|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note say that April writes to Frank?
(a) "Dear Frank, Whatever happens please don't blame yourself."
(b) "Dear, Frank, I do not love you anymore."
(c) "Dear, Frank. Take care of our children for me. I'm sorry I cannot be there."
(d) "Dear, Frank. It is all your fault."
2. About what does this woman grill Frank?
(a) His involvement with Maureen.
(b) His love for his wife.
(c) His feelings for her.
(d) His feelings for Milly.
3. Why do the Campbells and the Wheelers head out for an evening of dancing and drinking at Vito's Log Cabin?
(a) Frank wants to go dancing.
(b) They have not gone out in a long time.
(c) They are bored with each other's company.
(d) Shep wants to spend some time with April.
4. Why do Howard and Helen Givings drive to Greenacres?
(a) To visit Helen's parents.
(b) To bring their son, John, home for another Sunday visit with the Wheelers.
(c) To spend a day in the country.
(d) To purchase a farm.
5. Frank goes to lengths to project what?
(a) The love he feels for April.
(b) A strong masculinity of the sort that first drew April to him.
(c) His feelings of compromise.
(d) A sense of understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel when he awakens the next morning?
2. What does Pollock do when he learns of Frank's plans to leave the company?
3. Why does Jennifer, the older child, become sullen?
4. What is the Givings' son doing as Helen and Howard Givings come inside from the rain?
5. What does Pollock realize about Earl Wheeler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank decide once he has completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock?
2. What does Norma tell Frank?
3. How does Frank react when April does not seem to think that what John said was insane?
4. For what does Pollock praise Frank?
5. What does April repeatedly ask Frank? What does she wonder about Frank?
6. How do the characters know something happened to April?
7. How did Milly feel about selling the house to the Brace family?
8. What happens when Frank takes Milly home?
9. How does John act on his way in the car to the Wheelers'?
10. What do the Campbells and Wheelers do when they are bored with each other's company?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)