|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) He goes against his wife's will.
(b) She goes against her husband's will.
(c) He goes against his children's will.
(d) She goes against her daughter's will.
2. Who is the author of this story?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Mary Eleanor Wilkins Freeman.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Beatrix Potter.
3. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
(a) The mid-1700s.
(b) The mid-1800s.
(c) Modern times.
(d) Ancient times.
4. What does the protagonist NOT defy?
(a) His friends' concept of what is morally right.
(b) His children's concept of what is morally right.
(c) Her husband's concept of what is morally right.
(d) Her own concept of what is morally right.
5. From the introduction, what does the reader know about how the secondary characters are going to be affected?
(a) They are going win the battle.
(b) They are going to feel beaten down by the main character's defiance.
(c) They are going to be affected by the main character's defiance.
(d) They think the main character has lost her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the introduction to "The Revolt of 'Mother'" provide to readers?
2. Which of the following is the best description of the protagonist?
3. Of the following, what is the most accurate description of "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
4. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
5. What does the introduction imply about the ultimate conclusion to "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)