|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is sad.
2. What is Nanabush in the form of during his encounter with Zhaboonigan?
(a) A lion.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fox.
3. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To get a new record.
(b) To pick up a parcel.
(c) To see the new movie.
(d) To buy some food.
4. What is the name of the abusive man that Emily used to live with?
5. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
(a) "There is something crawling on my skin."
(b) "It feels like I'm laying on pins and needles."
(c) "There's something rattling around inside me."
(d) "My leg is bleeding very badly."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
2. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
3. What does Philomena want to buy with her bingo winnings?
4. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
5. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in Act 1, Scene 1 say they want to do with their bingo winnings?
2. As the women meet to try and plan their trip to Toronto and the biggest bingo game, what do they argue about?
3. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
4. Describe the scene where Annie and Emily are singing at the bar.
5. Annie is picked to be the first driver on the trip to Toronto. What is Annie's driving like in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What happens between the women and Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 6 when the women stop to change their van's flat tire?
7. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
8. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
9. What does Annie come to ask Philomena for at the end of the play? Why does she want it and why do the women tease her?
10. What does Veronique tell Marie-Adele is happening in Toronto and what do the women then plan?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)