|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Philomena comes running through the store, what is she desperate to use?
(a) The toilet.
(b) The mirror.
(c) The phone.
(d) The water fountain.
2. Which appliance does Veronique complain doesn't work at her house?
(a) Her microwave.
(b) Her stove.
(c) Her refrigerator.
(d) Her freezer.
3. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
(a) Big Joey.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Chief.
4. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A bruised chin.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A swollen lip.
5. What is in the package that Annie receives from her daughter, besides a letter?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A new record.
(c) A calling card.
(d) A new diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
2. Who does Annie give the letter to read from her daughter's package?
3. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
4. Where are Annie and Marie-Adele going in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Emily's friend from the biker gang? What does Emily resolve not to do because of it?
2. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1, what does Annie tell Emily she was not able to find out? What do they resolve to do?
3. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Describe the scene where Annie and Emily are singing at the bar.
5. What does Pelajia say in her eulogy for Marie-Adele?
6. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
7. What is Annie's response to Marie-Adele's fears over what might happen after Marie-Adele's death?
8. What is Nanabush's role in the scene as the women meet to plan their trip to Toronto?
9. What specific things do the women do in their efforts to raise money for the trip to Toronto?
10. How do the women learn about the biggest bingo game in the world? When is it and how much is the grand prize?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)