|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far downriver must Brautigan travel to get home in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What is written above the door of the church described in Chapter 1, "The Cover for Trout Fishing in America"?
(a) "Per L'Universo."
(b) "Per L'Incerno."
(c) "All are Welcome."
(d) "In God's Name."
3. What beverage does Brautagin write of drinking in Washington Park in Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
4. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The schoolyard.
(c) The frontyard.
(d) The backyard.
5. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 30 years.
6. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Owl Snuff Creek.
(b) Millville Creek.
(c) Casper Creek.
(d) Tom Anderson Creek.
7. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
(a) "Remember the alamo."
(c) "I Like Ike."
8. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Rough Lake.
(c) Montana Falls.
9. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
10. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Bad Boy Nelson.
(c) Ted Kawinski.
(d) Jesse James.
11. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) Portland, OR.
(b) Portland, ME.
(c) Seattle, WA.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
12. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Borristown Creek.
(b) Tom Martin Creek.
(c) Sal Winter Creek.
(d) Anderson Creek.
13. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Nelson Algren.
(b) Mark Rosston.
(c) Anderson Miller.
(d) James Nelson.
14. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
15. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Chapter 12, "Trout Fishing on the Bevel" of Trout Fishing in America?
2. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 37, "The Last Time I Saw Trout Fishing in America," Brautigan encounters Trout Fishing in America while fishing where in Idaho?
4. In Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan writes that death by what is cruel and unusual?
5. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)