|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trout Fishing in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman wearing in the cover photograph of the book Trout Fishing in America?
(a) A bandana.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A fishing hat.
2. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Jack the Ripper.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Ted Kawinski.
(d) Bad Boy Nelson.
3. Brautigan writes in Chapter 8, "Grider Creek" of Trout Fishing in America that the large creeks were running muddy from the snow melting off what mountains?
(a) Golden Mountains.
(b) Silver Mountains.
(c) Boonville Mountains.
(d) Marble Mountains.
4. Where do Brautigan and his friend mix four quarts of Kool-Aid and water in Chapter 5, "The KoolAid Wino" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) The frontyard.
(b) The schoolyard.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The chicken coop.
5. In Trout Fishing in America, Hayman Creek is named for Charles Hayman, an unpleasant old man who caught and ate ____ trout in his shack near the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where are the visiting winos Brautigan drinks with in Chapter 10, "A Walden Pond for Winos" in Trout Fishing in America?
2. A pound of what is added to Walnut Catsup in Chapter 6, "Another Way of Making Walnut Catsup" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 17, "The Message," Brautigan receives a message by his camp in which says what?
4. Where is the cover photograph described as being taken in Trout Fishing in America?
5. By what mountains is Brautigan's cabin in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 27, "The Teddy Roosevelt Chingader"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)