|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) The library.
(b) To bed.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) The hospital.
2. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
(a) Fire Minklater.
(c) Big Joey.
3. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. What is Marie-Adele throwing at a seagull?
5. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Marie-Adele have?
2. Why can't Veronique get her broken appliance fixed?
3. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
4. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
5. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
2. What does Pelajia comment to her sister, Philomena, about bingo and the old ways?
3. As the women meet to try and plan their trip to Toronto and the biggest bingo game, what do they argue about?
4. How do the women learn how much money they have made through their various efforts? How much money is it?
5. How does Pelajia get the women's attention as they are bantering about the big bingo game? What does she want to get their attention for?
6. Who did Philomena have a child with and what happened to it?
7. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
8. What happens when the women get frustrated after they aren't successful at the bingo game?
9. Describe the opening scene of the play.
10. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)