|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Emily teases Philomena about needing multiple toilets, how many does she say the woman will need?
2. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
(a) A swollen lip.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A bruised chin.
3. What does Veronique say about Emily Dictionary's name during their argument?
(a) That it is beautiful.
(b) That it is stupid.
(c) That it is old-fashioned.
(d) That it is strange.
4. What do the women learn is the date for the biggest bingo game in the world?
(a) October 10th.
(b) July 28th.
(c) September 8th.
(d) March 1st.
5. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
(a) Her self-respect.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her job.
(d) Big Joey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
3. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
4. How many children does Marie-Adele have?
5. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in Act 1, Scene 1 say they want to do with their bingo winnings?
2. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
3. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. As Pelajia is on her roof in the final scene of the play, she again imagines a better life on the reserve. What role does she say she wish she had and how does she say life would be better because of it?
5. Describe the opening scene of the play.
6. What happens between the women and Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 6 when the women stop to change their van's flat tire?
7. What happens between Emily and Zhaboonigan at the end of Act 2, Scene 6? Are you surprised by this?
8. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
9. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)