.
11. What does the funeral wreath say on the plant in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) "Gone Fishing."
(b) "I'm for Nixon."
(c) "I Like Ike."
(d) "Away West."
12. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
13. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
14. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A sombrero.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A fishing hat.
(d) A bandana.
15. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
(a) The woman in white.
(b) The woman in blue.
(c) The woman in black.
(d) The woman in red.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
2. In 1956, who spoke under the tall cypress tree described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
3. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
5. How far downriver must Brautigan travel to get home in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)