|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virgil surprise Andi with as they wait for the sun to rise?
2. Why is Andi's flight back to New York canceled?
3. Where does Andi go after finishing Alex's journal?
4. Why was the royal family moved from the Tuileries to the Temple?
5. What did Andi hear when she and Nick stopped to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Andi and her father after she hears him talking to his girlfriend on the phone?
2. What has been revealed by the DNA tests on the possible "lost" prince's heart?
3. What does the Duc d' Orleans want from Alex?
4. How does Alex become involved with the Duc d' Orleans?
5. Why might Alex feel guilty about her interactions with the royal family?
6. What has helped Andi come out of her depression somewhat?
7. What happens to Andi that parallels Alex's experience?
8. What does Andi see at Remy's that starts to erode her new found happiness?
9. What happened to Truman?
10. Who is the girl Andi saw Virgil kiss at Remy's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How does Andi's story of her brother's death parallel Alex's story of the fate of Louis-Charles?
2) Did Andi cause her brothers death? How did she contribute to it?
3) Did Alex cause Louis-Charles' death? How did she contribute to it?
4) Was either girl able to make up for the harm they caused? If so, how?
5) How is Andi's discovery of Alex's diary fate?
Essay Topic 2
Andi is suffering from depression and is taking antidepressants to help her cope with her emotional state. However, throughout the book she takes it upon herself to change the doses of her medication. Some days she takes less, other days she takes too much.
1) Discuss what happens to Andi that makes her change her medication doses?
2) What are the results of Andi's medication changes?
3) Is it safe for Andi to play with her medications? Why or why not?
4) How is Andi's desire to tamper with her medications an indication of her emotional state?
Essay Topic 3
Andi receives a Revolution era guitar from G. She discovers a hidden compartment inside the case that contains a diary and mysterious newspaper clippings. What is interesting about the way Andi found the diary? Who's diary is it? What does the diary describe? When was the diary written? What predictions can be made about the diary and its contents?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)