|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Father-Jacques says "In our family it's the man's job" to do what in The Future is in the Eggs?
2. Where does Dudard go when he leaves Berenger and Daisy in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
3. Who does the leader embrace for a photograph, according to the Announcer in The Leader?
4. What does Roberta make a sound like from the kitchen in The Future is in the Eggs?
5. What does Daisy do in the end of Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the examples of symbolism in The Leader.
2. What is Daisy representative of in society in the play Rhinoceros? How does this affect Berenger?
3. Where is Berenger in the beginning of Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What is his state of mind?
4. What is the setting of The Leader?
5. What news does Daisy arrive with in Act 3 of Rhinoceros? How does Dudard react?
6. What does Dudard tell Berenger about work in Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What is Berenger's reaction?
7. What is the montage at the opening of The Future is in the Eggs?
8. What justification does Dudard give to lessen Berenger's fear of leaving in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
9. In what ways does The Leader resemble Rhinoceros? How are the plays different?
10. What do the Young Lovers represent in The Leader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the terms symbolism, motif, metaphor and simile and describe how each is used in Rhinoceros. Use examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of totalitarianism and blind following in the play The Leader. How does Ionesco express this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of Rhinoceros, The Leader, and The Future is in the Eggs. How do the settings of these plays compare? How are they different?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)