|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tommy's wife?
2. Where does Mrs. Jordache live now?
3. Where does Gretchen want to move?
(a) New York City
4. What is Thomas accused of at the club?
(a) Cooking the books
(b) Taking petty cash
(c) Stealing from patrons
(d) Stealing equipment
5. What does Thomas get from a lawyer who has been stealing at the club?
(a) A new car
(d) Gold cuff links
6. Where do Rudolph and Gretchen finally find Thomas?
(a) The airport
(b) A nightclub
(c) A boxing match
(d) A department store
7. What is the Jordache family celebrating in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Rudolph's birthday
(b) The birth of a new baby
(c) The end of the war
(d) Axel and Mary's 25th wedding anniversary
8. Where does Thomas go when he makes a quick trip to New York?
(a) Central Park
(b) Ellis Island
(c) His old neighborhood
(d) The Plaza
9. Where is Clothilde from?
10. Who is the soldier that Gretchen meets and likes right away?
(a) Claude Thompson
(b) Charlie Hall
(c) Chip Morris
(d) Willie Abbott
11. Why is Clothilde in America?
(a) To study business
(b) To teach art
(c) Visiting some relatives
(d) Hiding from an abusive husband
12. Where had Rudolph worked part time during his years at school?
(a) Office Depot
(b) The Revere Club
(c) Calderwood's Department Store
13. What is the name of the corporation that Rudolph forms?
(a) D.C. Corporation
(b) Dee Cee Corporation
(c) Deluxe Corporation
(d) Dominic Corporation
14. What is the name of Gretchen's little boy?
15. What does Gretchen want from Willie?
(a) A new house
(b) A new car
(c) A divorce
(d) More respect
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rudolph get the money to attend college?
2. What is the nature of the Jordache family business?
3. How does Gretchen spend some of her afternoons?
4. How does Thomas feel as he watches the two men fighting?
5. Who does Rudolph run into at the roadhouse?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)