|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily say she would beat up if she won the big prize in bingo?
2. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A swollen lip.
(d) A bruised chin.
3. Why does Philomena tell Emily that she should respect Veronique?
(a) Because she has money.
(b) Because she is dying.
(c) Because she's an elder.
(d) Because she's her mother.
4. Where does Pelajia say Bingo Betty should have gone?
(a) New York City.
(d) Niagara Falls.
5. Which appliance does Veronique complain doesn't work at her house?
(a) Her stove.
(b) Her freezer.
(c) Her refrigerator.
(d) Her microwave.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Marie-Adele accuse Veronique of adopting Zhaboonigan?
2. When Emily teases Philomena about needing multiple toilets, how many does she say the woman will need?
3. Emily Dictionary says that she was not the intended target of the person who caused her injury. Who was?
4. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
5. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pelajia's response to Marie-Adele about her intimate confession involving her husband?
2. How does the play end?
3. Why does Pelajia give her hammer to Emily as the women get together to discuss their trip to Toronto?
4. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
5. What does Marie-Adele say that she would do with her bingo winnings?
6. What is Philomena's part in the fight between the women in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
7. Does Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game work? What happens?
8. What happens in the encounter between Zhaboonigan and Nanabush in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
9. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)