|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily Dictionary's real last name?
2. Who is Marie-Adele?
(a) Pelajia's mother.
(b) Philomena's aunt.
(c) Annie's sister.
(d) Emily's daughter.
3. How many children does Marie-Adele have?
4. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
(a) She always wets the bed.
(b) She can't tie Marie-Adele's shoelaces.
(c) She can't feed herself with a fork.
(d) She can't remember the name of the dog.
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Veronique's kitchen.
(b) Pelajia's house.
(c) Big Joey's shack.
(d) Marie-Adele's yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Veronique's daughter and Marie-Adele talk about picking?
2. What is the name of the abusive man that Emily used to live with?
3. Who does Annie give the letter to read from her daughter's package?
4. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2.
2. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
3. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
4. How does the play end?
5. Describe the opening scene of the play.
6. What semi-serious plan do the three women: Pelajia, Philomena, and Annie, hatch while they are talking about bingo and prizes?
7. As Pelajia is on her roof in the final scene of the play, she again imagines a better life on the reserve. What role does she say she wish she had and how does she say life would be better because of it?
8. Annie is picked to be the first driver on the trip to Toronto. What is Annie's driving like in Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What is Pelajia's response to Marie-Adele about her intimate confession involving her husband?
10. What type of clothes is Philomena wearing as she helps her sister with the roof? What happens to them?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)