|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
(a) It is the story that the author loved to write.
(b) It is the author's best known work.
(c) It is the author's least known work.
(d) It the story that the author hated to write.
2. Which of the following makes "The Revolt of 'Mother'" atypical of the author's usual writing style?
(a) Social convention is defied.
(b) Social convention is scoffed at.
(c) Social convention is heralded.
(d) Social convention is upheld.
3. Why is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" typical of this author's writing?
(a) The story provides a look at a child and his interactions with his mother.
(b) The story provides a look at a woman and her interactions with friends.
(c) The story provides a look at a husband and his interactions with friends.
(d) The story provides a look at a woman and her interactions with husband and children.
4. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
(a) The mid-1700s.
(b) Ancient times.
(c) Modern times.
(d) The mid-1800s.
5. From the introduction, what does the reader know about how the secondary characters are going to be affected?
(a) They are going win the battle.
(b) They are going to feel beaten down by the main character's defiance.
(c) They think the main character has lost her mind.
(d) They are going to be affected by the main character's defiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the introduction imply about the ultimate conclusion to "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
2. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
3. Of the following, what is the most accurate description of "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
4. Who is the main female character?
5. Who is the author of this story?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)