|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At an alcohol-fueled lunch, what does Maureen Grube tell Frank?
2. What do Frank and Maureen do after lunch?
3. How does Frank finds April?
4. How do the Wheelers drive home?
5. As they sip their tea, what does Helen Givings do?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Frank look forward? Why?
2. What does Shep Campbell do as he polishes his shoes?
3. With what does Frank struggle?
4. What does Maureen tell Frank at lunch?
5. How do the audience members and actors feel at intermission?
6. Why does Mrs. Givings show up? How does Frank react to this?
7. How does Frank react when he and April begin to make love?
8. What does Frank tell Maureen about himself?
9. Describe Helen Givings.
10. How does Shep meet Milly? What happens to their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John speaks the truth.
Part 1) How does John's insanity affect his behavior? How does his behavior affect the others? Why?
Part 2) Do his actions and words reveal him to be insane? Why or why not?
Part 3) What would the world be like if more people spoke the truth, like John?
Essay Topic 2
The issue of sanity is raised.
Part 1) How is this issue raised?
Part 2) Who would you consider to be insane? Why?
Part 3) What is the purpose of blurring the line between sanity and insanity?
Essay Topic 3
The play begins with a community theater production of a play.
Part 1) What is the purpose of this play, regarding this story?
Part 2) What is learned about the various characters? Why is this important?
Part 3) How does the audience's reaction to the play mimic the feelings of the actors?
Part 4) What does this section of the book reveal about the Wheelers' relationship?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)