|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
(d) Dead fish.
2. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Nelson Algren.
(b) James Nelson.
(c) Anderson Miller.
(d) Mark Rosston.
3. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A woman.
(b) A trout.
(c) An angel.
(d) A staircase.
4. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
5. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
6. Where does Brautigan recall watching a Deanna Durbin movie seven times in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Casper, Wyoming.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Great Falls, Montana.
7. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Klamath River.
(c) Steelhead River.
(d) Alpine River.
8. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
9. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A sombrero.
(b) A fishing hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bandana.
10. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
11. Who is the field boss under whom Brautigan works as a cherry-picker in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Old Man Nelson.
(b) Old Charlie.
(c) Rebel Smith.
(d) Jackie Brown.
12. In Chapter 7, "Prologue to Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America, a man buys a house whose basement is filled with what?
13. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Tom Martin Creek.
(b) Sal Winter Creek.
(c) Anderson Creek.
(d) Borristown Creek.
14. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) Spanish Civil War.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) American Civil War.
15. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Eastern Brook Trout.
(b) Northern Brook Trout.
(c) Rainbow Trout.
(d) Banded Oregon Trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
2. Who is on the FBI wanted poste,r in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 19, "Trout Fishing in America with the FBI"?
3. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
5. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)