|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Alpine River.
(b) Kentucky River.
(c) Klamath River.
(d) Steelhead River.
2. In Watermelon Sugar's Chapter 2, "Margaret," the narrator can tell when Margaret approaches his shack because she always steps on what?
(a) The sunshine bell.
(b) A squeaky plank.
(c) A cricket.
(d) The dog.
3. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Portland, ME.
(c) Seattle, WA.
(d) Portland, OR.
4. The notorious criminal, in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 22, "The Mayor of the 20th Century," is compared to who?
(a) Bad Boy Nelson.
(b) Jack the Ripper.
(c) Jesse James.
(d) Ted Kawinski.
5. What does Brautigan associate trout with in Trout Fishing in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brautigan writes Lord Byran died in Greece in what year, in Trout Fishing in America?
2. Ophelia encounters an evil what in "The Rape of Ophelia" in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
3. Where are the stars described in "Poker Star" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
4. The narrator says that the last tiger was killed when he was how many years old in In Watermelon Sugar?
5. Where does Brautigan go fishing in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 23, "On Paradise"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)