|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the most cards at the bingo game?
2. What does Marie-Adele wonder about Annie?
(a) If she will ever get married again.
(b) If she will ever see her daughter again.
(c) If she will ever learn to drive.
(d) If she will ever finish school.
3. Who is wearing a rhinestone-studded hat and tails?
(c) Big Joey.
4. What do the women say after they are unsuccessful in the bingo game?
(a) That they will have better luck next year.
(b) That the game is rigged.
(c) That it is for the best.
(d) That they are glad they didn't win.
5. What does Veronique do at the beginning of the trip to Toronto?
(b) Tells jokes.
6. Pelajia tells a story about a person so angry his partner was dying that he _________.
(a) Barely spoke.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Killed himself.
(d) Cursed the spirits.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the things the women argue about concerning going to Toronto?
(a) What they're going to eat.
(b) Who's going to drive.
(c) Who will watch the children.
(d) How they will pay for groceries.
8. What does Marie-Adele promise she will do after death if Annie disrupts Marie-Adele's family?
(a) Watch her.
(b) Bless her.
(c) Haunt her.
(d) Kill her.
9. What does Pelajia indicate that will be with her until death?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The desire to leave the reserve.
(c) Money from the bingo game.
(d) Her hammer.
10. What is the reason that Emily says she will never go back to San Francisco?
(a) Rose's death.
(b) An outstanding warrant.
(c) Her mother lives there.
(d) She doesn't like big cities.
11. How many years ago did Marie-Adele's husband choose her and Annie?
(a) Twenty-six years ago.
(b) Nine years ago.
(c) Nineteen years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
12. What happens to Zhaboongian after she is teased as the women argue about Toronto?
(a) She kicks Emily.
(b) She screams.
(c) She cries.
(d) She falls off her stool.
13. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Runs after her.
(d) Curses Nanabush.
14. What does Annie do when she gets angry at Marie-Adele on the way to Toronto?
(a) Gets out of the car.
(b) Curses at her.
(c) Swerves the vehicle.
(d) Hits her with a hammer.
15. Which of the following scenes in Act 2 is actually a montage of smaller scenes?
(a) Scene 2.
(b) Scene 3.
(c) Scene 1.
(d) Scene 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie-Adele do with Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What is the name of Marie-Adele's husband?
3. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
4. What happens in the play as Marie-Adele is with Nanabush and prepares to go with him?
5. Who does Pelajia hand her hammer to during the women's meeting?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)