|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rudolph secretly in love with?
(a) His French teacher
(b) His math tutor
(c) A neighbor girl
(d) His mother's best friend
2. Who calls to ask Rudolph to meet him for lunch?
(a) Professor Denton
(d) Teddy Boylan
3. Where had Rudolph worked part time during his years at school?
(a) The Revere Club
(b) Calderwood's Department Store
(c) Office Depot
4. What is the name of Gretchen's little boy?
5. Who is the soldier that Gretchen meets and likes right away?
(a) Claude Thompson
(b) Willie Abbott
(c) Charlie Hall
(d) Chip Morris
6. What does Thomas tell Rudolph as they wait in the bus station?
(a) Gretchen's affair with Teddy Boylan
(b) He is never coming back home
(c) He loves him
(d) He is dying
7. What is the name of the corporation that Rudolph forms?
(a) Dominic Corporation
(b) Deluxe Corporation
(c) D.C. Corporation
(d) Dee Cee Corporation
8. What bad news has Gretchen received?
(a) Her car was wrecked by a friend
(b) She can't go to New York
(c) She has lost her job
(d) Her boyfriend broke up with her
9. What is the source of Rudolph's frustrations?
(a) He and Julie have not made love yet
(b) Julie is going away to school
(c) He can't find a decent job
(d) He was rejected by the army
10. Who does Rudolph go to some clubs with in New York?
(d) Teddy Boylan
11. Where does Teddy take Gretchen in New York City?
(a) Statue of Liberty
(b) Empire State Building
(c) A brothel
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art
12. Where does Thomas have a job?
(a) A local college
(b) The Navy
(c) The Post Office
(d) His uncle's service station
13. Which of the following is not a reason for Axel's depression?
(a) The bakery is being forced to close
(b) He has essentially lost two of his children
(c) The Yankees are on a losing streak
(d) He and his wife fight all the time
14. What does Thomas give to Rudolph?
(b) Old photographs
(c) Airline tickets
(d) Key to safe deposit box
15. What is Thomas' job in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Tending bar
(b) Teaching calisthenics
(c) Selling real estate
(d) Building houses
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary ask Rudolph before he leaves for work?
2. Who is the girl Rudolph has been dating?
3. How much does it cost Axel to pay off the girls making charges against Thomas?
4. Why is Clothilde in America?
5. With whom is Thomas now having an affair?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)