|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually in disguise as the seagull Marie-Adele is throwing things at?
2. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
3. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) The library.
(b) The hospital.
(c) To bed.
(d) Niagara Falls.
4. What does Emily say is the source of her injury?
(a) A "squabble."
(b) A "fight."
(c) An "attack."
(d) A "tussle."
5. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
(a) She'll hit the Chief with it.
(b) She'll throw it away.
(c) She start repairing more roofs.
(d) She'll sell it for a bus ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philomena say about Bingo Betty?
2. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
3. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
4. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
5. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Describe the opening scene of the play.
3. When Annie visits Marie-Adele's house, where Veronique is now looking after Marie-Adele's family, what does she want and why?
4. As Pelajia is on her roof in the final scene of the play, she again imagines a better life on the reserve. What role does she say she wish she had and how does she say life would be better because of it?
5. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
6. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
7. How is Zhaboonigan related to Veronique? How did Veronique come to care for the girl?
8. What type of clothes is Philomena wearing as she helps her sister with the roof? What happens to them?
9. What does Marie-Adele say that she would do with her bingo winnings?
10. What is Emily Dictionary's accusation of Veronique regarding Zhaboonigan? How does the woman respond?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)