|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mother give Father for needing improvements on the farm?
(a) Nanny needs a new home in which to get married.
(b) They need a new barn so they can have more animals and make more money.
(c) Sammy needs a new home in which to get married.
(d) They need a new home so they can have more children.
2. What is the best description of Father's attitude as he gives the directions about an arrival during his time away from the farm?
3. What is Father's response to Mother's questions and descriptions of the house and barn?
(a) He admits his faults and says he is sorry.
(b) He admits that he needs to build a bigger barn.
(c) He finially admits that he will build her a house.
(d) He refuses to acknowledge that he has done anything wrong.
4. What is the best description of the current state of the barn that exists on the farm?
(a) Terrible condition, similar to the state of the house.
(b) Fine condition for the animals, but the house is in better condition than the barn.
(c) Fine condition for the animals and better condition than their house.
(d) Terrible condition, and animals are in danger of being hurt.
5. What does the introduction imply about the ultimate conclusion to "The Revolt of 'Mother'"?
(a) The protagonist ensures that his wife never defies socially acceptable behaviors again.
(b) The protagonist is not able to convince her husband of her point of view.
(c) The protagonist gets her husband to appreciate her point of view.
(d) The protagonist teaches his children a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the men of the town discussing the piece of information that they know following the arrival at the Penn farm?
2. When Sammy leaves in Section 2, where does Nanny go?
3. What is the reason given in the introduction for the protagonist's actions?
4. How does Mother's feel as Father leaves the farm?
5. On what day does Mother receive her visit?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)