|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother's feel as Father leaves the farm?
2. What, specifically, does Mother do all day in Section 2?
(a) Cleans house and bakes pies.
(b) Buys things that she needs for her new house.
(c) Sleeps all day and all night.
(d) Works cattle.
3. What is Sammy Penn doing when Mother goes back into the house?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Eating supper.
(d) Making dinner.
4. What is Mother's attitude after she hears Sammy's response to her second question?
(a) She is sad and goes into her room to cry.
(b) She is angry and goes outside so she can find Father and yell at him.
(c) She is angry and says that women are not supposed to complain.
(d) She is happy and says she is glad Father is buying more cows.
5. After Sammy's response to Mother's second question, what happens?
(a) Mother scolds Sammy.
(b) Mother tells Sammy to eat his food.
(c) Mother tells Sammy to leave the house.
(d) Nanny tells Sammy to go find his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic is Sammy trying to show as he speaks to his father in Section 5?
2. What happens as Mother makes her statement after Father leaves the farm?
3. What explanation does Mother give Father as to why she moved them into the new barn?
4. The person who asks mother what she's doing in Section 4 begins to ______ while asking her question.
5. What is the reason given in the introduction for the protagonist's actions?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)