|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the children leave the house, what does Mother do?
(a) She helps the men dig in the field.
(b) She asks to speak to Father for a minute.
(c) She goes back to town.
(d) She makes more pies.
2. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
(a) It is the author's least known work.
(b) It the story that the author hated to write.
(c) It is the story that the author loved to write.
(d) It is the author's best known work.
3. How does Mother describe their house to Father?
(a) Old wallpaper, no carpet, no storage, and only one room.
(b) Old wallpaper, no carpet, no storage, and two rooms.
(c) New wallpaper, new carpet, a lot of storage, and three rooms.
(d) New wallpaper, new carpet, no storage, and several rooms.
4. How does Father respond to Mother's delay in returning to the house?
(a) He says he will tell her later why the men are digging in the field.
(b) He tells her that she needs to go into the house immediately.
(c) He goes into the house.
(d) Father ignores Mother and puts the saddle on his horse.
5. When is the new construction on the farm finished?
(a) In a week.
(b) In a year.
(d) In a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Father going when he leaves the farm?
2. As Mother is watched during her reaction to the arrival at the farm, what best describes the reaction of the individuals watching her?
3. What does Nanny's confusion regarding the reason to why men are digging in the field center upon?
4. Mother's attitude changes after Sammy provides her with information. What is the best description of this changed attitude?
5. Who tells the townspeople about what they discuss in Section 4?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)