|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Frank Wheeler struggle?
(a) His feelings about his wife.
(b) The question of who to tell, and when, of his planned departure from the Knox Business Machines Co.
(c) Whether or not he wants to leave his job and larger salary.
(d) His agreement to move his family to Paris.
2. How does Frank feel about April as he makes his way backstage after the curtain comes down?
(a) Shy and nervous.
(c) He desires her.
(d) Annoyed by her.
3. On a quiet Sunday morning after their big fight, what does Frank Wheeler do?
(a) He files for a divorce.
(b) Goes for a drive.
(c) He moves out.
(d) He approaches April and tries to apologize once more.
4. What does Frank think of April's plan?
(a) Sweet but unrealistic.
(b) A great idea.
(d) A horrible idea.
5. How does Shep polish his shoes?
(b) With a dirty rag.
(d) Very sloppily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank also seem better able to do at the office?
2. As he approaches his house, what does Frank notice?
3. How does April counter what Frank says about her idea?
4. Where does John Givings currently live?
5. What does Frank say suburbanites leave in a fog of denial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank and April's relationship begin?
2. What does April think about her plan to move to Europe?
3. What does Shep Campbell do as he polishes his shoes?
4. How does Frank's mood affect his productivity?
5. What do the Wheelers do as they nurture and cherish their plan to move to Europe?
6. How does the play proceed?
7. How does Frank's father feel when they return from the city?
8. Describe Frank's first visit to this building.
9. What does Helen do, while she and her husband sip their tea?
10. What does Maureen tell Frank at lunch?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)