|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily Dictionary says that she was not the intended target of the person who caused her injury. Who was?
2. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
(a) Her self-respect.
(b) Big Joey.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her job.
3. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
(a) Because she is funny.
(b) Because she is ugly.
(c) Because she is different.
(d) Because she wears silly clothing.
4. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Sunny Johnson.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) Brook Brownbear.
(d) Moon Goodfellow.
5. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
2. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
3. What is Marie-Adele throwing at a seagull?
4. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
5. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the women meet to try and plan their trip to Toronto and the biggest bingo game, what do they argue about?
2. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What does Annie come to ask Philomena for at the end of the play? Why does she want it and why do the women tease her?
4. How does Philomena describe her life in Toronto?
5. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
6. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
8. Describe the opening scene of the play.
9. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
10. During Act 1, Scene3, Part 2, Emily Dictionary does a lot of teasing. Who does she specifically pick on and what does she tease them about?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)