|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he gets off the bus in her New York neighborhood on a Friday afternoon, by whom is Frank approached?
(a) Maureen Grube.
(b) His wife.
(c) Milly Campbell.
(d) Norma Townsend.
2. As they return from lunch, what does Frank see other co-workers doing?
(a) Complaining to each other.
(b) Strolling about in the sun, taking their last few minutes of freedom, and realizes that his freedom lies just two months ahead.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
(d) Slowly walking into the building.
3. Why does Frank chuckle as he storms out of the bistro?
(a) He finds the previous scenario to be hilarious.
(b) As he watches the manly, awkward way Norma hails a cab.
(c) He thinks the woman he spoke with is insane.
(d) He is thoroughly embarrassed by what just took place.
4. As the alcohol flows, what happens to Maureen's affections and spirits?
(a) They seem to flag.
(b) They disappear completely.
(c) They grow stronger.
(d) They stay the same.
5. Why did Maureen marry at age eighteen?
(a) Her parents encouraged her to marry.
(b) She could not stand her last name.
(c) She was in love.
(d) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank respond to this woman's comments about Maureen?
2. What does April say to Frank as he arrives home?
3. Having completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock, what does Frank Wheeler confidently decide it is time for him to do?
4. What does Ordway ask Wheeler about moving to Europe?
5. How does Frank feel about Ordway's question?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)