|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zhaboonigan wander off while the women are repairing the vehicle?
(a) To go talk to Nanabush.
(b) To get gas for the car.
(c) To pick wildflowers.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
2. What happened to Philomena's child?
(a) He is living with his grandparents.
(b) She gave it up for adoption.
(c) She sent it to live with its father.
(d) He died during infancy.
3. How much money do Emily and Annie make singing?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred and twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
4. What is the emotion felt most by the women as the bingo game progresses?
5. What does Zhaboonigan bang on the table during the bingo game?
(a) Her bingo card.
(b) Her fist.
(c) A water glass.
(d) A crucifix.
6. Which of the following scenes in Act 2 is actually a montage of smaller scenes?
(a) Scene 2.
(b) Scene 4.
(c) Scene 3.
(d) Scene 1.
7. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Runs after her.
(c) Curses Nanabush.
8. What does Pelajia reassure Marie-Adele about her husband?
(a) That he is not cheating.
(b) That he will find a wife after she is gone.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he will take care of the children.
9. What prize is awarded for winning the practice game?
(a) Six hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Five hundred thousand dollars.
10. What does Emily tell Zhaboonigan to do once they reach San Francisco?
(a) To not talk to her.
(b) To beg for money.
(c) To be quiet.
(d) To stick close to her.
11. Who teases Zhaboonigan as the women argue about getting to Toronto?
12. Pelajia tells a story about a person so angry his partner was dying that he _________.
(a) Cursed the spirits.
(b) Killed himself.
(c) Barely spoke.
(d) Ran away.
13. What does Marie-Adele confess to Pelajia about her husband?
(a) She hasn't told him about her cancer.
(b) She thinks he is unattractive.
(c) It's hard to resist his advances.
(d) He is cheating on her.
14. When Zhaboonigan interrupts the women in the vehicle on the way to Toronto, what does she say?
(a) She doesn't like fighting.
(b) She needs to pee.
(c) She likes birds.
(d) She can't wait to see Toronto.
15. Who does Emily write the song for that she sings with Annie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie-Adele wonder about Annie?
2. Who gives a eulogy for Marie-Adele?
3. Who goes with Zhaboonigan when she wanders off as the women are repairing their vehicle?
4. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
5. What does Marie-Adele promise she will do after death if Annie disrupts Marie-Adele's family?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)