|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the introduction to "The Revolt of 'Mother'" provide to readers?
(a) An anticipation as to what is coming in the story.
(b) An analysis of the story.
(c) Nothing about the story.
(d) The conclusion to the story.
2. Which of the following is the best description of the protagonist?
(a) A male who defies social convention.
(b) A female who upholds social convention at all costs.
(c) A female who defies social convention.
(d) A male who upholds social convention at all costs.
3. What does the protagonist NOT defy?
(a) Her own concept of what is morally right.
(b) His friends' concept of what is morally right.
(c) His children's concept of what is morally right.
(d) Her husband's concept of what is morally right.
4. From the introduction, what does the reader know about how the secondary characters are going to be affected?
(a) They are going to feel beaten down by the main character's defiance.
(b) They think the main character has lost her mind.
(c) They are going to be affected by the main character's defiance.
(d) They are going win the battle.
5. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) She goes against her daughter's will.
(b) He goes against his wife's will.
(c) He goes against his children's will.
(d) She goes against her husband's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
2. Who is the main female character?
3. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
4. What is the reason given in the introduction for the protagonist's actions?
5. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)