|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what condition does Cindy suffer?
2. What do rules in absence of loving relationships inspire according to Dr. Pipher?
3. When do problems occur with sexual relationships in couples?
4. What does Dr. Pipher believe to be the cause of Monica's mild depression?
5. How do girls who participate in sports often see their bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does sexual assault by a friend or acquaintance be for a young girl and what does it do to her trust?
2. What type of sexual assaults can be particularly traumatic to females?
3. Describe the concept of awakening therapy that Dr. Pipher teaches and what the outcomes of this theory may be for the girls.
4. What portion of sexual education does Dr. Pipher believe is missing for young girls?
5. Which type of girls who use alcohol most concern Dr. Pipher?
6. What is altruism and how does it help the girls according to Dr. Pipher?
7. What do the studies about eating disorders report about teens and women?
8. Describe what Dr. Pipher believes to be true about the Hollywood model of sexual behavior?
9. What female leaders does Dr. Pipher refer to as being isolated in adolescence and what did they all refuse to do?
10. What does Dr. Pipher list as the two reasons that girls feel pressure about their appearance during the adolescent years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the book, Dr. Pipher draws conclusions about fairy tales and how they affect young girls. Write about her conclusions. Do you agree with her conclusions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Pipher describes that many noted female leaders were isolated as adolescents. Why is this the case? Do you believe that isolated adolescent girls will be more successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe more and more young girls are having sex at a younger age? What contributing factors are provided in the text? Do you agree with Dr. Pipher's conclusions? Why or why not?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)