|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollock realize about Earl Wheeler?
(a) He has worked his entire career in field offices in Pennsylvania while nurturing hopes of a transfer to the home office in New York.
(b) He should have been promoted and brought to New York.
(c) He is the reason why the Knox Machine Company has Frank as an employee.
(d) He was more talented than his son.
2. How does the Wheelers' daughter, Jennifer, react to their move to Europe?
(a) She becomes emotional at the thought of packing up and moving.
(b) She is very excited about moving to Europe.
(c) She is worried she will not be able to understand anyone.
(d) She is nervous about making new friends.
3. What does April takes out?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle of pills.
(c) A knife.
(d) Her abortion kit.
4. What reactions do the Wheelers get as they announce they have decided not to move to France?
(a) Varying reactions.
(b) Shock and surprise.
(c) The same reaction.
(d) No reaction.
5. Why does Frank says what John says is wrong?
(a) John is confused.
(b) John is cruel.
(c) John is a stranger.
(d) John is insane.
6. How does John speak to Frank?
(a) With great compassion.
(c) In a very shy manner.
(d) A prosecutorial tone.
7. How do Frank's coworkers feel about the change in their decision?
8. What do April and Frank have for the first time in weeks?
(b) A disagreement.
(c) A fight.
(d) Contrasting opinions.
9. Where has April Wheeler been admitted?
(a) To a local clinic.
(b) To the emergency room.
(c) To a mental institution.
(d) To a nursing home.
10. Having completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock, what does Frank Wheeler confidently decide it is time for him to do?
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Leave his wife.
(d) Break off his affair with Maureen Grube.
11. Where does Shep plan to meet Frank?
(a) At the Stamford train station.
(b) At Pennsylvania Station.
(c) At Grand Central Station.
(d) At the New Haven train station.
12. What does Pollock do when he learns of Frank's plans to leave the company?
(a) He forbids him to leave and break his contract.
(b) He seeks to lure him into a high-paying position.
(c) He becomes angry and fires him.
(d) He begs him to stay.
13. Are Mr. and Mrs. Givings able to quiet their son?
(a) For several minutes.
(b) For a moment.
14. April lights another cigarette and retrieves what?
(a) Her passport.
(b) A letter from Frank.
(c) A note from Shep.
(d) The crumpled copy of a letter she tried to write to Frank.
15. About what does Frank tell Pollock?
(a) Pollock is not very good at his job.
(b) How unhappy he is.
(c) How horrible it is working for Knox Machine Company.
(d) The time he visited New York with his father, who expected a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask April regarding John's comments?
2. With spring approaching, what does Shep recall?
3. What does Frank Wheeler tell his wife concerns him?
4. What haunts Helen Givings?
5. Who is Bart Pollock?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)