|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the house Adoniram and Sarah Penn own?
(a) A large, spacious mansion.
(b) A quaint but beautiful two-story house.
(c) A small but adequate house.
(d) A tiny shack.
2. What is Mother's reaction to why the men are digging?
(a) She is very angry.
(b) She is very sad.
(c) She does not care one way or the other.
(d) She is very happy.
3. In Section 2, where does Nanny suggest that she be married?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In their current house and be happy.
(c) In the new barn.
(d) In her fiance's house.
4. What does the introduction to "The Revolt of 'Mother'" provide to readers?
(a) An analysis of the story.
(b) The conclusion to the story.
(c) Nothing about the story.
(d) An anticipation as to what is coming in the story.
5. Which of the following is the best description of the protagonist?
(a) A female who upholds social convention at all costs.
(b) A male who upholds social convention at all costs.
(c) A female who defies social convention.
(d) A male who defies social convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did Father make a promise to Mother?
2. When is the new construction on the farm finished?
3. What is the reason given in the introduction for the protagonist's actions?
4. Once the children leave the house, what does Mother do?
5. Which of the following makes "The Revolt of 'Mother'" atypical of the author's usual writing style?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)