|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gives Andi fireworks?
(c) The Green Man.
2. What did the Duc do to Alex when he learned of her deception?
(a) He killed her.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He laughed at her.
(d) He threw her in jail.
3. Who is with Andi's father and G?
(a) G's wife Lili.
(b) A German man claiming to be descended from the prince.
(c) A French secret service agent.
(d) The president of France.
4. What did Alex steal out of desperation?
(a) A purse from a man's table.
(b) Medicine for her mother.
(c) Candy for Louis-Charles.
(d) A dress from the store.
5. What does Andi discover about the catacombs that she doesn't expect?
(a) Some tunnels on the map don't exist yet.
(b) The Metro existed even in 1795.
(c) Some of the tunnels are blocked.
(d) The Beach doesn't exist yet.
6. How does Andi react to being unable to take a tour of the tower?
(a) She laughes.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She screams and cries.
(d) She shrugs.
7. What does Andi learn from the signs in the catacombs?
(a) More about the Revolution.
(b) About the Plague.
(c) About the creation of the tunnels.
(d) Warefare and seige techniques.
8. What has happened to Alex?
(a) She was sentenced to the guillotine.
(b) She has been shot by a guard.
(c) She is lost in the catacombs.
(d) She has come down with tuberculosis.
9. What music does Andi play for Amade?
(a) Virgil's rap songs.
(d) His own music.
10. How does Andi attempt to earn money at the Palais?
(a) By playing her guitar.
(b) As a cook.
(d) Cleaning the palace.
11. What does Andi do when she reaches the tower where Louis-Charles is being held?
(b) Screams his name.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Lights fireworks.
12. How did Alex try to protect Louis-Charles from the Duc d' Orleans?
(a) She jumped the Duc when he tried to hit the prince.
(b) She told the Duc the prince had run away.
(c) She hid him in her closet.
(d) She didn't tell him of the plan to escape.
13. What is Andi's response to seeing Virgil with another girl?
(a) She takes too much of her antidepressants.
(b) She goes home and calls her mother.
(c) She goes home and talks to her father about it.
(d) She confronts Virgil in the middle of the club.
14. Who is Andi's father expected to report this news to?
(a) The French president.
(b) The monarchy of Austria.
(c) The royal family.
(d) The press.
15. Who does the man selling paintings remind Andi of?
(a) Lili's father.
(c) The Duc d' Orleans.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Andi gets separated from the tour group?
2. What does Alex witness on the night of September 2, 1792?
3. Who does Alex write about as being determined to find her?
4. What does Virgil want Andi to tell him?
5. What does the Duc d' Orleans promise Alex if she agrees to spy on the royal family?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)