|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women gather after they are denied money by the Chief?
(a) Pelajia's basement.
(b) Marie-Adele's yard.
(c) Big Joey's shack.
(d) The store.
2. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) May 5th.
(b) September 8th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) November 26th.
3. What is the name of Marie-Adele's husband?
4. How did Emily's friend from the motorcycle gang die?
(a) She ran into a semi-trailer.
(b) She rode off a bridge.
(c) She had cancer.
(d) She was killed in a bar fight.
5. Who is with Zhaboonigan as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
6. While Zhaboonigan is teasing Emily, where does she poke her?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the eye.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the stomach.
7. Who is the first character to drive the vehicle on the way to Toronto?
8. What is the emotion felt most by the women as the bingo game progresses?
9. In what language does Marie-Adele tell Nanabush that she is ready to go?
10. What does Annie do when she gets angry at Marie-Adele on the way to Toronto?
(a) Curses at her.
(b) Gets out of the car.
(c) Swerves the vehicle.
(d) Hits her with a hammer.
11. What does Marie-Adele confess to Pelajia about her husband?
(a) It's hard to resist his advances.
(b) She hasn't told him about her cancer.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) She thinks he is unattractive.
12. What is the main point of the eulogy for Marie-Adele?
(a) To make the most of your life right now.
(b) To get off of the reserve before you die.
(c) To have a large family and husband.
(d) To never stop wishing for greater things.
13. Where do the bingo cards come from for the women's practice game?
(a) The ticket booth.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) They brought them with them.
(d) Their programs.
14. Who wakes up and swears at Annie after the argument between Annie and Marie-Adele?
15. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
(a) Fix Pelajia's roof.
(b) Clean their houses.
(c) Win an argument.
(d) Raise money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who babysits to raise money for the trip?
2. What happens to Zhaboongian after she is teased as the women argue about Toronto?
3. What do the women say after they are unsuccessful in the bingo game?
4. What prize is awarded for winning the practice game?
5. What does Zhaboonigan bang on the table during the bingo game?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)