|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank try to change the subject?
(a) He senses that this kind of gossip could ruin the entire evening.
(b) He would rather talk about himself.
(c) He does not want to hear about John.
(d) He is uncomfortable talking about other people.
2. Of what does Frank reassure April?
(a) They will take French classes before they move.
(b) Most people in France speak English.
(c) They will both pick up the language fast once they start living there.
(d) French is an easy language to learn.
3. At lunch with his co-worker Jack Ordway, what does Frank begin to realize?
(a) He does not want to move to Paris.
(b) A lot of the business plans and meetings in which he participates concern future events that he will not be around for.
(c) He really enjoys his job.
(d) He will miss these meetings and lunch outings when he is in Paris.
4. What does Frank do after pulling the car over?
(a) He yells at April.
(b) He slides across the seat to try and take his wife in his arms.
(c) He gets out and begins to walk away.
(d) He does nothing.
5. Why do the Wheelers have long discussions in exotic restaurants and on long drives through the woods and in New York?
(a) To enjoy their last few moments in this country.
(b) As they try to regain the upper hand on what has become a hot emotional issue and to behave like the chic, sophisticated adults they believe themselves to be.
(c) To adjust to being away from their friends.
(d) To make sure they want to leave this country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank awakens on a bright August morning to realize what?
2. How does April counter what Frank says about her idea?
3. About what do the Wheelers and their guests talk?
4. What does Pollock realize about Earl Wheeler?
5. How does John speak to Frank?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)