|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the bingo cards come from for the women's practice game?
(a) They brought them with them.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The ticket booth.
(d) Their programs.
2. Why does Pelajia hand her hammer away to another character during the meeting?
(a) Because that character has asked to borrow it.
(b) Because she is too tired to hold it anymore.
(c) So that character can conduct the meeting.
(d) So that character can work while she's at the meeting.
3. Who bakes pies to raise money for the trip?
4. What does Nanabush appear disguised as in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A nighthawk.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A badger.
5. What happens in the play as Marie-Adele is with Nanabush and prepares to go with him?
(a) The women start to scream.
(b) A bright white light appears to the side of them.
(c) The lights shift around them.
(d) A large trumpet sounds.
6. Who was in the motorcycle gang with Emily?
7. Who wakes up shouting, "BINGO!"?
8. What happened to Philomena's child?
(a) She gave it up for adoption.
(b) She sent it to live with its father.
(c) He died during infancy.
(d) He is living with his grandparents.
9. What happens to the vehicle the women are driving in at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) It runs out of gas.
(b) It overheats.
(c) The engine explodes.
(d) A tire goes flat.
10. What does Pelajia reassure Marie-Adele about her husband?
(a) That he will take care of the children.
(b) That he is not cheating.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he will find a wife after she is gone.
11. Who was Philomena having an affair with when she lived in Toronto?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Big Joey.
(c) Her next door neighbor.
(d) Her sister's husband.
12. What does Veronique do at the beginning of the trip to Toronto?
(b) Tells jokes.
13. What does Marie-Adele promise she will do after death if Annie disrupts Marie-Adele's family?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Watch her.
(c) Haunt her.
(d) Bless her.
14. What does Marie-Adele do with Nanabush in Act 2, Scene 7?
15. What does Philomena say is the day that her and Pelajia's mother died?
(a) November 26th.
(b) May 5th.
(c) September 8th.
(d) January 1st.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women choose as the second driver of the vehicle?
2. Who does household repairs to raise money for the trip?
3. What does Zhaboonigan do as Marie-Adele goes with Nanabush?
4. In Act 2, we see the women in a montage of scenes desperately trying to do what?
5. What does Annie do when she gets angry at Marie-Adele on the way to Toronto?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)