|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the Wheelers and their guests talk?
(a) The weather, the neighborhood, and dinner.
(b) The Givings' son.
(c) Going out dancing, dinner, and what is on television.
(d) The failed play, politics, and their neighbors.
2. What does the audience do after intermission is over?
(a) They return and politely sit through the play's conclusion.
(b) They leave.
(c) They complain about the poor production.
(d) They quickly and enthusiastically come into watch the rest of the performance.
3. With what does Shep want nothing to do?
(a) His family.
(b) The manners or mores of the upper class.
(c) The military.
(d) His friends in New York City.
4. Why does Frank call Maureen's supervisor at the office?
(a) To tell him he was "borrowing" Maureen for the afternoon.
(b) To tell him she will now be working for Frank.
(c) To tell him she will be returning shortly.
(d) To tell him she has quit.
5. How does Frank try to change the subject?
(a) He launches into a passionate speech about health care reform and problems with the social security system.
(b) He launches into a passionate discussion about his childhood.
(c) He launches into a passionate speech about how much his wife annoys him.
(d) He launches into a passionate speech about the shallowness of people who come to the suburbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about April as he makes his way backstage after the curtain comes down?
2. How does Milly feel about the Wheelers not moving?
3. Why does Frank try to change the subject?
4. What does Frank threaten to do?
5. What do Frank and Maureen do after lunch?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)