|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out what does Shep get Frank Wheeler in New York?
(b) A staff meeting.
(c) A concert.
(d) A conference.
2. As he gets off the bus in her New York neighborhood on a Friday afternoon, by whom is Frank approached?
(a) Norma Townsend.
(b) Milly Campbell.
(c) His wife.
(d) Maureen Grube.
3. Why does Milly Campbell call her husband Shep at work?
(a) To see if he had heard anything.
(b) To tell him about April.
(c) To tell him to find Frank.
(d) To see if he can help.
4. What is the Givings' son doing as Helen and Howard Givings come inside from the rain?
(a) He is banging on the door.
(b) He is singing in the rain.
(c) He is trying to light a cigarette.
(d) He is standing in the rain.
5. What does Frank ask April regarding John's comments?
(a) If she can see why John's rantings about them and their marriage are so wrong.
(b) If John is truly insane.
(c) Where he got such strange ideas about them.
(d) If John should ever make such comments again, what Frank will do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this woman tell Frank about Maureen?
2. How does John speak to Frank?
3. Why do the Campbells and the Wheelers head out for an evening of dancing and drinking at Vito's Log Cabin?
4. Why does Frank chuckle as he storms out of the bistro?
5. About what does this woman grill Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April do with the letter she had written John?
2. How does April act as John leaves for work?
3. What happens when Frank takes Milly home?
4. How do the characters know something happened to April?
5. How does Jennifer feel about moving to Europe?
6. What does Milly recount about the final resolution of the Wheeler family?
7. How does Shep try to help the Wheelers?
8. How does Frank act, once the Givings leave?
9. What reactions do the Wheelers receive when they announce they have decided not to move to France?
10. What does Frank realize about the hotel where Bart Pollock takes him to lunch?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)