|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(a) A wedding.
(c) A birthday party.
2. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
(b) That she will never be any good at bingo.
(c) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(d) There will be no more games on the reserve.
3. What does Philomena say about Bingo Betty?
(a) She died while playing bingo.
(b) Her bingo obsession drove her crazy.
(c) She won the most money in bingo history.
(d) Her spirit haunts the bingo hall.
4. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
(a) Coming out of Big Joey's.
(b) Going into the grocery store.
(c) Going into the liquor store.
(d) Leaving Bill Ryan's.
5. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her pocket knife.
(b) Her hammer.
(c) Her fist.
(d) Her shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronique tell Marie-Adele she has seen Emily Dictionary going?
2. What is the prize for the biggest bingo in the world?
3. What does Annie ask if the women know is true about Gazelle Nataways?
4. What are Nanabush and Windigo?
5. Who does Philomena wonder would most want to know the information about Gazelle Nataways?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between the women and Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 6 when the women stop to change their van's flat tire?
2. What does Veronique tell Marie-Adele is happening in Toronto and what do the women then plan?
3. Who does Philomena tell a story about at the end of Act 1, Scene 1? What is the story about?
4. What starts the argument between Emily and Veronique in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
5. What is Pelajia's first idea for getting the money to travel to Toronto for the big bingo game? What is her argument for this idea?
6. How do the women learn how much money they have made through their various efforts? How much money is it?
7. Describe the encounter between Marie-Adele and Nanabush at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2.
8. What type of clothes is Philomena wearing as she helps her sister with the roof? What happens to them?
9. Why is Pelajia upset with Annie in Act 1, Scene 1? What is Annie's response?
10. What do the women in Act 1, Scene 1 say they want to do with their bingo winnings?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)