|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Annie?
(a) Paula's aunt.
(b) Pelajia's mother.
(c) Pelajia's half-sister.
(d) Philomena's sworn enemy.
2. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
(a) Going into the grocery store.
(b) Coming out of Big Joey's.
(c) Going into the liquor store.
(d) Leaving Bill Ryan's.
3. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(b) A wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
4. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
(a) Big Joey.
(b) Fire Minklater.
5. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
6. What does Emily say is the source of her injury?
(a) A "squabble."
(b) A "fight."
(c) A "tussle."
(d) An "attack."
7. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
8. What does Pelajia say there will be more of as a result of better roads on the reserve?
(d) Stop signs.
9. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
(d) New York City.
10. What does Veronique do when the other women gang up on her?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Swings at them.
(d) Calls them a name.
11. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
(a) She drops her contact.
(b) She needs to pray.
(c) The other woman is very short.
(d) She has a pain attack.
12. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) Her fist.
(c) Her pocket knife.
(d) Her hammer.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
14. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
(b) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(c) There will be no more games on the reserve.
(d) That she will never be any good at bingo.
15. What illness does Marie-Adele have?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
2. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
3. Who is Marie-Adele?
4. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
5. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)