|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A fishing hat.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A sombrero.
2. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Ted Kawinski.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Bad Boy Nelson.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
3. What beautiful things does the narrator write of living and dying in Chapter 5, "Charley's Idea" of In Watermelon Sugar?
4. The third recipe listed, by Brautigan in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America, is for "A Spoonful _____."
5. Who walks with the narrator to the Forgotten Works in Chapter 37, "The Forgotten Works" of In Watermelon Sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do inBOIL and his gang go in Chapter 31, "Whiskey" of In Watermelon Sugar?
2. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
3. What arithmetic did the tigers help the narrator with, according to Chapter 16, "Arithmetic" of In Watermelon Sugar?
4. What are inBOIL's last words in In Watermelon Sugar?
5. What did the man drive who drew the map of Grider Creek in Trout Fishing in America?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)