|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first item in "Karma Repair Kit: Items 1-4" of The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
(a) Reduce intellectual and emotional noise until you arrive at the silence of yourself, and listen to it.
(b) Find a place to sleep where it is quiet, and sleep there.
(c) Get enough food to eat, and eat it.
(d) Find God.
2. Who is Trout Fishing in America Shorty mailed to in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Anderson Miller.
(b) James Nelson.
(c) Nelson Algren.
(d) Mark Rosston.
3. What has been placed along the creek to kill coyotes in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 25, "The Salt Creek Coyotes"?
(a) Cyanide capsules.
(b) Poisoned meat.
(c) Steel wire.
(d) Metal traps.
4. Where does Brautigan recall watching a Deanna Durbin movie seven times in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Great Falls, Montana.
(c) Casper, Wyoming.
(d) San Francisco, California.
5. In Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 40, "Witness for Trout Fishing in America Peace," Brautigan describes a Trout Fishing in America peace march from Sunnyvale to where?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three poker players in "Poker Star" from The Pill Versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
2. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
3. In the poem "I Feel Horrible. She Doesn't" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster, what does Brautigan write he wanders around the house like?
4. In Chapter 42, "The Cleveland Wrecking Yard," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan takes a San Francisco bus to the Cleveland Wrecking Yard, where a used trout stream is for sale at ___ per foot.
5. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)