|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veronique do when the other women gang up on her?
(b) Goes home.
(c) Calls them a name.
(d) Swings at them.
2. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
(a) Big Sam's.
(b) Horny Hal's.
(c) Little Max's.
(d) Big Joey's.
3. Who is Annie?
(a) Pelajia's mother.
(b) Philomena's sworn enemy.
(c) Pelajia's half-sister.
(d) Paula's aunt.
4. Why does Marie-Adele tell the seagull she can't go with him?
(a) Her daughter is sick.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She has work to do.
(d) She can't fly.
5. Who does Emily say she would beat up if she won the big prize in bingo?
6. What does Pelajia threaten Emily with when the woman dares her to fight?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her hammer.
(c) Her fist.
(d) A lawsuit.
7. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 2, where does Annie run out of with the mail?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The store.
(c) The garage.
(d) The back room.
8. Where does Veronique tell Marie-Adele she has seen Emily Dictionary going?
(a) To the bank.
(b) To Big Joey's.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To Toronto.
9. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
10. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
(a) Niagara Falls.
(b) New York City.
(d) San Francisco.
11. What does Philomena want to buy with her bingo winnings?
(a) A new toilet.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A used car.
(d) New clothes.
12. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
(a) The store explodes.
(b) The women freeze in place.
(c) The women run after her.
(d) The light turns blue.
13. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
(a) Big Joey.
(c) Her father.
14. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
(a) "There is something crawling on my skin."
(b) "There's something rattling around inside me."
(c) "It feels like I'm laying on pins and needles."
(d) "My leg is bleeding very badly."
15. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) There will be no more games on the reserve.
(b) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(c) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
(d) That she will never be any good at bingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
2. What does Veronique say about Emily Dictionary's name during their argument?
3. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
4. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
5. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)