|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
(a) Spying on her parents' discussion.
(b) Watching her brother work.
(c) Working on her needlepoint.
(d) Watching the men dig in the field.
2. What does the introduction to "The Revolt of 'Mother'" provide to readers?
(a) Nothing about the story.
(b) An anticipation as to what is coming in the story.
(c) The conclusion to the story.
(d) An analysis of the story.
3. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
(a) It is rare in the mid-1700s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
(b) It is rare in the mid-1800s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
(c) It is rare in modern times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
(d) It is rare in Ancient times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
4. What is Father's plan for the new construction?
(a) To move the old house into the new barn.
(b) To move the cows into the new barn.
(c) To move the old house into the new house.
(d) To build the new house.
5. What is the best description of the house Adoniram and Sarah Penn own?
(a) A quaint but beautiful two-story house.
(b) A tiny shack.
(c) A large, spacious mansion.
(d) A small but adequate house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nanny sees Mother after she has spoken with Father about the digging, what does Nanny ask about?
2. What is the promise that Mother reminds Father he made to her?
3. After Father goes back into the field to work following their discussion about the state of the house and barn, what does Mother do?
4. To whom does Mother make a statement after Father leaves the farm?
5. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)