|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Emily teases Philomena about needing multiple toilets, how many does she say the woman will need?
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Pelajia's house.
(b) Veronique's kitchen.
(c) Big Joey's shack.
(d) Marie-Adele's yard.
3. Who is Marie-Adele?
(a) Annie's sister.
(b) Philomena's aunt.
(c) Pelajia's mother.
(d) Emily's daughter.
4. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
5. What is Nanabush in the form of during his encounter with Zhaboonigan?
(a) A fox.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A seagull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronique see Gazelle Nataways half-dressed?
2. What does Pelajia threaten Emily with when the woman dares her to fight?
3. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
5. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Emily and Zhaboonigan at the end of Act 2, Scene 6? Are you surprised by this?
2. How does Emily Dictionary end up with a black eye? How did she defend herself?
3. What does Pelajia say in her eulogy for Marie-Adele?
4. What semi-serious plan do the three women: Pelajia, Philomena, and Annie, hatch while they are talking about bingo and prizes?
5. How did Emily Dictionary get so tough and learn how to fight?
6. Describe the scene where Annie and Emily are singing at the bar.
7. When Annie visits Marie-Adele's house, where Veronique is now looking after Marie-Adele's family, what does she want and why?
8. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
9. Does Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game work? What happens?
10. How does the play end?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)