|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 2, where does Annie run out of with the mail?
(a) The back room.
(b) The store.
(c) The garage.
(d) The bathroom.
2. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
3. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A bruised chin.
(c) A swollen lip.
(d) A black eye.
4. What date does Marie-Adele's important event in Toronto fall on?
(a) July 20th.
(b) March 4th.
(c) September 10th.
(d) October 5th
5. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the abusive man that Emily used to live with?
2. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
3. Emily Dictionary says that she was not the intended target of the person who caused her injury. Who was?
4. Who is Annie's favorite bar band?
5. Who does Annie give the letter to read from her daughter's package?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily Dictionary end up with a black eye? How did she defend herself?
2. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
3. Describe the encounter between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2.
4. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
5. As the women meet to try and plan their trip to Toronto and the biggest bingo game, what do they argue about?
6. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
8. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What is Philomena's part in the fight between the women in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
10. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)