|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhaboonigan tell Nanabush when she first sees him?
(a) That she doesn't believe in him.
(b) The she can't fly.
(c) That she recognizes him.
(d) That she thought he was lost.
2. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
(a) A biker gang.
(b) A charity center.
(c) A food coop.
(d) A knitting club.
3. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) To bed.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) The library.
4. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Office apparel.
(b) Loose leisure outfit.
(c) Old, stained clothing.
(d) Tight sexy clothes.
5. What do Veronique's daughter and Marie-Adele talk about picking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelajia say there will be more of as a result of better roads on the reserve?
2. What does Veronique say about Emily Dictionary's name during their argument?
3. Why does Zhaboonigan run from the store during the women's argument?
4. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
5. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
2. What does Zhaboonigan try to do as Marie-Adele is being led away with Nanabush? Why do you think she tries to do this?
3. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
4. What semi-serious plan do the three women: Pelajia, Philomena, and Annie, hatch while they are talking about bingo and prizes?
5. How is Zhaboonigan related to Veronique? How did Veronique come to care for the girl?
6. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
7. What is the conversation between Emily and Annie while Annie is driving the van to Toronto?
8. Describe the encounter between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2.
9. How does Emily Dictionary end up with a black eye? How did she defend herself?
10. What does Annie come to ask Philomena for at the end of the play? Why does she want it and why do the women tease her?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)