|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
(a) Developmentally slow.
(b) Uniquely beautiful.
(c) Talented painter.
(d) Angry and reclusive.
2. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her fist.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) Her pocket knife.
(d) Her hammer.
3. Which appliance does Veronique complain doesn't work at her house?
(a) Her refrigerator.
(b) Her stove.
(c) Her microwave.
(d) Her freezer.
4. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) New York City.
5. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
(a) The Chief.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) Big Joey.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
2. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
3. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
4. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
5. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
2. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
3. How does the play end?
4. Why does Pelajia give her hammer to Emily as the women get together to discuss their trip to Toronto?
5. What does Marie-Adele say that she would do with her bingo winnings?
6. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Annie come to ask Philomena for at the end of the play? Why does she want it and why do the women tease her?
9. Describe the anticipation of the women for the biggest bingo game in the world.
10. What does Veronique tell Marie-Adele is happening in Toronto and what do the women then plan?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)