|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April say to Frank as he arrives home?
(a) She is sorry she forgot his birthday.
(b) She has been worried sick about him.
(c) She does not want him in her home.
(d) She missed him all day, is sorry for their fight, and loves him.
2. How does Frank tell stories about himself?
(a) In a clipped voice.
(b) In a calculated way.
(c) In a seductive voice.
(d) In an honest way.
3. About what does this woman grill Frank?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) His feelings for Milly.
(c) His love for his wife.
(d) His involvement with Maureen.
4. What does Ordway ask Wheeler about moving to Europe?
(a) Will he save money by moving there.
(b) Is life better in Europe.
(c) Will he have a better job in Europe.
(d) Why he needs to move there to "discover" himself.
5. As the alcohol flows, what happens to Maureen's affections and spirits?
(a) They stay the same.
(b) They disappear completely.
(c) They grow stronger.
(d) They seem to flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank respond to this woman's comments about Maureen?
2. Why did Maureen marry at age eighteen?
3. At lunch with his co-worker Jack Ordway, what does Frank begin to realize?
4. As he approaches his house, what does Frank notice?
5. Why did Maureen escape to New York City?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)