|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
(a) She is "always outside of the law."
(b) She is "a little slower than most girls."
(c) She "lives with this white guy in Sudbury."
(d) She "makes her mother more proud than most daughters."
2. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is sad.
3. What does Philomena want to buy with her bingo winnings?
(a) A bottle of perfume.
(b) A used car.
(c) A new toilet.
(d) New clothes.
4. What does Emily say is the source of her injury?
(a) A "squabble."
(b) A "tussle."
(c) An "attack."
(d) A "fight."
5. When Philomena comes running through the store, what is she desperate to use?
(a) The phone.
(b) The mirror.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The water fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
2. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
3. What does Zhaboonigan tell Nanabush when she first sees him?
4. Why does Zhaboonigan run from the store during the women's argument?
5. What is the name of the Indian reserve that the women live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
2. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
4. What is Philomena's part in the fight between the women in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
5. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
6. How did Emily Dictionary get so tough and learn how to fight?
7. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
8. Who did Philomena have a child with and what happened to it?
9. What does Veronique say that she will do with her bingo winnings?
10. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)