|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Frank Wheeler struggle?
(a) His agreement to move his family to Paris.
(b) The question of who to tell, and when, of his planned departure from the Knox Business Machines Co.
(c) Whether or not he wants to leave his job and larger salary.
(d) His feelings about his wife.
2. What does Frank note about the affectations he sees on Maureen's part?
(a) She probably picked them up from her sister.
(b) She probably picked them up from Norma, her older roommate.
(c) She probably picked them up from girls in the office.
(d) She probably picked them up from watching television.
3. Why did Maureen escape to New York City?
(a) So she could make more money.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To be with her husband.
(d) So she could experience "life."
4. What does this woman tell Frank about Maureen?
(a) She is a sweet young girl who has been through some hard times and needs friendship.
(b) She has no idea what she is doing and is taking advantage of Frank's vullnerability.
(c) She is in love with Frank and wants to marry him.
(d) She is a horrible person and should stay away from married men.
5. Having completed three more marketing brochures for Bart Pollock, what does Frank Wheeler confidently decide it is time for him to do?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Break off his affair with Maureen Grube.
(d) Move to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maureen marry at age eighteen?
2. Why does Frank chuckle as he storms out of the bistro?
3. At lunch with his co-worker Jack Ordway, what does Frank begin to realize?
4. How does Frank try to dismiss the afternoon?
5. As the alcohol flows, what happens to Maureen's affections and spirits?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)