|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Sammy been aware of the new information he gives Mother?
(a) For three weeks.
(b) For six months.
(c) For three months.
(d) For six weeks.
2. What is Mother's response to Nanny's suggestion of where she be married?
(a) She screams at Nanny for such a ridiculous idea.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) She thinks it is a fabulous idea.
(d) She is startled.
3. Where are the women of the town discussing this piece of information that they know following the arrival at the Penn farml?
(a) At church.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the store.
(d) At each other's houses.
4. On what day does Mother receive her visit?
5. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) She goes against her daughter's will.
(b) He goes against his children's will.
(c) He goes against his wife's will.
(d) She goes against her husband's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mother watches the men digging in the field, what does she ask Father?
2. What was the promise that Father made to Mother?
3. Where is Father going when he leaves the farm?
4. Who is the main female character?
5. What is Father doing when he has to leave the farm?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)