|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Zhaboonigan is teasing Emily, where does she poke her?
2. What do the women say after they are unsuccessful in the bingo game?
3. Who does Emily write the song for that she sings with Annie?
4. What word does Nanabush whisper into Marie-Adele's ear?
5. What is the main point of the eulogy for Marie-Adele?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the desires of the women at the beginning of the play. How do the women express their desires and wishes? How do these wishes come about? How do these wishes define their characters? Are the wishes of these women characters fulfilled? Support your reasoning with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
We see an abundance of physical and emotional violence in the play. It almost seems as this is a way of life among the women. Discuss the presence of physical and emotional violence in the play. Who expresses it and for what reason? Does this attitude change? How does the violence affect the women and is it supported? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plight of the women on the reserve. Is life harder for the women? What are their chief complaints? Why would it be harder for women than men? How do these women deal with the hardships of life? Give examples using the text.
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)