|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years ago did Marie-Adele's husband choose her and Annie?
(a) Twenty-six years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Nine years ago.
(d) Nineteen years ago.
2. When Zhaboonigan interrupts the women in the vehicle on the way to Toronto, what does she say?
(a) She needs to pee.
(b) She can't wait to see Toronto.
(c) She doesn't like fighting.
(d) She likes birds.
3. What is the main point of the eulogy for Marie-Adele?
(a) To get off of the reserve before you die.
(b) To have a large family and husband.
(c) To never stop wishing for greater things.
(d) To make the most of your life right now.
4. Who does Nanabush attack in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Who tries to screw things up for the women as they work to get ready for the big bingo game?
(a) Big Joey.
6. Where does Emily promise that she will take Zhaboonigan sometime?
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
7. Pelajia tells a story about a person so angry his partner was dying that he _________.
(a) Cursed the spirits.
(b) Barely spoke.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Killed himself.
8. What was the name of Emily's motorcycle gang?
(a) The Tough Sparrows.
(b) The Rez Sisters.
(c) The Righteous Women.
(d) The Angry Fists.
9. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) September 8th.
(b) May 5th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) November 26th.
10. In what language does Marie-Adele tell Nanabush that she is ready to go?
11. What does Pelajia indicate that will be with her until death?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her hammer.
(c) The desire to leave the reserve.
(d) Money from the bingo game.
12. How much money do Emily and Annie make singing?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred and twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
13. Who does Nanabush reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The nighthawk.
(b) The taxi driver.
(c) Marie-Adele's husband.
(d) A cardinal.
14. What word does Nanabush whisper into Marie-Adele's ear?
15. Who wakes up and swears at Annie after the argument between Annie and Marie-Adele?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelajia reassure Marie-Adele about her husband?
2. Who does Nanabush come disguised as in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who does household repairs to raise money for the trip?
4. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
5. Who gives a eulogy for Marie-Adele?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)