|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brautigan harbor himself towards in "Hey, Bacon!" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) Two eggs over easy.
(c) An omelet.
(d) Two eggs scrambled.
2. What does inBOIL carry in his hand in Chapter 40, "Master of the Forgotten Works" of In Watermelon Sugar?
(a) A statue.
(b) A whiskey bottle.
(c) A flower.
(d) A dog.
3. Where does Brautigan find a cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
(a) Oregon Falls.
(b) Steelhead Lake.
(c) Little Redfish Lake.
(d) Tom Anderson Creek.
4. Brautigan writes to "burn all the ___ to your body" in "The Double-Bed Dream Gallows" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster.
5. In Chapter 1, "In Watermelon Sugar" the narrator says he lives in a shack near iDEATH made of "pine, watermelon sugar and" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 20, "Worsewick," Brautigan describes having sex with a woman in a stream full of what?
2. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
3. Where do the old people sit in "A Postcard from Chinatown" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
4. What does Ophelia float like in "The Rape of Ophelia" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
5. Who is going to the plank press in Chapter 64, "Literature" of In Watermelon Sugar?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)