|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sammy finally respond to Mother's second question?
(a) Sammy decide to go find his father to deal with this situation.
(b) Sammy continues to ignore his mother, despite the scolding.
(c) He says that Father is not planning to buy more cows.
(d) He says that Father plans to buy more cows.
2. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) He goes against his wife's will.
(b) He goes against his children's will.
(c) She goes against her husband's will.
(d) She goes against her daughter's will.
3. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
(a) The main character will attack her husband.
(b) The the main character will have his children go against his wife.
(c) The main character will become engrossed in her relationships with her family.
(d) The main character will attack his minister.
4. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
(a) It is rare in the mid-1800s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
(b) It is rare in modern times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
(c) It is rare in Ancient times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
(d) It is rare in the mid-1700s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
5. Who is the main female character?
(b) The minister's wife.
(d) Nanny's future mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following makes "The Revolt of 'Mother'" atypical of the author's usual writing style?
2. What is the second thing Mother asks of Father once the bantering is over?
3. At first, how does Sammy respond to Mother's second question?
4. How does Father respond to Mother's reaction toward why the men are digging in the field?
5. When Father answers Mother's question about what they are digging for, what is his response?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)