|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
(a) "There is something crawling on my skin."
(b) "My leg is bleeding very badly."
(c) "It feels like I'm laying on pins and needles."
(d) "There's something rattling around inside me."
2. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
(a) Horny Hal's.
(b) Little Max's.
(c) Big Joey's.
(d) Big Sam's.
3. What do the women learn is the date for the biggest bingo game in the world?
(a) September 8th.
(b) March 1st.
(c) July 28th.
(d) October 10th.
4. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A wedding.
5. How many biological children does Veronique have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Emily remind Annie that she doesn't speak?
2. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
4. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
5. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the van on their way to Toronto, what fears does Marie-Adele express about Annie considering anything should happen to Marie-Adele?
2. Annie is picked to be the first driver on the trip to Toronto. What is Annie's driving like in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. How do the women learn how much money they have made through their various efforts? How much money is it?
4. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1, what does Annie tell Emily she was not able to find out? What do they resolve to do?
5. Why does Pelajia give her hammer to Emily as the women get together to discuss their trip to Toronto?
6. What does Pelajia comment to her sister, Philomena, about bingo and the old ways?
7. Why is Veronique mad when she arrives at Marie-Adele's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Does Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game work? What happens?
9. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
10. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)