|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
(a) Fire Minklater.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The Chief.
(d) Big Joey.
2. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) So she can get her own thoughts in.
(b) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
(c) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(d) Because she wants everyone to get along.
3. Who does Annie give the letter to read from her daughter's package?
(a) Gazelle Nataways.
4. Where does Pelajia tell her sister that she wants to go?
(c) Niagara Falls.
5. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
(a) The ducks.
(b) The presidents.
(c) The pigs.
(d) Her children's.
Short Answer Questions
1. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
2. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
3. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
4. When Philomena comes running through the store, what is she desperate to use?
5. What is the name of the Indian reserve that the women live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Philomena's part in the fight between the women in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
2. Describe the anticipation of the women for the biggest bingo game in the world.
3. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
4. How does the play end?
5. What is the main subject of conversation between the women in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does Veronique say that she will do with her bingo winnings?
7. What happens in the encounter between Zhaboonigan and Nanabush in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
8. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
9. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
10. How does Nanabush appear in the opening of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)