|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do after pulling the car over?
(a) He yells at April.
(b) He slides across the seat to try and take his wife in his arms.
(c) He gets out and begins to walk away.
(d) He does nothing.
2. What do Frank and April begin doing to each other?
(b) Snipping and bickering.
3. Describe Helen's home.
(a) It is drab and boring.
(b) It is clean and crisp.
(c) It is fairly neat and tidy.
(d) It is dirty and messy.
4. In a rage, what does April do?
(a) She jumps out of the car and starts walking down the dark highway.
(b) She starts throwing objects out the window of the car.
(c) She hits Frank.
(d) She begins to scream at Frank.
5. For what do Frank and April thank each other?
(a) The decision to move to Paris.
(b) The love they feel for each other.
(c) They are not like their neighbors.
(d) The respect they now feel.
6. What does the audience do during intermission?
(a) They discuss how wonderful the performance is.
(b) They complain about the amateur actors.
(c) They wander awkwardly around the high school building.
(d) They leave the poor performance.
7. When did Frank and April's love affair in a seedy shack near Greenwich Village turn serious?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) They got married.
(c) She became sick.
(d) He lost his job.
8. Where does John Givings currently live?
(a) The North Fork.
(b) At Greenacres, the state mental hospital.
(c) In Pendleton Penitentiary.
(d) With his parents.
9. What do Frank and Maureen do after lunch?
(a) They go to Central Park.
(b) They stroll briefly.
(c) They head back to work.
(d) They have sex.
10. With what is April energized?
(a) Planning gatherings for her friends.
(b) Taking care of her children.
(c) Tasks such as getting passports and looking into overseas employment.
(d) Her work as a housewife.
11. What does Helen recall about April?
(a) How nervous she seemed about inviting John for a visit.
(b) How open and inviting she had been regarding Helen's son's visit.
(c) How eager she seemed to discuss John's mental illness.
(d) How difficult it was talking to her about her son.
12. Of what does Frank Wheeler catch a glimpse as April acts out her part onstage?
(a) The girl he fell in love with.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A great actress.
(d) The shy girl he had once known.
13. Why does Earl come home crestfallen?
(a) He will have to move to New York.
(b) He had been fired.
(c) His boss is disappointed with his work.
(d) The big promotion that he expected in New York has been shot down by a higher authority and he will remain on various field assignments until his retirement.
14. Why does Frank call Maureen's supervisor at the office?
(a) To tell him she has quit.
(b) To tell him he was "borrowing" Maureen for the afternoon.
(c) To tell him she will be returning shortly.
(d) To tell him she will now be working for Frank.
15. As they sip their tea, what does Helen Givings do?
(a) She worries about her son.
(b) She rehearses in her mind how she hopes the visit with the Wheelers will go.
(c) She discusses her day with her husband.
(d) She reprimands her husband for not helping her deal with their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Shep want nothing to do?
2. What does Shep's mother do with the family fortune?
3. What does Frank use to create a walkway in the front of the house?
4. What dooms the performance?
5. What does Frank say has become a kind of national religion?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)