|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pelajia tell her sister that she wants to go?
(d) Niagara Falls.
2. Why does Philomena tell Emily that she should respect Veronique?
(a) Because she has money.
(b) Because she's her mother.
(c) Because she is dying.
(d) Because she's an elder.
3. What is the name of the Indian reserve that the women live on?
(a) Chitayagan Reserve.
(b) Wasaychigan Hill.
(c) Nataway Mountain.
(d) Sudbury Center.
4. Why can't Veronique get her broken appliance fixed?
(a) She is too lazy to look into it.
(b) Her husband drinks away all the money.
(c) She lost her job and can't afford it.
(d) There are no suitable repairmen in town.
5. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is sad.
6. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
(a) Uniquely beautiful.
(b) Developmentally slow.
(c) Talented painter.
(d) Angry and reclusive.
7. What is the name of the loose woman who hangs around the strip club?
(a) Paula Moosetail.
(b) Emily Dictionary.
(c) Gazelle Nataways.
(d) Marie-Adele Starblanket.
8. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
(a) Big Joey.
(c) Fire Minklater.
9. Why does Zhaboonigan run from the store during the women's argument?
(a) She can't hear.
(b) She is late for school.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She saw a puppy.
10. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To buy some food.
(b) To pick up a parcel.
(c) To get a new record.
(d) To see the new movie.
11. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
(a) Horny Hal's.
(b) Big Sam's.
(c) Big Joey's.
(d) Little Max's.
12. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
(a) Big Joey.
(d) Her father.
13. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Chief.
(c) Big Joey.
(d) Fire Minklater.
14. Who is Annie's favorite bar band?
(a) Fritz the Katz.
(b) Josette Mitchell's trio.
(c) Joey and the Alley Cats.
(d) Louie's Big Band.
15. What happens to Philomena when she falls from the ladder?
(a) She sprains her ankle.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She bruises her arm.
(d) She tears her skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do simultaneously when they learn of the biggest bingo game in the world?
2. What does Emily say is the source of her injury?
3. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
4. What is in the package that Annie receives from her daughter, besides a letter?
5. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)