|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does Marie-Adele ask Veronique's daughter to list?
(a) The ducks.
(b) The presidents.
(c) The pigs.
(d) Her children's.
2. What is the prize for the biggest bingo in the world?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty-five hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred thousand dollars.
3. What does Veronique say about Emily Dictionary's name during their argument?
(a) That it is beautiful.
(b) That it is strange.
(c) That it is old-fashioned.
(d) That it is stupid.
4. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
(a) So she can go to the bathroom in peace.
(b) Because she wants everyone to get along.
(c) Because the arguing is giving her a migraine.
(d) So she can get her own thoughts in.
5. What is Pelajia doing at the beginning of the play?
(a) Dyeing her sister's hair.
(b) Cooking dinner for her family.
(c) Putting shingles on her roof.
(d) Sitting on the porch with her sisters.
6. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is angry.
7. What is Marie-Adele throwing at a seagull?
8. What does Annie remind Emily that she will lose if she goes to the big bingo game in Toronto?
(a) Her self-respect.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her job.
(d) Big Joey.
9. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
(a) A charity center.
(b) A knitting club.
(c) A food coop.
(d) A biker gang.
10. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To see the new movie.
(b) To pick up a parcel.
(c) To buy some food.
(d) To get a new record.
11. Who is Annie?
(a) Paula's aunt.
(b) Pelajia's mother.
(c) Philomena's sworn enemy.
(d) Pelajia's half-sister.
12. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Sunny Johnson.
(b) Fire Minklater.
(c) Moon Goodfellow.
(d) Brook Brownbear.
13. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) The library.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) To bed.
14. Why does Philomena tell Emily that she should respect Veronique?
(a) Because she has money.
(b) Because she is dying.
(c) Because she's her mother.
(d) Because she's an elder.
15. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
(a) Her pocket knife.
(b) Her fist.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) Her hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelajia suggest the women go to to get money for their trip?
2. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
3. What does Pelajia say there will be more of as a result of better roads on the reserve?
4. What superhero does Pelajia refer to in the beginning of the play?
5. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)