|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters with the older gentleman once the rhinoceros has passed in Act 1?
2. How many horns did the first rhinoceros have in Act 1, according to Jean?
3. What day of the week does Act 1 begin of Rhinoceros?
4. Where does Berenger decide not to go at the end of Act 1 in Rhinoceros?
5. Who acts as Deputy-Head where Berenger works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of the office of the unexpected visitor's news in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros?
2. Who does Daisy call in the end of Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros? Why?
3. Is Jean's transformation in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros a voluntary one? Why or why not?
4. Who runs into the office in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros? Why?
5. What explanation does Berenger offer for the rhinoceros's presence in Act 1 of Rhinoceros? What is Jean's reaction?
6. Whose presence startles Berenger in Act 1 of Rhinoceros? How does he react? Why?
7. What is Jean's state when Berenger arrives in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
8. What does the housewife break in Act 1 of Rhinoceros? What is the grocer's suggestion?
9. What does Mrs. Boeuf realize about the rhinoceros in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros? What does she do?
10. How is the appearance of a Rhinoceros presented to the audience in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of bourgeois values in the play The Future is in the Eggs. What symbolism does the playwright use to reflect this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationships between Berenger, Daisy, and Dudard in Rhinoceros. How do each of these characters feel about the other? How does this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of Rhinoceros, The Leader, and The Future is in the Eggs. How do the settings of these plays compare? How are they different?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)