|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andi react to being unable to take a tour of the tower?
2. What is hidden in the guitar case?
3. What did Alex learn from the Duc before his execution?
4. Where does Andi go after finishing Alex's journal?
5. Where does Virgil take Andi before dawn one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Alex feel guilty about her interactions with the royal family?
2. What does Amade Malherbeau reveal about himself?
3. Who is the girl Andi saw Virgil kiss at Remy's?
4. Where is Andi when she and the man emerge from the tunnels?
5. What has been revealed by the DNA tests on the possible "lost" prince's heart?
6. What happens between Virgil and Andi when they go on a date?
7. What has helped Andi come out of her depression somewhat?
8. What does Andi do to harm herself after seeing Virgil with another girl?
9. What does the Duc d' Orleans want from Alex?
10. What happens to Andi when she gets separated from her tour group in the catacombs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Andi emails her thesis outline to her father she waits for him to come home. Before she can discuss her paper with him, she has a chance to overhear him on the phone discussing herself and Truman. What does Andi hear that makes her feel sympathy toward her father? How does he blame himself for her depression? Who does he blame for the failure of his marriage? Who does he blame for Truman's death? Why do you think he is unwilling to accept Andi's attempt to comfort him?
Essay Topic 2
Andi receives a Revolution era guitar from G. She discovers a hidden compartment inside the case that contains a diary and mysterious newspaper clippings. What is interesting about the way Andi found the diary? Who's diary is it? What does the diary describe? When was the diary written? What predictions can be made about the diary and its contents?
Essay Topic 3
1) How does Andi's story of her brother's death parallel Alex's story of the fate of Louis-Charles?
2) Did Andi cause her brothers death? How did she contribute to it?
3) Did Alex cause Louis-Charles' death? How did she contribute to it?
4) Was either girl able to make up for the harm they caused? If so, how?
5) How is Andi's discovery of Alex's diary fate?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)