|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nanny hears Mother's answer for why the men are digging, what is her reaction?
2. As Mother remembers the promise that Father made to her, which of the following best describes her demeanor?
(a) With determination, she refuses to make his favorite pie because he will not keep his promise to her.
(b) Without resentment, she makes his favorite pie as she remembers that he hasn't kept his promise.
(c) She joyfully makes his favorite pie because he kept his promise to her.
(d) She has Nanny make his favorite pie because she is so angry at him.
3. As Mother observes Father's response to her questions following their bantering, what does Mother do?
(a) She cries.
(b) She throws a pie at him.
(c) She walks back to the house.
(d) She keeps on talking to him.
4. After she voices her opinion on the state of the house and barn, what is Mother's reaction to Father's response?
(a) She is content.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is extremely angry.
5. What information does Sammy give Mother that she is unaware of?
(a) He has known that Father plans to build a barn.
(b) He has been aware that Father is making a cemetery.
(c) He has been aware that Father plans to build a house.
(d) He has known that Father plans to build a school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the introduction to "The Revolt of 'Mother'" provide to readers?
2. What is Mother's attitude after she hears Sammy's response to her second question?
3. What is Sammy Penn doing when Mother goes back into the house?
4. Who is the main female character?
5. What is Mother's response to Nanny's suggestion of where she be married?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)