|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her self-respect.
(c) Her job.
(d) Big Joey.
2. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) The library.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) To bed.
3. What language does Emily remind Annie that she doesn't speak?
4. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
(a) Because she is different.
(b) Because she is funny.
(c) Because she wears silly clothing.
(d) Because she is ugly.
5. Who is dancing along behind the women as they make their way to the band office?
(a) Fire Minklater.
(b) Big Joey.
6. Where are Annie and Marie-Adele going in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To the record store.
(d) To the movies.
7. What does Zhaboonigan tell Nanabush when she first sees him?
(a) That she recognizes him.
(b) The she can't fly.
(c) That she doesn't believe in him.
(d) That she thought he was lost.
8. During an argument, where does Veronique let out that she saw Emily?
(a) Leaving Bill Ryan's.
(b) Coming out of Big Joey's.
(c) Going into the liquor store.
(d) Going into the grocery store.
9. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
10. Who is Annie's favorite bar band?
(a) Joey and the Alley Cats.
(b) Josette Mitchell's trio.
(c) Fritz the Katz.
(d) Louie's Big Band.
11. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
(a) Big Joey.
(c) Her father.
12. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
13. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Niagara Falls.
14. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
(a) A knitting club.
(b) A charity center.
(c) A food coop.
(d) A biker gang.
15. What is Pelajia doing at the beginning of the play?
(a) Cooking dinner for her family.
(b) Putting shingles on her roof.
(c) Dyeing her sister's hair.
(d) Sitting on the porch with her sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
2. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
3. What does Philomena say about Bingo Betty?
4. Where does Pelajia say Bingo Betty should have gone?
5. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)