|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudard repeatedly ask Daisy in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) If they want to go eat.
(b) If he's disturbing them.
(c) If he can stay for dinner.
(d) If they trust him.
2. What does Berenger tell Daisy in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He doesn't trust her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He's not hungry.
3. Who is standing with his back to the audience at the beginning of The Leader?
(a) The Announcer.
(b) The Admirer.
(c) The Leader.
(d) The Girl-Friend.
4. The Future is in the Eggs constitutes a kind of sequel to which play?
(a) Jacques or Obedience.
(b) The Family.
(c) The Day of Yesterday.
(d) The Chicken Room.
5. What does Berenger say he is not, which Jean was in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) A smoker.
(b) A drinker.
(c) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berenger have on his head in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
2. Dudard claims in Act 3 of Rhinoceros that Mr. Papillon's transformation was his way of ___ himself.
3. What does Girl-Friend do when Young Lover says, "It means that between us there is a basis of understanding on which we can build the edifice of our future"?
4. What does Berenger say is superior to the rhinoceros in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
5. Why does Daisy come in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ionesco's principle theme in The Future is in the Eggs?
2. What does Roberta's father bring from the kitchen in The Future is in the Eggs?
3. Who enters to explain the death of Grandfather in The Future is in the Eggs?
4. What do the two families do once the "news" has been exposed in The Future is in the Eggs?
5. What justification does Dudard give to lessen Berenger's fear of leaving in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
6. Who are the principle characters in The Leader?
7. Where is Berenger in the beginning of Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What is his state of mind?
8. Where do the women take Roberta in The Future is in the Eggs? What takes place there?
9. In what ways do Berenger and Dudard have opposing views about what do do about the situation in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
10. What do the Young Lovers represent in The Leader?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)