|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Marie-Adele have?
2. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
(b) So she can get her own thoughts in.
(c) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(d) Because she wants everyone to get along.
3. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Sunny Johnson.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) Brook Brownbear.
(d) Moon Goodfellow.
4. What do Veronique's daughter and Marie-Adele talk about picking?
5. What did the woman Veronique complains about recently receive?
(a) A new house.
(b) A working stove.
(c) Winnings from the lottery.
(d) A secondhand car.
6. What happens in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1 when Zhaboonigan runs from the store?
(a) The light turns blue.
(b) The women freeze in place.
(c) The store explodes.
(d) The women run after her.
7. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
(a) Little Max's.
(b) Big Sam's.
(c) Horny Hal's.
(d) Big Joey's.
8. Who is Annie?
(a) Paula's aunt.
(b) Pelajia's mother.
(c) Pelajia's half-sister.
(d) Philomena's sworn enemy.
9. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
(a) She can't tie Marie-Adele's shoelaces.
(b) She can't feed herself with a fork.
(c) She always wets the bed.
(d) She can't remember the name of the dog.
10. Who is Annie's favorite bar band?
(a) Josette Mitchell's trio.
(b) Joey and the Alley Cats.
(c) Fritz the Katz.
(d) Louie's Big Band.
11. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(b) A birthday party.
(d) A wedding.
12. What does Veronique say about Emily Dictionary's name during their argument?
(a) That it is old-fashioned.
(b) That it is beautiful.
(c) That it is stupid.
(d) That it is strange.
13. Who watches Gazelle Nataways' children when she goes off with Big Joey?
14. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
(a) Uniquely beautiful.
(b) Talented painter.
(c) Angry and reclusive.
(d) Developmentally slow.
15. Where are Annie and Marie-Adele going in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the record store.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 2, where does Annie run out of with the mail?
2. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
3. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
4. How many biological children does Veronique have?
5. What does Pelajia threaten Emily with when the woman dares her to fight?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)