|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father tell Mother might arrive while he is gone?
2. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) He goes against his children's will.
(b) She goes against her husband's will.
(c) He goes against his wife's will.
(d) She goes against her daughter's will.
3. Finally, what answer does Father give Mother about why the men are digging in the field?
(a) They are digging a cellar for the new house.
(b) They are digging a cellar for the new barn.
(c) They are digging a ditch so that water can reach the crops.
(d) They are digging a field for the new cows.
4. After speaking outside with Father about the men digging, to where does Mother look?
(a) To her friend's house, which is much larger than her house.
(b) From the spot of the new barn to her existing house.
(c) At the site of the barn and realizes Father is correct.
(d) From the old barn to the new barn and wonders why they need a new barn.
5. There is an underlying attitude that the author provides as Father gives the directions for while he is away on his trip. What is that underlying attitude?
(a) Pretending to be apologetic.
(b) Fine being apologetic.
(c) Fighting being apologetic.
(d) Embarrassed about being remorseful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother tell her visitor?
2. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
3. When Father answers Mother's question about what they are digging for, what is his response?
4. What does Mother tell Sammy to do following the arrival at the farm?
5. The person who asks mother what she's doing in Section 4 begins to ______ while asking her question.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)