|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Emily teases Philomena about needing multiple toilets, how many does she say the woman will need?
2. What illness does Marie-Adele have?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
3. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
(a) She is "a little slower than most girls."
(b) She "lives with this white guy in Sudbury."
(c) She "makes her mother more proud than most daughters."
(d) She is "always outside of the law."
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Big Joey's shack.
(b) Marie-Adele's yard.
(c) Pelajia's house.
(d) Veronique's kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pelajia doing at the beginning of the play?
2. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
3. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
4. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
5. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
2. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Pelajia comment to her sister, Philomena, about bingo and the old ways?
4. As Pelajia is on her roof in the final scene of the play, she again imagines a better life on the reserve. What role does she say she wish she had and how does she say life would be better because of it?
5. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
6. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
7. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
8. What semi-serious plan do the three women: Pelajia, Philomena, and Annie, hatch while they are talking about bingo and prizes?
9. Describe the scene where Annie and Emily are singing at the bar.
10. What does Zhaboonigan try to do as Marie-Adele is being led away with Nanabush? Why do you think she tries to do this?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)