|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is amused.
2. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
(a) Because she is different.
(b) Because she is ugly.
(c) Because she is funny.
(d) Because she wears silly clothing.
3. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To pick up a parcel.
(b) To see the new movie.
(c) To get a new record.
(d) To buy some food.
4. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
5. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) Because she wants everyone to get along.
(b) So she can get her own thoughts in.
(c) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(d) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nanabush in the form of during his encounter with Zhaboonigan?
2. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
3. Who does Philomena wonder would most want to know the information about Gazelle Nataways?
4. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
5. What is Marie-Adele throwing at a seagull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Emily Dictionary's accusation of Veronique regarding Zhaboonigan? How does the woman respond?
2. As the women meet to try and plan their trip to Toronto and the biggest bingo game, what do they argue about?
3. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Describe the anticipation of the women for the biggest bingo game in the world.
5. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
6. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
7. How is Zhaboonigan related to Veronique? How did Veronique come to care for the girl?
8. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
9. When Annie visits Marie-Adele's house, where Veronique is now looking after Marie-Adele's family, what does she want and why?
10. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)