Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise Pond.
(b) Paradise Lake.
(c) Paradise River.
(d) Paradise Creek.
2. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
3. What type of apples are called for in "Compote of Apples" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Greek Goddess.
(b) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(c) American Soldier.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
6. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
7. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Steelhead Lake.
(b) Oregon Falls.
(c) Little Redfish Lake.
(d) Tom Anderson Creek.
8. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
9. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
10. In Chapter 13, in what year does Brautigan stop in a bookstore in "Sea, Sea Rider" of Trout Fishing in America?
11. Where does Brautigan recall watching a Deanna Durbin movie seven times in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Great Falls, Montana.
12. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
13. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
14. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Ted Kawinski.
(d) Bad Boy Nelson.
15. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) American Civil War.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Spanish Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
3. In 1956, who spoke under the tall cypress tree described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
4. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)