|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Dominic is taking a beating?
(a) He is just not up to par
(b) He has a cold
(c) He has a hangover
(d) He is short
2. What stops Mary from killing herself?
(a) The phone rang
(b) Gretchen called out to her
(c) Rudolph playing the trumpet
(d) Axel came home
3. Who calls to ask Rudolph to meet him for lunch?
(a) Professor Denton
(b) Teddy Boylan
4. Which store employee makes inappropriate advances toward Rudolph?
(a) Mrs. Hall
(b) Mrs. Nightingale
(c) Miss Soames
(d) Miss Jenkins
5. For what is Thomas arrested in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(c) Statutory rape
6. Why does Professor Denton need Rudolph's help?
(a) He is losing his eyesight
(b) He has lost his job
(c) He is leaving his wife
(d) He is being accused of being a Communist
7. What does Gretchen want from Willie?
(a) A new car
(b) More respect
(c) A divorce
(d) A new house
8. Who does Thomas see sparring with Dominic in the locker room one day?
(a) Teddy Boylan
(d) Mr. Greening
9. What is the Jordache family celebrating in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Axel and Mary's 25th wedding anniversary
(b) The end of the war
(c) The birth of a new baby
(d) Rudolph's birthday
10. What is the name of Tommy's wife?
11. Who blackmails Clothilde when he finds out she has been having an affair with Thomas?
(a) Thomas' aunt
(c) Thomas' uncle
12. What is the source of Rudolph's depression?
(a) Mary has moved out of the house
(b) The family is too poor to send him to college
(c) Julie broke up with him
(d) Thomas is in jail
13. Who is Rudolph's new running partner?
(a) Vince Calderwood
(b) Justin Dupree
(c) Quentin McGovern
(d) Chase McKendrick
14. What is the name of the corporation that Rudolph forms?
(a) Dominic Corporation
(b) D.C. Corporation
(c) Dee Cee Corporation
(d) Deluxe Corporation
15. What does Gretchen realize when she gets home?
(a) She forgot her purse
(b) Her $800 has been moved
(c) She has a run in her stocking
(d) She left the water running
Short Answer Questions
1. What graduation gift does Teddy Boylan offer Rudolph?
2. Who does Rudolph run into at the roadhouse?
3. What is Mary contemplating on this evening?
4. Who picks Gretchen up on the roadside?
5. Why is Thomas sent out of town?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)