|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the men of the town discussing the piece of information that they know following the arrival at the Penn farm?
(a) In the streets.
(b) At each other's houses.
(c) In the store.
(d) At the church.
2. What, specifically, does Mother do all day in Section 2?
(a) Cleans house and bakes pies.
(b) Works cattle.
(c) Sleeps all day and all night.
(d) Buys things that she needs for her new house.
3. What is the description of Mother's efforts during the scene following the arrival at the farm?
(a) She couldn't have done it without the help of the children.
(b) Something that is as easy as pie.
(c) She could have done it only with Father's help.
(d) A feat equal to Wolfe's storming of the Heights of Abraham.
4. After Mother asks Sammy the question, what does she do to Sammy?
(a) Throws him out of the house.
(b) Scolds him.
(c) Makes him stand in the corner until his father arrives home.
(d) Hugs him.
5. About what was the visitor astonished?
(a) Mother's superior ability to recite Scripture.
(b) How small the new barn is.
(c) Mother's lack of concern about what people think of her decision.
(d) How beautiful the new house looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father respond to Mother's two questions following the bantering scene?
2. What else does Mother prepare for Father before he has to leave the farm?
3. How does Mother's feel as Father leaves the farm?
4. How many years ago did Father make a promise to Mother?
5. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)