|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Philomena having an affair with when she lived in Toronto?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Big Joey.
(c) Her next door neighbor.
(d) Her sister's husband.
2. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) September 8th.
(b) November 26th.
(c) May 5th.
(d) January 1st.
3. Who tries to screw things up for the women as they work to get ready for the big bingo game?
(a) Big Joey.
4. How much money do Emily and Annie make singing?
(a) Three hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred and twenty dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
5. Who is wearing a rhinestone-studded hat and tails?
(d) Big Joey.
6. How much money do the women make in their various efforts for their trip to Toronto?
(a) Eight hundred dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
7. Where do the bingo cards come from for the women's practice game?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The ticket booth.
(c) They brought them with them.
(d) Their programs.
8. Who teases Zhaboonigan as the women argue about getting to Toronto?
9. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The engine explodes.
(b) A tire goes flat.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It overheats.
10. What prize is awarded for winning the practice game?
(a) Five hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Six hundred dollars.
11. Why does Zhaboonigan wander off while the women are repairing the vehicle?
(a) To pick wildflowers.
(b) To get gas for the car.
(c) To go talk to Nanabush.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
12. Where does Emily promise that she will take Zhaboonigan sometime?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) New York.
13. Who does Emily write the song for that she sings with Annie?
14. Why do the women gather after they are denied money by the Chief?
(a) To complain about the stingy Chief.
(b) To trade stories about their lives.
(c) To prepare a meal for dinner.
(d) To make plans to go to the bingo game.
15. What is the name of Marie-Adele's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bakes pies to raise money for the trip?
2. Who does Pelajia hand her hammer to during the women's meeting?
3. What does Marie-Adele wonder about Annie?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things the women argue about concerning going to Toronto?
5. What does Pelajia reassure Marie-Adele about her husband?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)