|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Gretchen share with Willie?
(a) She lost her job
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She has arranged a vacation for them
(d) She is moving back home
2. What are Willie's career goals?
3. Where does Thomas have a job?
(a) The Navy
(b) The Post Office
(c) His uncle's service station
(d) A local college
4. What happens soon after Thomas beats up Mr. Greening?
(a) Thomas' car tires are slashed
(b) Thomas is mugged
(c) Thomas loses his job
(d) Thomas' apartment is broken into
5. Who does Thomas see sparring with Dominic in the locker room one day?
(c) Teddy Boylan
(d) Mr. Greening
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the presumed cause of Axel's death?
2. What graduation gift does Teddy Boylan offer Rudolph?
3. What is Mary contemplating on this evening?
4. Why is Thomas sent out of town?
5. Who is the boxer who teaches Thomas to box?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Jordache's behavior over the nude drawing change Rudolph's opinion of his father?
2. How does Thomas show emotional growth and maturity?
3. In what way is Gretchen showing some emotional growth?
4. How is Thomas able to repay the $5,000 his father paid for his release several years earlier?
5. What is the nature of Thomas' affair with Clothilde?
6. What is the irony of the money Thomas receives and then wants to pay back to his father?
7. What important realization does Rudolph come to while temporarily working in the family bakery?
8. What happens to the $5000 Thomas gives back to Rudolph?
9. How does Rudolph capitalize on his relationship with Teddy Boylan?
10. What behavior does Gretchen seem unable to shake?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)