|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Veronique get her broken appliance fixed?
(a) She lost her job and can't afford it.
(b) She is too lazy to look into it.
(c) Her husband drinks away all the money.
(d) There are no suitable repairmen in town.
2. Why does Marie-Adele drop to her knees before she can punch Veronique?
(a) The other woman is very short.
(b) She drops her contact.
(c) She needs to pray.
(d) She has a pain attack.
3. What is the phrase Philomena uses to describe herself being hurt?
(a) "There is something crawling on my skin."
(b) "There's something rattling around inside me."
(c) "My leg is bleeding very badly."
(d) "It feels like I'm laying on pins and needles."
4. Why are Annie and Marie-Adele making their trip in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To buy some food.
(b) To pick up a parcel.
(c) To get a new record.
(d) To see the new movie.
5. What best describes what Philomena is wearing in the beginning of the play?
(a) Loose leisure outfit.
(b) Tight sexy clothes.
(c) Office apparel.
(d) Old, stained clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many punches does it take for Emily to knock Big Joey out?
2. What does Zhaboonigan's name mean?
3. What emotional state is Veronique in when she comes to see Marie-Adele?
4. Why does Veronique's daughter become angry with herself?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the sisters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)