|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother's reaction to why the men are digging?
(a) She does not care one way or the other.
(b) She is very happy.
(c) She is very sad.
(d) She is very angry.
2. As Mother observes Father's response to her questions following their bantering, what does Mother do?
(a) She throws a pie at him.
(b) She keeps on talking to him.
(c) She walks back to the house.
(d) She cries.
3. What interferes with Father's plan in Section 3?
(a) He has to go out of town unexpectedly.
(b) He has to go away for the morning.
(c) He has to go away for the afternoon.
(d) He has to go away for an hour.
4. What does Father say about Mother's reaction to the house and barn?
(a) It is odd how Mother feels about the new barn.
(b) It is odd how Mother feels about old barn.
(c) It is great how Mother feels about the new barn.
(d) It is odd how Mother feels about the new house.
5. Whom does Father say should help with the arrival at the farm while he is gone on his trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father respond to Mother's reaction toward why the men are digging in the field?
2. Where does Sammy go before Father can assign more chores?
3. Which of the following details does Mother do for Father before he embarks on his trip?
4. What is the promise that Mother reminds Father he made to her?
5. What does the protagonist NOT defy?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)