|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What did the woman Veronique complains about recently receive?
(a) A new house.
(b) Winnings from the lottery.
(c) A working stove.
(d) A secondhand car.
3. What language does Emily remind Annie that she doesn't speak?
4. What is the name of the abusive man that Emily used to live with?
5. For what purpose does Marie-Adele accuse Veronique of adopting Zhaboonigan?
(a) To get her to do household chores.
(b) To show her off.
(c) To get her disability check.
(d) To keep her husband interested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
2. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
3. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
4. What superhero does Pelajia refer to in the beginning of the play?
5. What is in the package that Annie receives from her daughter, besides a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in Act 1, Scene 1 say they want to do with their bingo winnings?
2. What are Veronique's complaints about life on the reservation?
3. Annie is picked to be the first driver on the trip to Toronto. What is Annie's driving like in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Veronique tell Marie-Adele is happening in Toronto and what do the women then plan?
5. Describe the anticipation of the women for the biggest bingo game in the world.
6. What do we learn about the character of Marie-Adele in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
8. What is going on with Annie at the end of the play after the bingo game?
9. Why does Pelajia give her hammer to Emily as the women get together to discuss their trip to Toronto?
10. How do the women learn how much money they have made through their various efforts? How much money is it?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)