|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andi work on when she returns home after visiting the catacombs?
2. What strikes Andi about the rose being held in the portrait?
3. What did the queen give Alex?
4. Alex writes that _________ went to the guillotine soon after the queen.
5. What is the name of the place where Virgil and his friends will be performing at a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex become involved with the Duc d' Orleans?
2. Why was the royal family moved to the Temple?
3. What happened to Truman?
4. What happens to Andi in the catacombs that finally convinces her she wants to live?
5. What does Amade Malherbeau reveal about himself?
6. What happens to Alex?
7. What are some of the clues that indicate the strange man in the tunnel is not of our century?
8. How does Virgil's attention make Andi feel?
9. What does Andi observe in Malherbeau's portrait when she visits his home?
10. What is ironic about the death of the Duc d' Orleans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andi and her father have a difficult relationship. After Truman died, her mother and father both handled the death in different ways. As a result, their already suffering marriage deteriorated even more. However, at this point, there are some major issues standing between Andi and her father.
1) Why are Andi and her father arguing about her father's treatment of her mother?
2) Why is Andi's father forcing her to come to Paris?
3) How does Andi's love of music cause strain in their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Alex is the Green Man from the newspaper clippings. Why has she become the Green Man? What is her purpose as the Green Man? What does her masquerade say about her relationship with the prince? How might her Green Man identity put her in danger.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Alex's relationship with the Dauphin (prince) of France. Why did the queen choose her to be Louis-Charles' companion? How does Alex feel about this job? How does she feel about the prince in the beginning? Do you think this feeling will change? Why or why not?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)