|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second question Mother asks Sammy?
(a) Is Father planning to go into town?
(b) Is Father planning to build a new house?
(c) Is Father planning to sell their livestock?
(d) Is Father planning to purchase additional cows?
2. What is the second thing Mother asks of Father once the bantering is over?
(a) If he is planning to buy more horses.
(b) If he is planning to buy more pigs.
(c) If he is planning to hire more workers.
(d) If he is planning to buy more cows.
3. What was the promise that Father made to Mother?
(a) He would build her a new barn.
(b) He would build her a new house.
(c) He would buy a new horse.
(d) He would buy a new carriage.
4. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
(a) It is the author's best known work.
(b) It is the author's least known work.
(c) It the story that the author hated to write.
(d) It is the story that the author loved to write.
5. What is Father's favorite kind of pie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
2. What does Sammy do after Mother asks him her question?
3. Which of the following best describes Nanny's logic behind her confusion regarding the digging?
4. How does Father respond to Mother's delay in returning to the house?
5. How does Father respond to Mother's two questions following the bantering scene?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)