|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the abusive man that Emily used to live with?
2. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
(b) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(c) There will be no more games on the reserve.
(d) That she will never be any good at bingo.
3. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
(a) The pigs.
(b) The presidents.
(c) The ducks.
(d) Her children's.
4. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
(a) New York City.
5. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
2. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
3. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
4. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pelajia get the women's attention as they are bantering about the big bingo game? What does she want to get their attention for?
2. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
3. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
4. In the van on their way to Toronto, what fears does Marie-Adele express about Annie considering anything should happen to Marie-Adele?
5. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1, what does Annie tell Emily she was not able to find out? What do they resolve to do?
6. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
7. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
8. What happens when the women get frustrated after they aren't successful at the bingo game?
9. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
10. Does Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game work? What happens?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)