|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
2. When is the best time to climb the silver stairs in "The Silver Stairs of Ketchikan" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
3. The poem, "All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster, talks of deer walking past what?
4. When was "The Star-Spangled Banner" written by Francis Scott Key, as cited in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
5. What river does Brautigan write of in "Education" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) Klamath River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Foxwoods River.
(d) Cold Pine River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 46 "The Mayonnaise Chapter" in Trout Fishing in America discusses the death of whom?
2. In what year was "The Beautiful Poem" of The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster written?
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan comes upon a herd of sheep driven by a man who resembles whom?
4. Ophelia encounters an evil what in "The Rape of Ophelia" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
5. Above what does Brautigan write "medieval flames like a burning castle" rise in "Your Departure Versus the Hindenburg" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)