|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank try to change the subject?
(a) He launches into a passionate speech about health care reform and problems with the social security system.
(b) He launches into a passionate speech about the shallowness of people who come to the suburbs.
(c) He launches into a passionate discussion about his childhood.
(d) He launches into a passionate speech about how much his wife annoys him.
2. What does Frank Wheeler tell his wife concerns him?
(a) He will not find work in Paris.
(b) The move will be too difficult for him.
(c) The children will resent them for moving them from the United States.
(d) The move might be too much for the children.
3. Who are the Laurel Players?
(a) A nature preserve.
(b) A quilting society.
(c) A community theater in Connecticut.
(d) A poker club.
4. How does Frank counter April's comments and questions?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to move.
(b) He feels they should wait until after the baby is born.
(c) He wants to move immediately.
(d) He wonders if he would want to look back and say that he was able to find himself in Europe because April had committed a "criminal mutilation" of herself.
5. About what do the Wheelers and their guests talk?
(a) The failed play, politics, and their neighbors.
(b) The weather, the neighborhood, and dinner.
(c) The Givings' son.
(d) Going out dancing, dinner, and what is on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the conversation between Frank and Pollock juxtaposed?
2. Who is Bart Pollock?
3. With what does Shep want nothing to do?
4. How does Frank feel about Ordway's question?
5. What happens when the leading man becomes sick and unable to act?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)