|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
(a) Angry and reclusive.
(b) Uniquely beautiful.
(c) Developmentally slow.
(d) Talented painter.
2. What is Pelajia doing at the beginning of the play?
(a) Dyeing her sister's hair.
(b) Sitting on the porch with her sisters.
(c) Cooking dinner for her family.
(d) Putting shingles on her roof.
3. Who does Philomena wonder would most want to know the information about Gazelle Nataways?
(a) Pelajia Moosetail.
(b) Emily Dictionary.
(c) Marie-Adele Starblanket.
(d) Veronique St. Pierre.
4. What is Nanabush in the form of during his encounter with Zhaboonigan?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fox.
(c) A lion.
(d) A seagull.
5. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
(a) "There is something crawling on my skin."
(b) "It feels like I'm laying on pins and needles."
(c) "My leg is bleeding very badly."
(d) "There's something rattling around inside me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Nanabush and Windigo?
2. When Emily teases Philomena about needing multiple toilets, how many does she say the woman will need?
3. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
4. How many biological children does Veronique have?
5. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Annie's response to Marie-Adele's fears over what might happen after Marie-Adele's death?
2. What is Pelajia's response to Marie-Adele about her intimate confession involving her husband?
3. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
4. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
5. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
7. What does Veronique say that she will do with her bingo winnings?
8. What happens between Emily and Zhaboonigan at the end of Act 2, Scene 6? Are you surprised by this?
9. What does Annie come to ask Philomena for at the end of the play? Why does she want it and why do the women tease her?
10. What does Marie-Adele say that she would do with her bingo winnings?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)