|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nanabush reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. How much money do Emily and Annie make singing?
3. Who tries to screw things up for the women as they work to get ready for the big bingo game?
4. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
5. How much money do the women make in their various efforts for their trip to Toronto?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the scene of the death of Marie-Adele. How is this event foreshadowed or alluded to in the play? What structural elements are included in this event in the play? What do they mean and what does the author want to express by using them in the story? Why does the author choose a certain point for Marie-Adele's death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the desires of the women at the beginning of the play. How do the women express their desires and wishes? How do these wishes come about? How do these wishes define their characters? Are the wishes of these women characters fulfilled? Support your reasoning with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character or spirit of Nanabush in the play. How is he represented? At what times does he show up during the play? How does he affect the lives of the women? Who can see him and why? Why is he important to the lives of the women? Explain how he is an important element of the play both thematically and structurally. Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)