|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April recount?
(a) How she felt when they had their first fight.
(b) How she felt when they moved to Connecticut.
(c) How she felt when they first met.
(d) How she felt when she became pregnant with their first child.
2. What does Frank see as the beginning of his father's decline in health, as well as his mother's?
(a) The dislike he feels towards the Knox Machine Company.
(b) The disappointment of not receiving the big promotion.
(c) The loss of his job.
(d) His move to New York.
3. What does Frank finally notice when he tries to apologize to his wife?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She has taken a blanket and gone to sleep on the couch downstairs.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She has left the house.
4. What do Frank and April begin doing to each other?
(b) Snipping and bickering.
5. Why did Maureen escape to New York City?
(a) To be with her husband.
(b) So she could experience "life."
(c) So she could make more money.
(d) To find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the decision to move to Paris, what seem to return to the marriage of Frank and April Wheeler?
2. What does Frank do with the pile of papers on his desk?
3. How does the reader learn a lot of back story on the current situation between Frank and April?
4. How do the Wheelers become more and more like the shallow suburbanites they loathe?
5. For what does April apologize again?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)