|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) May 5th.
(b) November 26th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) September 8th.
2. What does Nanabush appear disguised as in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A badger.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A nighthawk.
(d) An eagle.
3. Where do the bingo cards come from for the women's practice game?
(a) Their programs.
(b) The ticket booth.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) They brought them with them.
4. Who does Emily write the song for that she sings with Annie?
5. What happens to Zhaboongian after she is teased as the women argue about Toronto?
(a) She falls off her stool.
(b) She kicks Emily.
(c) She cries.
(d) She screams.
6. Who does Nanabush come disguised as in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The taxi driver.
(b) The Bingo Caller.
(c) A seagull.
(d) Big Joey.
7. What is the emotion felt most by the women as the bingo game progresses?
8. Pelajia tells a story about a person so angry his partner was dying that he _________.
(a) Cursed the spirits.
(b) Barely spoke.
(c) Killed himself.
(d) Ran away.
9. Who was in the motorcycle gang with Emily?
10. While Zhaboonigan is teasing Emily, where does she poke her?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the eye.
11. In what language does Marie-Adele tell Nanabush that she is ready to go?
12. Who takes in washing to raise money for the trip?
13. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
(a) Fix Pelajia's roof.
(b) Clean their houses.
(c) Win an argument.
(d) Raise money.
14. What is the main point of the eulogy for Marie-Adele?
(a) To have a large family and husband.
(b) To make the most of your life right now.
(c) To get off of the reserve before you die.
(d) To never stop wishing for greater things.
15. Who teases Zhaboonigan as the women argue about getting to Toronto?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie-Adele wonder about Annie?
2. Who does Pelajia hand her hammer to during the women's meeting?
3. What type of vehicle do the women drive to Toronto?
4. Who tries to screw things up for the women as they work to get ready for the big bingo game?
5. How did Emily's friend from the motorcycle gang die?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)