|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brautigan finds a statue of a what in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
(a) Civilian Conserevation Corps worker.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Greek Goddess.
(d) American Soldier.
2. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) Spanish Civil War.
(b) American Revolution.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) American Civil War.
3. How far downriver must Brautigan travel to get home in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
4. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 37, "The Last Time I Saw Trout Fishing in America," Brautigan encounters Trout Fishing in America while fishing where in Idaho?
(a) Little Creek River.
(b) Big Wood River.
(c) Jacksonville River.
(d) Sawtooth River.
6. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The frontyard.
(b) The chicken coop.
(c) The schoolyard.
(d) The backyard.
7. Where, near the Klamath River in Trout Fishing in America, does Brautigan gets lost in a wilderness of brush and poison oak?
(a) Anderson Creek.
(b) Tom Martin Creek.
(c) Borristown Creek.
(d) Sal Winter Creek.
8. Brautigan talks of a ballet to be performed where in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" of Trout Fishing in America?
9. Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America, has how many recipes?
10. What is living up high in the mountains at Grider Creek, according to Brautigan in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Rainbow Trout.
(b) Eastern Brook Trout.
(c) Banded Oregon Trout.
(d) Northern Brook Trout.
11. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
12. What season begins Chapter 10, "A Waldon Pond for Winos" of Trout Fishing in America?
13. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Bad Boy Nelson.
(c) Ted Kawinski.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
14. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
(a) The woman in black.
(b) The woman in red.
(c) The woman in white.
(d) The woman in blue.
15. How many years after Charles Hayman's death do Game and Fish decide to place trout in Hayman Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
2. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
3. Where does Brautigan's fishing pal catch a trout and kill it with port in Trout Fishing in America?
4. In what direction is the word WELCOME written on the statue described in Trout Fishing in America?
5. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)