|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 13, "Sea, Sea Rider," the bookstore owner spins a tale, telling the narrator he fell in love with a woman during the what?
(a) American Civil War.
(b) American Revolution.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Spanish Civil War.
2. Brautigan presents recipes for dining with whom in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Alexander Wilde.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Marcus Arelius.
(d) Maria Callais.
3. The poem, "All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster, talks of deer walking past what?
4. Brautigan writes of a street lined with trees with intestines like what in "Death is a Beautiful Car Parked Only" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(d) Cotton candy.
5. From where is Brautigan's family's friend in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan writes in "Discovery" of The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster, "The petals of the vagina unfold like _________ taking off his shoes."
2. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. How many children does the woman have in the basement in "Education" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
4. What does the funeral wreath say on the plant in Chapter 9, "The Ballet for Trout Fishing in America" in Trout Fishing in America?
5. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)