|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Frank once boasted to April years earlier?
(a) That he could speak both French and Spanish.
(b) That he had lived in France for many years.
(c) That he could speak fluent French from his time there after the war.
(d) That he had worked in Paris.
2. As they nurture and cherish their plan to move to Europe, what do April and Frank continue to ridicule?
(a) The Givings' son, John.
(c) The middle class folkways of their suburban neighbors.
(d) Their friends.
3. With what does Frank Wheeler awaken?
(a) A deep depression.
(b) A refreshed feeling.
(c) A debilitating hangover.
(d) Love for his wife.
4. What did April want to do when the relationship became serious?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Move to the suburbs.
(c) Stay in the hospital.
(d) Get an abortion.
5. With what is April energized?
(a) Taking care of her children.
(b) Her work as a housewife.
(c) Planning gatherings for her friends.
(d) Tasks such as getting passports and looking into overseas employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Frank's does Pollock praise?
2. What does Helen recall about April?
3. What does Frank decide to do, regarding Maureen?
4. Why does Frank suddenly become angry with his son, Michael?
5. What is making a mechanical screeching sound from the backyard?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)