|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
2. Who is encountered in the cafe in Chapter 62, "Meat Loaf" of In Watermelon Sugar?
(a) Doc Edwards.
(b) Mike Edwards.
(c) Joe Shack.
(d) Paul Smith.
3. Where does the narrator decide to go in Chapter 65, "The Way" of In Watermelon Sugar?
(a) The Rainbow Factory.
(b) The Forgotten Works.
(d) The Statue of Mirrors.
4. Where does Brautigan describe hiking in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
5. Brautigan writes in "Man" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster that the man stands five inches taller than what?
(a) A schoolbus.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) A taxicab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, "Sandbox Minus John Dillinger Equals What?" of Trout Fishing in America, who does Brautigan recall setting up John Dillinger?
2. What does one of the players have in "Poker Star" from The Pill Versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
3. Who begins to say something important but then stops at dinner in Chapter 75, "Carrots" of In Watermelon Sugar?
4. What supper is prepared by Pauline in Chapter 9, "iDEATH" of In Watermelon Sugar?
5. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)