|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andi's father react when she tries to comfort him?
(a) He denies he is upset.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He gets angry.
2. Who is Andi's father expected to report this news to?
(a) The French president.
(b) The press.
(c) The royal family.
(d) The monarchy of Austria.
3. What did Alex steal out of desperation?
(a) A dress from the store.
(b) A purse from a man's table.
(c) Candy for Louis-Charles.
(d) Medicine for her mother.
4. What did the Duc do to Alex when he learned of her deception?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He threw her in jail.
(c) He killed her.
(d) He laughed at her.
5. Why is Andi groggy when she wakes up the next morning?
(a) She took too much medicine the night before.
(b) She drank too much the night before.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She was up all night crying.
6. What did Alex do to help the royal family escape the Tuileries?
(a) She smuggled in clothing.
(b) She bought them food.
(c) She gave them money.
(d) She asked her family to hide them.
7. Who is her father talking to his girlfriend about?
8. Who does Andi see while waiting in line?
(d) Her father.
9. What is Andi's father doing when she approaches him about her outline?
(a) Praying for her brother.
(b) Arranging a date with his girlfriend.
(c) Talking on the phone.
10. Where does Andi go after finishing Alex's journal?
(a) To the Eiffel Tower.
(b) Home to her father.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To Remy's.
11. Who did Alex steal from?
(a) The Duc d' Orleans.
(b) A poor farmer.
(c) The king.
(d) A dead body.
12. What does Andi admire when she visit's Malherbeau's house?
(a) A portrait of Mrs. Malherbeau.
(b) A portrait of him.
(c) A portrait of the prince.
(d) A portrait of his gardent.
13. Who is Amade?
(a) The Dauphin.
(c) Alex's brother.
(d) Virgil's cousin.
14. Who steals money from Andi?
(a) Two older men.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A blind boy.
(d) A young girl.
15. What did the queen give Alex?
(a) A hug and a note of thanks.
(b) The king's guitar to play for the prince.
(c) Custody of the prince.
(d) The king's crown to hide from the Duc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Andi about the rose being held in the portrait?
2. Who is the girl Andi saw Virgil kissing?
3. How did Alex try to protect Louis-Charles from the Duc d' Orleans?
4. What happens to Andi as they attempt to enter the catacombs?
5. What happens when Andi gets separated from the tour group?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)