|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Andi groggy when she wakes up the next morning?
2. Why does Alex stay in Paris?
3. What is Andi's father doing when she approaches him about her outline?
4. What does Andi learn about the heart her father has been testing?
5. What did Alex learn from the Duc before his execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alex?
2. What choice is Alex faced with after the queen gives her the guitar?
3. What does Andi do to harm herself after seeing Virgil with another girl?
4. What happens to Andi that parallels Alex's experience?
5. What does Andi see at Remy's that starts to erode her new found happiness?
6. What is ironic about the death of the Duc d' Orleans?
7. How does Alex become involved with the Duc d' Orleans?
8. What does Alex accuse the Duc d' Orleans of doing?
9. What happens to Andi in the catacombs that finally convinces her she wants to live?
10. What happens between Andi and her father after she hears him talking to his girlfriend on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Andi emails her thesis outline to her father she waits for him to come home. Before she can discuss her paper with him, she has a chance to overhear him on the phone discussing herself and Truman. What does Andi hear that makes her feel sympathy toward her father? How does he blame himself for her depression? Who does he blame for the failure of his marriage? Who does he blame for Truman's death? Why do you think he is unwilling to accept Andi's attempt to comfort him?
Essay Topic 2
What has happened to Andi since her arrival in Paris that has helped her to forget her troubles? Who has influenced Andi's change? What does this mean for the development of Andi's character? Do you think this will be a lasting change in Andi? Why or why not? What will need to happen for Andi to fully recover from the death of her brother and the mental decline of her mother?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Andi and why is she suffering from depression as the book opens? What do we know about Andi's life? Why is she taking antidepressants? What is life like between her mother and father? What happened to create this situation?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)