|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Veronique's daughter?
2. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
(a) A bruised chin.
(b) A swollen lip.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A black eye.
3. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
(a) She "makes her mother more proud than most daughters."
(b) She is "a little slower than most girls."
(c) She "lives with this white guy in Sudbury."
(d) She is "always outside of the law."
4. Who does Annie give the letter to read from her daughter's package?
(a) Gazelle Nataways.
5. What illness does Marie-Adele have?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
2. Who does Emily say she would beat up if she won the big prize in bingo?
3. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
4. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
5. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
2. What happens between Emily and Zhaboonigan at the end of Act 2, Scene 6? Are you surprised by this?
3. What happens between the women and Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 6 when the women stop to change their van's flat tire?
4. What does Pelajia comment to her sister, Philomena, about bingo and the old ways?
5. As Pelajia is on her roof in the final scene of the play, she again imagines a better life on the reserve. What role does she say she wish she had and how does she say life would be better because of it?
6. What are Veronique's complaints about life on the reservation?
7. What is the conversation between Emily and Annie while Annie is driving the van to Toronto?
8. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
9. What is Philomena's part in the fight between the women in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
10. Describe the anticipation of the women for the biggest bingo game in the world.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)