|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock realize about Earl Wheeler?
(a) He has worked his entire career in field offices in Pennsylvania while nurturing hopes of a transfer to the home office in New York.
(b) He should have been promoted and brought to New York.
(c) He is the reason why the Knox Machine Company has Frank as an employee.
(d) He was more talented than his son.
2. Are Mr. and Mrs. Givings able to quiet their son?
(a) For a moment.
(b) For several minutes.
3. Why do the Campbells and the Wheelers head out for an evening of dancing and drinking at Vito's Log Cabin?
(a) They are bored with each other's company.
(b) Shep wants to spend some time with April.
(c) They have not gone out in a long time.
(d) Frank wants to go dancing.
4. What do April and Frank have for the first time in weeks?
(a) A disagreement.
(b) Contrasting opinions.
(d) A fight.
5. With what is the conversation between Frank and Pollock juxtaposed?
(a) Frank's thoughts about his career in Europe.
(b) Frank's memories of his father.
(c) Frank's thoughts about Pollock.
(d) His account that he later gives to April and her reactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
2. What does April takes out?
3. About whom is April's flashback?
4. Who is Bart Pollock?
5. Having completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock, what does Frank Wheeler confidently decide it is time for him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John act on his way in the car to the Wheelers'?
2. How does Shep try to help the Wheelers?
3. What does Norma tell Frank?
4. For what does Pollock praise Frank?
5. What does Frank realize about the hotel where Bart Pollock takes him to lunch?
6. What does Milly recount about the final resolution of the Wheeler family?
7. What do the Wheelers figure about? How does Frank respond to this information?
8. How does Jennifer feel about moving to Europe?
9. What reactions do the Wheelers receive when they announce they have decided not to move to France?
10. How did Milly feel about selling the house to the Brace family?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)