|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Dr. Pipher indicate Cassie is facing the same issues that college girls of the past faced?
2. How does Peter Rowen describe anorexia?
3. What does Gail do to harm herself?
4. Even with all of the information available about sexual encounters, what does Dr. Pipher say is still missing?
5. What are girls unprepared for that results from having sex too soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of sexual assaults can be particularly traumatic to females?
2. What type of girl does Dr. Pipher describe as the type that tends to fare better during adolescence?
3. Describe the community in which Dr. Pipher grew up during the 1950s.
4. What does Dr. Pipher ask her patients to keep and how does she believe it helps them?
5. Describe Monica's parents and how they feel about their daughter.
6. Describe Dr. Pipher's Utopia.
7. What does Pipher describe as the most defining characteristics for American women and when do girls feel the most pressure about their appearance?
8. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that Tammy uses self-mutilation?
9. Which two factors play a role in demonstrating the difference between normal experimentation among teenagers and an abusive situation that requires intervention?
10. What female leaders does Dr. Pipher refer to as being isolated in adolescence and what did they all refuse to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dr. Pipher believe that adolescent children suffer the most in divorce? Do you agree with her reasons? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the causes and impacts of depression on the lives of young girls. What factors can cause depression? How do most young girls deal with depression?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about sexual assaults on women. Why do you believe they are so prevalent? What factors do you believe play into the high number of sexual assaults on women?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)