|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he approaches his house, what does Frank notice?
(a) There is a police car in the driveway.
(b) All the lights are on.
(c) No one is home.
(d) The curtains are drawn in the picture window.
2. What does Frank say has become a kind of national religion?
3. How does Frank finds April?
(b) A little upset.
(d) Disgruntled and quarrelsome.
4. What has Helen's son's psychiatrist approved?
(a) Him to visit his parents' home.
(b) Him to move in with his parents.
(c) Him to socialize outside the Givings' home.
(d) Him to go on a short vacation.
5. How does the reader learn a lot of back story on the current situation between Frank and April?
(a) Frank's flashback.
(b) April's flashback.
(c) Frank's argument with April.
(d) A letter from April.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a rage, what does April do?
2. What does Frank fantasize about Maureen Grube?
3. From where is the director who is hired to work with the amateur actors?
4. What does Frank use to create a walkway in the front of the house?
5. How does Frank begin a subtle campaign to rid April of the notion he had put in her head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maureen tell Frank at lunch?
2. To what does Frank look forward? Why?
3. How does April react when Frank tries to apologize? How does this affect him?
4. How did April want to handle the situation she and Frank had been in early in their relationship?
5. How do the audience members and actors feel at intermission?
6. What does Frank feel about Maureen's story?
7. Describe Frank's first visit to this building.
8. How does the play proceed?
9. How does April feel after the play? How does this affect her relationship with her husband?
10. What does April think about her plan to move to Europe?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)