|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What haunts Helen Givings?
(a) The sound of the siren.
(b) The blood in the Wheelers' home.
(c) The last words she said to April.
(d) That her son had some connection with April's demise.
2. Where has April Wheeler been admitted?
(a) To a nursing home.
(b) To the emergency room.
(c) To a local clinic.
(d) To a mental institution.
3. About whom is April's flashback?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. Why do the Wheelers have long discussions in exotic restaurants and on long drives through the woods and in New York?
(a) To enjoy their last few moments in this country.
(b) To adjust to being away from their friends.
(c) To make sure they want to leave this country.
(d) As they try to regain the upper hand on what has become a hot emotional issue and to behave like the chic, sophisticated adults they believe themselves to be.
5. What does Mrs. Givings buy for companionship and to help heal the emotional scars of the Wheelers' tragedy?
(a) A cat.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bart Pollock?
2. What is the Givings' son doing as Helen and Howard Givings come inside from the rain?
3. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
4. Why do the Campbells and the Wheelers head out for an evening of dancing and drinking at Vito's Log Cabin?
5. What does April do with what she has retrieved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters know something happened to April?
2. What reactions do the Wheelers receive when they announce they have decided not to move to France?
3. What do the Wheelers figure about? How does Frank respond to this information?
4. How does Jennifer feel about moving to Europe?
5. For what does Pollock praise Frank?
6. How does Frank act, once the Givings leave?
7. What does April repeatedly ask Frank? What does she wonder about Frank?
8. How did Milly feel about selling the house to the Brace family?
9. What are Frank's concerns?
10. How does April act as John leaves for work?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)