|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank say has become a kind of national religion?
2. What kind of husband does April not want?
(a) One who is not willing to do as she asks.
(b) One who works himself into an early grave at a job he hates for a house and life in suburbia that means nothing to them.
(c) One who cannot think for himself.
(d) One who is poor.
3. What does April say to Frank as he arrives home?
(a) She missed him all day, is sorry for their fight, and loves him.
(b) She is sorry she forgot his birthday.
(c) She has been worried sick about him.
(d) She does not want him in her home.
4. What does Frank do with the pile of papers on his desk?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He goes through them, trying to throw them out, rather than reading them and taking action.
(c) He reads them and decides what should be done with them.
(d) He throws them all in the trash.
5. What does Ordway ask Wheeler about moving to Europe?
(a) Will he have a better job in Europe.
(b) Why he needs to move there to "discover" himself.
(c) Is life better in Europe.
(d) Will he save money by moving there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When April tells Frank to leave her alone, what does he do?
2. At an alcohol-fueled lunch, what does Maureen Grube tell Frank?
3. For what do Frank and April thank each other?
4. Once the floor is as empty as it will get, Frank steps into Ms. Grube's office and does what?
5. As he approaches his house, what does Frank notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Frank look forward? Why?
2. How does Frank's mood affect his productivity?
3. How does April feel after the play? How does this affect her relationship with her husband?
4. What does Helen do, while she and her husband sip their tea?
5. Why does Mrs. Givings show up? How does Frank react to this?
6. What does Frank feel about Maureen's story?
7. What is significant about this trip to New York City?
8. What does Shep Campbell do as he polishes his shoes?
9. How does the play proceed?
10. What happens when Frank tries to apologize to his wife?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)