|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother react the way she does to knowing why men are digging in the field?
(a) She is sad because she does not want a hole where they are digging.
(b) She is angry because the new house is supposed to go where the men are digging.
(c) She is happy because she wants a hole in the spot they are digging.
(d) She does not care if there is a new hole.
2. What, specifically, does Mother do all day in Section 2?
(a) Sleeps all day and all night.
(b) Buys things that she needs for her new house.
(c) Works cattle.
(d) Cleans house and bakes pies.
3. When Nanny returns to the house, what does she tell her mother?
(a) She can't wait to get married in her fiance's house.
(b) She is ashamed to get married in their house.
(c) She has decided not to get married.
(d) She is glad Father is building a new house for them.
4. Where is Father going when he leaves the farm?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the store.
(c) To the neighbor's house.
(d) To see Sarah's brother.
5. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
(a) The main character will attack her husband.
(b) The main character will attack his minister.
(c) The main character will become engrossed in her relationships with her family.
(d) The the main character will have his children go against his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the harness room of the new barn as it is in Section 4.
2. What is Mother's attitude after she hears Sammy's response to her second question?
3. What answer does Mother give to Nanny's question about what the men are digging for?
4. After Mother's reaction to the arrival at the farm, what does she do?
5. For how long has Sammy been aware of the new information he gives Mother?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)