|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berenger say he is not, which Jean was in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(b) A smoker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A drinker.
2. Why does Daisy come in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) To check on Berenger.
(b) To look for Dudard.
(c) To look for Botard.
(d) To escape the rhinoceroses.
3. What does Berenger have on his head in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) A hat.
(b) A horn.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A bump.
4. What does the crowd shout throughout The Leader?
(a) Hail to the chief.
(b) Long live the king.
(c) We love you.
(d) Long live the leader.
5. What of the leader's are they pressing, according to the Announcer in The Leader?
(a) His hair.
(b) His trousers.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacqueline tell the couple must be their constant thought in The Future is in the Eggs?
2. How much does Father-Jacques say the eggs must be worth apiece in The Future is in the Eggs?
3. Who is standing with his back to the audience at the beginning of The Leader?
4. What does the Announcer say the leader does to the police force in The Leader?
5. What does Mother-Jacques do to Jacques to get him to stop crying in The Future is in the Eggs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the montage at the opening of The Future is in the Eggs?
2. What news does Daisy arrive with in Act 3 of Rhinoceros? How does Dudard react?
3. Who enters to explain the death of Grandfather in The Future is in the Eggs?
4. What do the families do to get the attention of Jacques and Roberta in The Future is in the Eggs?
5. What is Ionesco's principle theme in The Future is in the Eggs?
6. Describe the appearance of the Leader in the end of The Leader.
7. What does Dudard tell Berenger about work in Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What is Berenger's reaction?
8. What discussion do Berenger and Dudard engage in in the beginning of Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
9. What are some of the elements of Theater of the Absurd which are seen in The Leader?
10. What do the two families do once the "news" has been exposed in The Future is in the Eggs?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)