|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Givings offer to find for the Wheelers?
(a) A condo in the city.
(b) A bigger house for their soon-to-be-enlarged family.
(c) A home in Paris.
(d) A vacation home.
2. What of Frank's does Pollock praise?
(a) His looks.
(b) His talent.
(c) His sales brochure.
(d) His dedication.
3. Why do the Wheelers have long discussions in exotic restaurants and on long drives through the woods and in New York?
(a) To adjust to being away from their friends.
(b) To enjoy their last few moments in this country.
(c) As they try to regain the upper hand on what has become a hot emotional issue and to behave like the chic, sophisticated adults they believe themselves to be.
(d) To make sure they want to leave this country.
4. About whom is April's flashback?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
5. What does Frank ask April regarding John's comments?
(a) If she can see why John's rantings about them and their marriage are so wrong.
(b) Where he got such strange ideas about them.
(c) If John is truly insane.
(d) If John should ever make such comments again, what Frank will do.
6. Over what statement do Frank and April still fight?
(a) April's statement that Frank is a more moral person than her because he seems better able to accept her pregnancy.
(b) Frank's statement that April is a more moral person than him because she seems better able to accept her pregnancy.
(c) Frank's statement that he is a more moral person than her because he seems better able to accept her pregnancy.
(d) April's statement that she is a more moral person than him because she seems better able to accept her pregnancy.
7. What does April takes out?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her abortion kit.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bottle of pills.
8. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
(a) She is very excited about moving to Europe.
(b) She is nervous about making new friends.
(c) She becomes emotional at the thought of packing up and moving.
(d) She is worried she will not be able to understand anyone.
9. About what does Shep snarl and curse under his breath?
(a) How Frank had been turned into pleasant, empty shell of a man since April's death.
(b) How Frank had not allowed an abortion earlier.
(c) How Frank had become an angry, bitter man.
(d) How Frank had allowed April to kill herself.
10. Why does Frank says what John says is wrong?
(a) John is a stranger.
(b) John is insane.
(c) John is confused.
(d) John is cruel.
11. About what does this woman grill Frank?
(a) His involvement with Maureen.
(b) His feelings for her.
(c) His feelings for Milly.
(d) His love for his wife.
12. Where does Shep plan to meet Frank?
(a) At the Stamford train station.
(b) At Pennsylvania Station.
(c) At Grand Central Station.
(d) At the New Haven train station.
13. How does John speak to Frank?
(a) In a very shy manner.
(c) A prosecutorial tone.
(d) With great compassion.
14. What does Mrs. Givings buy for companionship and to help heal the emotional scars of the Wheelers' tragedy?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A bird.
15. What haunts Helen Givings?
(a) The blood in the Wheelers' home.
(b) The sound of the siren.
(c) That her son had some connection with April's demise.
(d) The last words she said to April.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollock do when he learns of Frank's plans to leave the company?
2. On the drive from the mental hospital, how does John act toward his mother?
3. Are Mr. and Mrs. Givings able to quiet their son?
4. What does April tell Shep she missed out on?
5. What does Pollock realize about Earl Wheeler?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)