|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Givings stop by and give Frank?
(a) A cup of sugar.
(b) A card.
(d) Gossip about the neighbors.
2. What does the audience also do during intermission?
(a) Go backstage to congratulate the actors.
(b) Donate money to the community theater.
(c) Wipe perspiration from their hands onto their clothing.
(d) Buy food.
3. What does the audience do during intermission?
(a) They wander awkwardly around the high school building.
(b) They leave the poor performance.
(c) They discuss how wonderful the performance is.
(d) They complain about the amateur actors.
4. What happens when the leading man becomes sick and unable to act?
(a) The understudy takes his place.
(b) The director takes his place.
(c) The stage manager takes his place.
(d) A friend takes his place.
5. What does Frank do after pulling the car over?
(a) He yells at April.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He gets out and begins to walk away.
(d) He slides across the seat to try and take his wife in his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is learned about the Givings's son, John?
2. Of what does Frank Wheeler catch a glimpse as April acts out her part onstage?
3. What does the audience do after intermission is over?
4. About what do the Wheelers and their guests talk?
5. What is making a mechanical screeching sound from the backyard?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)