Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relationship between Emily and Rose?
2. Who bakes pies to raise money for the trip?
3. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
4. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. When Zhaboonigan interrupts the women in the vehicle on the way to Toronto, what does she say?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the play ends. What lesson is left to be learned? What becomes of these women at the end of the play? How does the play end structurally and what meaning does that have? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character or spirit of Nanabush in the play. How is he represented? At what times does he show up during the play? How does he affect the lives of the women? Who can see him and why? Why is he important to the lives of the women? Explain how he is an important element of the play both thematically and structurally. Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the desires of the women at the beginning of the play. How do the women express their desires and wishes? How do these wishes come about? How do these wishes define their characters? Are the wishes of these women characters fulfilled? Support your reasoning with examples from the play.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)