Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which appliance does Veronique complain doesn't work at her house?
(a) Her refrigerator.
(b) Her freezer.
(c) Her stove.
(d) Her microwave.
2. Who is Annie?
(a) Paula's aunt.
(b) Philomena's sworn enemy.
(c) Pelajia's mother.
(d) Pelajia's half-sister.
3. Where are Annie and Marie-Adele going in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the record store.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To the movies.
4. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Brook Brownbear.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) Sunny Johnson.
(d) Moon Goodfellow.
5. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is sad.
(d) She is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman Veronique complains about recently receive?
2. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
4. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
5. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Emily and Zhaboonigan at the end of Act 2, Scene 6? Are you surprised by this?
2. What is Emily Dictionary's accusation of Veronique regarding Zhaboonigan? How does the woman respond?
3. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. What is happening between Emily and Zhaboonigan in Act 2, Scene 8? What kind of relationship do these two characters seem to emulate?
5. What happens between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the bingo game in Toronto?
6. What is the argument between Veronique and Emily concerning Zhaboonigan about?
7. How does Emily Dictionary end up with a black eye? How did she defend herself?
8. What does Veronique tell Marie-Adele is happening in Toronto and what do the women then plan?
9. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
10. What is the women's reaction to the news about the biggest bingo game? What does Emily Dictionary specifically want to do if she wins?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)