|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the waterfall turn out to be in Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A woman.
(b) A staircase.
(c) A trout.
(d) An angel.
2. Who is encountered in the cafe in Chapter 62, "Meat Loaf" of In Watermelon Sugar?
(a) Joe Shack.
(b) Doc Edwards.
(c) Paul Smith.
(d) Mike Edwards.
3. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The frontyard.
(d) The schoolyard.
4. What does Ophelia float like in "The Rape of Ophelia" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) A summer sunset.
(b) An autumn breeze.
(c) An April church.
(d) An August moon.
5. Above what does Brautigan write "medieval flames like a burning castle" rise in "Your Departure Versus the Hindenburg" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) New England.
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator writes of a statue of whom in Chapter 7, "The Gentle Cricket" of In Watermelon Sugar?
2. Brautigan writes to "burn all the ___ to your body" in "The Double-Bed Dream Gallows" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster.
3. In Watermelon Sugar, the lanterns on the new bridge are shaped like faces resembling a beautiful child and a what?
4. How old does Brautigan write while he was playing checkers in "The Chinese Checker Players" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
5. The trout hatchery in In Watermelon Sugar is built on the exact same spot that what was buried?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)