|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Shep snarl and curse under his breath?
(a) How Frank had not allowed an abortion earlier.
(b) How Frank had been turned into pleasant, empty shell of a man since April's death.
(c) How Frank had become an angry, bitter man.
(d) How Frank had allowed April to kill herself.
2. How does Frank counter April's comments and questions?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to move.
(b) He feels they should wait until after the baby is born.
(c) He wonders if he would want to look back and say that he was able to find himself in Europe because April had committed a "criminal mutilation" of herself.
(d) He wants to move immediately.
3. April lights another cigarette and retrieves what?
(a) A note from Shep.
(b) The crumpled copy of a letter she tried to write to Frank.
(c) Her passport.
(d) A letter from Frank.
4. Where has April Wheeler been admitted?
(a) To a nursing home.
(b) To a local clinic.
(c) To a mental institution.
(d) To the emergency room.
5. Why do the Wheelers consult the calendar?
(a) To figure the best time to visit Paris.
(b) To figure when Frank will have some vacation time.
(c) To figure out the date of conception.
(d) To figure out when they can move.
6. With what is the conversation between Frank and Pollock juxtaposed?
(a) Frank's memories of his father.
(b) Frank's thoughts about his career in Europe.
(c) His account that he later gives to April and her reactions.
(d) Frank's thoughts about Pollock.
7. What reactions do the Wheelers get as they announce they have decided not to move to France?
(a) No reaction.
(b) Varying reactions.
(c) The same reaction.
(d) Shock and surprise.
8. How does John speak to Frank?
(b) With great compassion.
(c) A prosecutorial tone.
(d) In a very shy manner.
9. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
(a) She is worried she will not be able to understand anyone.
(b) She is nervous about making new friends.
(c) She is very excited about moving to Europe.
(d) She becomes emotional at the thought of packing up and moving.
10. Having completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock, what does Frank Wheeler confidently decide it is time for him to do?
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Leave his wife.
(d) Break off his affair with Maureen Grube.
11. What does April do when Frank approaches and touches her?
(a) She screams
(b) She freezes.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
12. What does April takes out?
(a) Her abortion kit.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bottle of pills.
13. About what does this woman grill Frank?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) His feelings for Milly.
(c) His love for his wife.
(d) His involvement with Maureen.
14. The loud gyrations of the drummer remind Frank of whom?
(a) His wife.
(c) An African dancer.
(d) The erotic moves of Maureen Grube.
15. What does John Givings do as he enters the house?
(a) He sits in the corner.
(b) He strolls about the house, inspecting everything and offering words of approval.
(c) He introduces himself.
(d) He talks to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what statement do Frank and April still fight?
2. Does John accept Frank's explanation for why they decided not to move?
3. What does Pollock do when he learns of Frank's plans to leave the company?
4. What does this woman tell Frank about Maureen?
5. What does Millie recall about her feelings at the closing of the sale of the house of Revolutionary Road?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)