|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they sip their tea, what does Helen Givings do?
(a) She discusses her day with her husband.
(b) She rehearses in her mind how she hopes the visit with the Wheelers will go.
(c) She worries about her son.
(d) She reprimands her husband for not helping her deal with their son.
2. What does the audience also do during intermission?
(a) Wipe perspiration from their hands onto their clothing.
(b) Go backstage to congratulate the actors.
(c) Donate money to the community theater.
(d) Buy food.
3. What does Frank also seem better able to do at the office?
(b) Socialize with his co-workers.
(c) Quickly dispatch accumulated paperwork as well as new communications.
(d) Compromise with his boss.
4. What do Frank and April begin doing to each other?
(c) Snipping and bickering.
5. What does Frank note about the affectations he sees on Maureen's part?
(a) She probably picked them up from her sister.
(b) She probably picked them up from girls in the office.
(c) She probably picked them up from Norma, her older roommate.
(d) She probably picked them up from watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about Ordway's question?
2. What does Frank threaten to do?
3. Of what does Frank Wheeler catch a glimpse as April acts out her part onstage?
4. What does Frank say has become a kind of national religion?
5. How does April counter what Frank says about her idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the audience members and actors feel at intermission?
2. How does Frank react to April's mood?
3. Why does Mrs. Givings show up? How does Frank react to this?
4. How does Frank's father feel when they return from the city?
5. How does the reader learn the back story between Frank and April?
6. How did Frank and April's relationship begin?
7. How does April feel after the play? How does this affect her relationship with her husband?
8. How does Frank feel about seeing his wife on stage?
9. What happens when Frank tries to apologize to his wife?
10. How does the play proceed?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)