|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhaboonigan tell Nanabush when she first sees him?
(a) That she doesn't believe in him.
(b) The she can't fly.
(c) That she recognizes him.
(d) That she thought he was lost.
2. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
(a) Because she is different.
(b) Because she is ugly.
(c) Because she is funny.
(d) Because she wears silly clothing.
3. Who gives Emily the injury that she has?
(a) Big Joey.
(c) Her father.
4. Where does Veronique see Gazelle Nataways half-dressed?
(a) At Big Joey's shack.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) In her front yard.
(d) At the last bingo game.
5. Which of the following best describes Veronique's daughter?
(a) Angry and reclusive.
(b) Uniquely beautiful.
(c) Developmentally slow.
(d) Talented painter.
6. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 2, where does Annie run out of with the mail?
(a) The store.
(b) The garage.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The back room.
7. What do the women do simultaneously when they learn of the biggest bingo game in the world?
8. Who does Emily say she would beat up if she won the big prize in bingo?
9. Who is Annie?
(a) Pelajia's half-sister.
(b) Philomena's sworn enemy.
(c) Pelajia's mother.
(d) Paula's aunt.
10. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is amused.
11. For what purpose does Marie-Adele accuse Veronique of adopting Zhaboonigan?
(a) To keep her husband interested.
(b) To get her disability check.
(c) To show her off.
(d) To get her to do household chores.
12. What does Veronique do when the other women gang up on her?
(a) Swings at them.
(c) Calls them a name.
(d) Goes home.
13. What women's group was Emily involved with in San Francisco?
(a) A knitting club.
(b) A biker gang.
(c) A food coop.
(d) A charity center.
14. What game does Pelajia want to win the grand prize in?
15. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelajia threaten Emily with when the woman dares her to fight?
2. What is Pelajia doing at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
4. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
5. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)