|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political office does Rudolph now hold?
(a) City Council
2. Where does Rudolph keep an apartment?
(b) New York
3. Where does Gretchen go to visit the opening of Rudolph's new strip mall?
(c) Port Philip
4. What does Pappy give Thomas when the ship returns to New York?
(a) Gun and bourbon
(b) Fake I.D. and bourbon
(c) Gun and clothes
(d) Gun and cash
5. Who is Gretchen's new lover?
(a) Evans Kennison
(b) Jim Kinsella
(c) Sam Kinnison
(d) Evans Kinsella
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Thomas' career in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What were Mary's last words?
3. What has Gretchen learned about Thomas?
4. What is Thomas' home port city?
5. What does Thomas name his boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas' protection of his friend, Dwyer, in a fight ultimately have profound negative impact on Thomas' life?
2. What is ironic about Thomas' love for the sea?
3. What are the two main reasons Thomas' reconnection with his mother is so important?
4. What happens with Gretchen and the young black man that makes Gretchen change her mind about continuing her studies?
5. What are Gretchen's concerns for Billy at this point in time?
6. What is the significance of Dwyer in Thomas' life?
7. How does Rudolph' help for Professor Denton come full circle from many years ago?
8. What is the reason Thomas must run away and get a job on a ship?
9. How does Thomas reconnect with his son?
10. What important help is Rudolph able to give Thomas in Part 4, Chapter 4?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)