|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
(a) She needs to pray.
(b) She has a pain attack.
(c) She drops her contact.
(d) The other woman is very short.
2. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
(b) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(c) So she can get her own thoughts in.
(d) Because she wants everyone to get along.
3. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) There will be no more games on the reserve.
(b) That she will never be any good at bingo.
(c) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(d) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
4. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
(a) The women freeze in place.
(b) The store explodes.
(c) The light turns blue.
(d) The women run after her.
5. Emily Dictionary says that she was not the intended target of the person who caused her injury. Who was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Annie?
2. What do the women do simultaneously when they learn of the biggest bingo game in the world?
3. Where does Pelajia say Bingo Betty should have gone?
4. What illness does Marie-Adele have?
5. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Annie's response to Marie-Adele's fears over what might happen after Marie-Adele's death?
2. What happens when the women get frustrated after they aren't successful at the bingo game?
3. What is the conversation between Emily and Annie while Annie is driving the van to Toronto?
4. How does Philomena describe her life in Toronto?
5. What does Emily reveal about her days in San Francisco with a biker gang? What does she say about her friend and what she is angry about?
6. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
7. What does Pelajia say in her eulogy for Marie-Adele?
8. What type of clothes is Philomena wearing as she helps her sister with the roof? What happens to them?
9. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
10. How does Emily Dictionary end up with a black eye? How did she defend herself?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)