|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy come in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) To check on Berenger.
(b) To escape the rhinoceroses.
(c) To look for Botard.
(d) To look for Dudard.
2. Where does Dudard go when he leaves Berenger and Daisy in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) To join the herd.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To work.
(d) To the police.
3. What does Berenger tell Dudard when he says, "This is the situation and there's nothing you can do about it"?
(a) That's giving up.
(b) That's nihilism.
(c) That's apathy.
(d) That's fatalism.
4. What does Mother-Jacques note that the eggs don't have in The Future is in the Eggs?
(a) Two noses.
(b) One eye.
(c) Three eyes.
(d) Three noses.
5. What does Dudard suggest Berenger has in the beginning of Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
(a) A cold.
(b) A migraine.
(c) A flu.
(d) A concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the stage when the Announcer exits briefly in The Leader?
2. Grandfather-Jacques insolently asks Jacqueline, "Who do you think you are, what about the cult of the ____?"
3. What does the leader mount, according to the Announcer, in The Leader?
4. Who stands at either wall of the stage in the beginning of The Leader?
5. Who is standing with his back to the audience at the beginning of The Leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the families do to get the attention of Jacques and Roberta in The Future is in the Eggs?
2. Where do the women take Roberta in The Future is in the Eggs? What takes place there?
3. What justification does Dudard give to lessen Berenger's fear of leaving in Act 3 of Rhinoceros?
4. What does Roberta's father bring from the kitchen in The Future is in the Eggs?
5. Where is Berenger in the beginning of Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What is his state of mind?
6. What actions does the Leader do offstage? How do we know?
7. What does Jacques's family inform him of in The Future is in the Eggs? What is his reaction?
8. What does Berenger drink in Act 3 of Rhinoceros? What discussion takes place about this?
9. How is Berenger different than the other characters in Rhinoceros?
10. Who are the principle characters in The Leader?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)