|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock do when he learns of Frank's plans to leave the company?
(a) He begs him to stay.
(b) He forbids him to leave and break his contract.
(c) He becomes angry and fires him.
(d) He seeks to lure him into a high-paying position.
2. Who is Bart Pollock?
(a) Jackson Pollack's brother.
(b) CEO of Knox Machine Company.
(c) Frank's friend.
(d) General sales manager for the electronics division of Knox Business Machines.
3. Why does Frank says what John says is wrong?
(a) John is a stranger.
(b) John is insane.
(c) John is confused.
(d) John is cruel.
4. Why do the Wheelers have long discussions in exotic restaurants and on long drives through the woods and in New York?
(a) To adjust to being away from their friends.
(b) To make sure they want to leave this country.
(c) To enjoy their last few moments in this country.
(d) As they try to regain the upper hand on what has become a hot emotional issue and to behave like the chic, sophisticated adults they believe themselves to be.
5. April laughs at Frank and asks what?
(a) Whether Frank is as crazy as John.
(b) Whether Frank still loves her.
(c) Whether he thinks she is crazy because she doesn't love him.
(d) Whether John should still be in an institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does April assure Jennifer?
2. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
3. About whom is April's flashback?
4. How do Frank's coworkers feel about the change in their decision?
5. What does April tell Shep she missed out on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters know something happened to April?
2. What does Frank realize about the hotel where Bart Pollock takes him to lunch?
3. How does Frank react when April does not seem to think that what John said was insane?
4. How does Jennifer feel about moving to Europe?
5. What do the Wheelers figure about? How does Frank respond to this information?
6. What does Norma tell Frank?
7. How does Frank react when he awakens on a bright August morning to realize that this is the last day, according to April's calendar, when she could successfully perform an auto-abortion?
8. How does Frank act, once the Givings leave?
9. What reactions do the Wheelers receive when they announce they have decided not to move to France?
10. What do the Campbells and Wheelers do when they are bored with each other's company?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)