|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the drab, ugly architecture of the Knox Building in New York City where Frank Wheeler works in sales promotion is an emblem?
(a) The drab, dull routine of all workers.
(b) The Frank's view of his life and work.
(c) The city of New York.
(d) The drab, dull routines that workers inside go through daily.
2. April laughs at Frank and asks what?
(a) Whether he thinks she is crazy because she doesn't love him.
(b) Whether Frank is as crazy as John.
(c) Whether John should still be in an institution.
(d) Whether Frank still loves her.
3. How does April respond to Frank's protestations about moving to France?
(a) It does not matter because she will find him a job.
(b) He will find a good job very quickly.
(c) He needs to trust her that it will all turn out alright.
(d) It does not matter because she is prepared to work to support the family while he "finds himself."
4. What is learned about the Givings's son, John?
(a) He is their special needs child who lives with them.
(b) He is a wealthy doctor living on Long Island.
(c) He had been a math instructor at a university before he became insane.
(d) He is a serial killer who is now in prison for life.
5. What does Frank use to create a walkway in the front of the house?
(a) Wooden planks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Givings currently live?
2. How does Frank begin a subtle campaign to rid April of the notion he had put in her head?
3. Why does Earl come home crestfallen?
4. Over what statement do Frank and April still fight?
5. Are Mr. and Mrs. Givings able to quiet their son?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)