|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
(a) She tears her skirt.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
(d) She bruises her arm.
2. What are Nanabush and Windigo?
(a) Styles of bingo.
(d) Types of perfume.
3. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To see the new movie.
(b) To buy some food.
(c) To get a new record.
(d) To pick up a parcel.
4. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) Her hammer.
(c) Her fist.
(d) Her pocket knife.
5. What is the prize for the biggest bingo in the world?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty-five hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
2. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
3. What did the woman Veronique complains about recently receive?
4. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
5. What is the name of Veronique's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women get frustrated after they aren't successful at the bingo game?
2. What does Marie-Adele confess to Pelajia about her husband, Eugene, and their intimate life?
3. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
4. What happens in the encounter between Zhaboonigan and Nanabush in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
5. Why does Pelajia give her hammer to Emily as the women get together to discuss their trip to Toronto?
6. During Act 1, Scene3, Part 2, Emily Dictionary does a lot of teasing. Who does she specifically pick on and what does she tease them about?
7. What is Emily Dictionary's accusation of Veronique regarding Zhaboonigan? How does the woman respond?
8. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
9. Does Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game work? What happens?
10. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1, what does Annie tell Emily she was not able to find out? What do they resolve to do?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)