|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Veronique indicate that Marie-Adele is going where she can't take care of her kids?
(a) Niagara Falls.
(b) The library.
(c) The hospital.
(d) To bed.
2. Why does Marie-Adele tell the seagull she can't go with him?
(a) She has work to do.
(b) She doesn't want to.
(c) She can't fly.
(d) Her daughter is sick.
3. Where does Emily say she will take Zhaboonigan if she wins the big prize in bingo?
(b) New York City.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Pelajia say she'll do with her hammer if her plan to get money doesn't work?
(a) She'll sell it for a bus ticket.
(b) She'll throw it away.
(c) She'll hit the Chief with it.
(d) She start repairing more roofs.
6. What does Pelajia say there will be more of as a result of better roads on the reserve?
(a) Stop signs.
7. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Big Joey's shack.
(b) Marie-Adele's yard.
(c) Veronique's kitchen.
(d) Pelajia's house.
8. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, Part 2, where does Annie run out of with the mail?
(a) The garage.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The back room.
(d) The store.
9. Who rushes to help Marie-Adele when she drops to her knees in Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1?
10. What does Gazelle Nataways tell Veronique about bingo?
(a) There will be no more games on the reserve.
(b) She has quit playing because she won a big prize.
(c) The biggest game is coming to Toronto.
(d) That she will never be any good at bingo.
11. What is the name of Veronique's daughter?
12. Which appliance does Veronique complain doesn't work at her house?
(a) Her stove.
(b) Her freezer.
(c) Her microwave.
(d) Her refrigerator.
13. What is the name of the strip club on the reservation?
(a) Big Joey's.
(b) Big Sam's.
(c) Little Max's.
(d) Horny Hal's.
14. What is the name of the woman that Veronique tells Marie-Adele a story about?
(a) Brook Brownbear.
(b) Sunny Johnson.
(c) Fire Minklater.
(d) Moon Goodfellow.
15. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
2. For what purpose does Marie-Adele accuse Veronique of adopting Zhaboonigan?
3. What do the women learn is the date for the biggest bingo game in the world?
4. What does Emily teasingly call Zhaboonigan?
5. What does Pelajia bang on the table to get everyone's attention?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)