|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Paradise Creek.
(b) Paradise Lake.
(c) Paradise River.
(d) Paradise Pond.
2. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Northern Brook Trout.
(b) Rainbow Trout.
(c) Eastern Brook Trout.
(d) Banded Oregon Trout.
3. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Brautigan talks of a ballet to be performed where in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" of Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America," Miller writes that Benjamin Franklin died in what year?
6. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Klamath River.
(b) Steelhead River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Alpine River.
7. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
(b) Port wine.
8. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
9. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
10. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
11. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Maria Callais.
(c) Marcus Arelius.
(d) Alexander Wilde.
12. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
13. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(c) Montana Falls.
(d) Rough Lake.
14. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
(a) John Francis'.
(b) Mark Matthews.
(c) Alonso Hagen's.
(d) Michael Miller's.
15. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Ted Kawinski.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) Bad Boy Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
2. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
4. What does Brautigan refer to as "the John Dillinger capital of America" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)