Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
2. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
(a) She won the big bingo prize.
(b) She is really a man.
(c) She lost all her money gambling.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her pocket knife.
(b) Her fist.
(c) Her hammer.
(d) Her shoe.
4. Where does Veronique tell Marie-Adele she has seen Emily Dictionary going?
(a) To the bank.
(b) To Big Joey's.
(c) To Toronto.
(d) To the grocery store.
5. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
(a) She always wets the bed.
(b) She can't remember the name of the dog.
(c) She can't tie Marie-Adele's shoelaces.
(d) She can't feed herself with a fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
2. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
3. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
5. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women get frustrated after they aren't successful at the bingo game?
2. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
3. During Act 1, Scene3, Part 2, Emily Dictionary does a lot of teasing. Who does she specifically pick on and what does she tease them about?
4. Annie is picked to be the first driver on the trip to Toronto. What is Annie's driving like in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is Annie's response to Marie-Adele's fears over what might happen after Marie-Adele's death?
6. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
7. What does Pelajia say in her eulogy for Marie-Adele?
8. What does Veronique say that she will do with her bingo winnings?
9. What does Pelajia comment to her sister, Philomena, about bingo and the old ways?
10. Describe the scene where Annie and Emily are singing at the bar.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)