|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Berenger come to tell Jean in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
(a) Work is canceled.
(b) He's forgiven.
(c) He's sorry.
(d) He's leaving town.
2. Whose birthday was Berenger out celebrating the night before in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
3. What is Daisy's occupation?
4. Who does Botard say has too much imagination in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros?
5. What does Jean begin to cry out for once he transitions to a rhinoceros in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
(a) The desert.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The forest.
(d) The swamps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berenger order from the waitress in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
2. What is Jean wearing in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
3. What does Jean do during the argument with Berenger in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
4. What season is it in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
5. Who does Botard say are "all liars" in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the housewife break in Act 1 of Rhinoceros? What is the grocer's suggestion?
2. What is the reaction of the office of the unexpected visitor's news in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros?
3. Describe the character of Mr. Papillon in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros.
4. Why does Mr. Papillon ask about Mr. Boeuf in Act 2, Scene 1 of Rhinoceros?
5. Who is the old man who lives next to Jean? What does he tell Berenger in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
6. What does Berenger note about Jean's appearance in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros?
7. What is the logician teaching his friend in Act 1 of Rhinoceros?
8. How does Ionesco connect rhinoceros ideology to that of fascism in Rhinoceros?
9. What explanation does Berenger offer for the rhinoceros's presence in Act 1 of Rhinoceros? What is Jean's reaction?
10. Is Jean's transformation in Act 2, Scene 2 of Rhinoceros a voluntary one? Why or why not?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)