|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie asks Emily if there are a lot of ________ that go to her favorite bar in Toronto.
(d) White people.
2. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) November 26th.
(b) May 5th.
(c) September 8th.
(d) January 1st.
3. What was Emily's friend in the motorcycle gang always angry about?
(a) How Indians were treated.
(b) That her boyfriend left her for Emily.
(c) That she couldn't ride a motorcycle.
(d) How Emily ignored her.
4. Who teases Zhaboonigan as the women argue about getting to Toronto?
5. What happens in the play as Marie-Adele is with Nanabush and prepares to go with him?
(a) The lights shift around them.
(b) A bright white light appears to the side of them.
(c) The women start to scream.
(d) A large trumpet sounds.
6. What does Pelajia indicate that will be with her until death?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Money from the bingo game.
(c) The desire to leave the reserve.
(d) Her hammer.
7. Who is wearing a rhinestone-studded hat and tails?
(a) Big Joey.
8. Who wakes up shouting, "BINGO!"?
9. What does Marie-Adele promise she will do after death if Annie disrupts Marie-Adele's family?
(a) Bless her.
(b) Watch her.
(c) Haunt her.
(d) Kill her.
10. Pelajia tells a story about a person so angry his partner was dying that he _________.
(a) Cursed the spirits.
(b) Killed himself.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Barely spoke.
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the things the women argue about concerning going to Toronto?
(a) Who's going to drive.
(b) Who will watch the children.
(c) How they will pay for groceries.
(d) What they're going to eat.
12. Where do the bingo cards come from for the women's practice game?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Their programs.
(c) They brought them with them.
(d) The ticket booth.
13. Who takes in washing to raise money for the trip?
14. Where do Emily and Annie sing a song that Emily wrote?
(a) A bar.
(b) The store.
(d) A studio.
15. Who goes with Zhaboonigan when she wanders off as the women are repairing their vehicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
2. What type of vehicle do the women drive to Toronto?
3. Who does Nanabush come disguised as in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. How much money do Emily and Annie make singing?
5. How did Emily's friend from the motorcycle gang die?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)