|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the introduction imply about the ultimate conclusion to "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
(a) The protagonist is not able to convince her husband of her point of view.
(b) The protagonist teaches his children a lesson.
(c) The protagonist ensures that his wife never defies socially acceptable behaviors again.
(d) The protagonist gets her husband to appreciate her point of view.
2. What answer does Mother give to Nanny's question about what the men are digging for?
(a) A cellar for a new barn.
(b) A grave.
(c) The cellar for a new house.
(d) A place to put a new house.
3. Where are the men of the town discussing the piece of information that they know following the arrival at the Penn farm?
(a) In the store.
(b) At the church.
(c) At each other's houses.
(d) In the streets.
4. How many years ago did Father make a promise to Mother?
5. What is the statement Mother makes to Nanny after Father leaves on his trip?
(a) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
(b) Children are a blessing from the Lord.
(c) Unsolicited opportunities are the guideposts of the Lord to the new roads of life.
(d) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nanny sees Mother after she has spoken with Father about the digging, what does Nanny ask about?
2. How does Father respond to Mother's two questions following the bantering scene?
3. What is the description of Mother's efforts during the scene following the arrival at the farm?
4. What is Father's plan for the new construction?
5. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)