Act 1, Scene 1
• The play opens as Pelajia works on her roof on the Wasaychigan Hill Indian Reserve.
• Pelajia's sister, Philomena, helps her as the two women talk about life on the reserve and their families and desires.
• The two women discuss the desire to win the big prize at bingo and what they would do with the money.
• Their half-sister, Annie, hurries down the road toward them to report that Gazelle Nataways has won the big bingo prize and will use her money to go to Toronto with Big Joey.
• Annie is on her way to the post office, taking her sister, Marie-Adele, to pick up a parcel from her daughter who lives in Sudbury.
• Annie expresses that if she won the big prize in bingo, she would go live with her daughter.
• During their ensuing discussion about bingo, the women make a half-serious plan to demand the...
This section contains 2,018 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)