|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andi learn about the heart her father has been testing?
2. What did Alex steal out of desperation?
3. Who is Amade?
4. What is hidden in the guitar case?
5. What is Andi's father doing when she approaches him about her outline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex see that keeps her from abandoning the Louis-Charles and fleeing Paris?
2. What does Andi do to harm herself after seeing Virgil with another girl?
3. What does Amade Malherbeau reveal about himself?
4. What happened to Truman?
5. What does Andi see at Remy's that starts to erode her new found happiness?
6. Where is Andi when she and the man emerge from the tunnels?
7. What does the Duc d' Orleans want from Alex?
8. How does Andi influence Malherbeau's music?
9. What has helped Andi come out of her depression somewhat?
10. What happens to Andi when she gets separated from her tour group in the catacombs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex writes a heart wrenching diary entry about the day Louis-Charles was separated from his mother. What happened on that day? What was the scene like? What happened to Louis-Charles? To his mother? What does Alex's story reveal about her feelings for the young prince? Why does she blame herself for his fate? How does her guilt end up affecting her life?
Essay Topic 2
After Andi emails her thesis outline to her father she waits for him to come home. Before she can discuss her paper with him, she has a chance to overhear him on the phone discussing herself and Truman. What does Andi hear that makes her feel sympathy toward her father? How does he blame himself for her depression? Who does he blame for the failure of his marriage? Who does he blame for Truman's death? Why do you think he is unwilling to accept Andi's attempt to comfort him?
Essay Topic 3
1) How does Andi's story of her brother's death parallel Alex's story of the fate of Louis-Charles?
2) Did Andi cause her brothers death? How did she contribute to it?
3) Did Alex cause Louis-Charles' death? How did she contribute to it?
4) Was either girl able to make up for the harm they caused? If so, how?
5) How is Andi's discovery of Alex's diary fate?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)