|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
(b) Runs after her.
(c) Curses Nanabush.
(d) Runs away.
2. Who tries to screw things up for the women as they work to get ready for the big bingo game?
(b) Big Joey.
3. Who goes with Zhaboonigan when she wanders off as the women are repairing their vehicle?
4. Who bakes pies to raise money for the trip?
5. What do Annie and Emily talk about in the front of the van on the way to Toronto?
(a) Jobs and career goals.
(b) Money and the future.
(c) Their kids.
(d) Men and going out.
6. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) It runs out of gas.
(b) The engine explodes.
(c) It overheats.
(d) A tire goes flat.
7. In what language does Marie-Adele tell Nanabush that she is ready to go?
8. When Zhaboonigan interrupts the women in the vehicle on the way to Toronto, what does she say?
(a) She doesn't like fighting.
(b) She likes birds.
(c) She needs to pee.
(d) She can't wait to see Toronto.
9. What is the emotion felt most by the women as the bingo game progresses?
10. What does Marie-Adele wonder about Annie?
(a) If she will ever get married again.
(b) If she will ever learn to drive.
(c) If she will ever see her daughter again.
(d) If she will ever finish school.
11. Where do Emily and Annie sing a song that Emily wrote?
(a) The store.
(c) A studio.
(d) A bar.
12. Who wakes up and swears at Annie after the argument between Annie and Marie-Adele?
13. What does Emily tell Zhaboonigan to do once they reach San Francisco?
(a) To stick close to her.
(b) To beg for money.
(c) To be quiet.
(d) To not talk to her.
14. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
(a) Win an argument.
(b) Raise money.
(c) Fix Pelajia's roof.
(d) Clean their houses.
15. Who does Nanabush come disguised as in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Big Joey.
(b) A seagull.
(c) The Bingo Caller.
(d) The taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do the women make in their various efforts for their trip to Toronto?
2. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
3. Who is with Zhaboonigan as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
4. What does Marie-Adele do with Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Who does Nanabush reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)