|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Watermelon Sugar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem in The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster which reads, "Ah, you're just a copy of all the candy bars I've ever eaten"?
(a) Past Candy Bar.
(b) Xerox Candy Bar.
(c) Candy Bar Repeat.
(d) Candy Hurricane.
2. In Chapter 3, "Knock on Wood, Part II," of Trout Fishing in America, Brautigan recounts his first trout fishing experience where?
(a) Portland, OR.
(b) Seattle, WA.
(c) Portland, ME.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
3. Where does Brautigan say he is staying in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" of Trout Fishing in America?
(a) Montana Falls.
(c) Rough Lake.
4. What does the narrator plant in Chapter 28, "Nine Things" of In Watermelon Sugar?
(a) Flower seeds.
(b) Tomato seeds.
(c) Olive seeds.
(d) Apple seeds.
5. What character is introduced in Chapter 8, "Lighting the Bridges" of In Watermelon Sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fishing log book does Brautigan find in Trout Fishing in America's Chapter 34, "Trout Fishing on the Street of Eternity"?
2. Along what river is Brautigan traveling in Chapter 4, "Red Lip" in Trout Fishing in America?
3. What is the girl wearing in "Mating Saliva" from The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster?
4. Brautigan says he learned about trout fishing in America from his stepfather in what year?
5. Charlie says he hopes the book is not about what in In Watermelon Sugar?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)