|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important event does Marie-Adele have planned in Toronto around the time of the big bingo game?
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A wedding.
2. Where does Veronique tell Marie-Adele she has seen Emily Dictionary going?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To Big Joey's.
(d) To Toronto.
3. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Old, stained clothing.
(b) Loose leisure outfit.
(c) Office apparel.
(d) Tight sexy clothes.
4. Who is actually in disguise as the seagull Marie-Adele is throwing things at?
5. Where does Annie want to move if she wins at bingo?
(a) New York City.
6. Why do people laugh at Veronique's daughter?
(a) Because she is funny.
(b) Because she is ugly.
(c) Because she wears silly clothing.
(d) Because she is different.
7. What does Philomena say about Bingo Betty?
(a) She won the most money in bingo history.
(b) Her spirit haunts the bingo hall.
(c) She died while playing bingo.
(d) Her bingo obsession drove her crazy.
8. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
9. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
(a) New York City.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) San Francisco.
10. How do Pelajia and Philomena describe Annie's daughter?
(a) She "makes her mother more proud than most daughters."
(b) She is "always outside of the law."
(c) She "lives with this white guy in Sudbury."
(d) She is "a little slower than most girls."
11. What superhero does Pelajia refer to in the beginning of the play?
(d) The Flash.
12. What is the name of the loose woman who hangs around the strip club?
(a) Paula Moosetail.
(b) Emily Dictionary.
(c) Marie-Adele Starblanket.
(d) Gazelle Nataways.
13. Where are Annie and Marie-Adele going in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the grocery store.
(c) To the record store.
(d) To the movies.
14. What does Veronique do when the other women gang up on her?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Calls them a name.
(d) Swings at them.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
2. Who is Annie's favorite bar band?
3. Why does Philomena yell at everyone to be quiet during the argument in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. What does Pelajia say there will be more of as a result of better roads on the reserve?
5. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)