|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) To bed.
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The library.
2. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
(a) Leaving Bill Ryan's.
(b) Going into the grocery store.
(c) Coming out of Big Joey's.
(d) Going into the liquor store.
3. Who is Annie?
(a) Pelajia's half-sister.
(b) Pelajia's mother.
(c) Philomena's sworn enemy.
(d) Paula's aunt.
4. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Brook Brownbear.
(b) Sunny Johnson.
(c) Moon Goodfellow.
(d) Fire Minklater.
5. What does Emily teasingly call Zhaboonigan?
(a) A devil.
(b) A pagan.
(c) A brat.
(d) An angel.
6. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
(a) Fire Minklater.
(d) Big Joey.
7. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Tight sexy clothes.
(b) Office apparel.
(c) Loose leisure outfit.
(d) Old, stained clothing.
8. Why does Philomena tell Emily that she should respect Veronique?
(a) Because she is dying.
(b) Because she has money.
(c) Because she's her mother.
(d) Because she's an elder.
9. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(b) So she can get her own thoughts in.
(c) Because she wants everyone to get along.
(d) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
10. What date does Marie-Adele's important event in Toronto fall on?
(a) July 20th.
(b) March 4th.
(c) September 10th.
(d) October 5th
11. What does Veronique do when the other women gang up on her?
(a) Calls them a name.
(b) Swings at them.
(c) Goes home.
12. Emily Dictionary says that she was not the intended target of the person who caused her injury. Who was?
13. Who is actually in disguise as the seagull Marie-Adele is throwing things at?
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
15. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
2. What injury does Emily Dictionary have when the women meet her at the store?
3. What does Philomena say about Bingo Betty?
4. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
5. For what purpose does Marie-Adele accuse Veronique of adopting Zhaboonigan?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)