Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relationship between Emily and Rose?
2. Who bakes pies to raise money for the trip?
3. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
4. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. When Zhaboonigan interrupts the women in the vehicle on the way to Toronto, what does she say?
Describe the plight of the women on the reserve. Is life harder for the women? What are their chief complaints? Why would it be harder for women than men? How do these women deal with the hardships of life? Give examples using the text.
Discuss how the play ends. What lesson is left to be learned? What becomes of these women at the end of the play? How does the play end structurally and what meaning does that have? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
At the beginning of the play, Pelajia talks about dreams for her future, dreams that she can see from the roof of her house. How is the expression "window to a better life" employed in this play? Why do the women yearn for a better life and in what ways can we see them searching for it through this "window?" How is this metaphor employed throughout the rest of the play? Provide examples from the play.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)