|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father's reaction when he hears what Sammy has to say after his return to the farm?
(a) He asks when dinner will be ready.
(b) He wonders if Mother is mad.
(c) He wants to know what it all means.
(d) He wonders if Nanny is still getting married.
2. What does Father say when he sees the events that have taken place on the farm during his absence?
(a) He is going to discipline Sammy for not doing what he was supposed to do.
(b) He needs to talk with the minister.
(c) He is going to give his wife a piece of his mind.
(d) Something, but no one can hear what he says.
3. How does Mother cope with Sammy's information?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She thinks deep thoughts.
(c) She gossips with her friends.
(d) She falls asleep.
4. What does the introduction imply about the ultimate conclusion to "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
(a) The protagonist gets her husband to appreciate her point of view.
(b) The protagonist teaches his children a lesson.
(c) The protagonist ensures that his wife never defies socially acceptable behaviors again.
(d) The protagonist is not able to convince her husband of her point of view.
5. Why is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" typical of this author's writing?
(a) The story provides a look at a child and his interactions with his mother.
(b) The story provides a look at a husband and his interactions with friends.
(c) The story provides a look at a woman and her interactions with husband and children.
(d) The story provides a look at a woman and her interactions with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Father arrives on the property after his absence from the farm, where does he go?
2. How does Sammy respond to Father's confusion after he returns to the farm?
3. What does Mother do when she sees the arrival at the farm?
4. How many years ago did Father make a promise to Mother?
5. Who is waiting for Father to return from his time away?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)