|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nanabush attack in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who wakes up and swears at Annie after the argument between Annie and Marie-Adele?
4. What prize is awarded for winning the practice game?
5. Who do the women choose as the second driver of the vehicle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the relationship between mother and child is present in the play and its impact on the play. What mother/child relationships are present in the play? Why is this relationship important to the characters? How does this relationship affect the characters involved and other characters on the outside? Explain your answer using examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scene of the death of Marie-Adele. How is this event foreshadowed or alluded to in the play? What structural elements are included in this event in the play? What do they mean and what does the author want to express by using them in the story? Why does the author choose a certain point for Marie-Adele's death?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plight of the women on the reserve. Is life harder for the women? What are their chief complaints? Why would it be harder for women than men? How do these women deal with the hardships of life? Give examples using the text.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)