|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what condition does Cindy suffer?
2. In Cassie's world what is all-powerful?
3. Which type of girl is usually more prone to alcoholism?
4. When do problems occur with sexual relationships in couples?
5. Why does Penelope begin seeing Dr. Pipher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that Tammy uses self-mutilation?
2. What are the three specific reasons Dr. Pipher lists that adolescents use chemicals?
3. In what way do cities and small communities differ in the way that girls react and feel pressure?
4. Describe Dr. Pipher's Utopia.
5. How and why does Dr. Pipher describe the problems that highly gifted children experience?
6. In what way does Dr. Pipher describe depression and self-mutilation?
7. Which type of girls who use alcohol most concern Dr. Pipher?
8. Describe the concept of awakening therapy that Dr. Pipher teaches and what the outcomes of this theory may be for the girls.
9. What is altruism and how does it help the girls according to Dr. Pipher?
10. Describe Monica's parents and how they feel about their daughter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Dr. Pipher's believe that American culture is full of mixed messages? Why or why not? What messages do you believe affect you personally?
Essay Topic 2
How has the traditional family changed over the decades? Do you believe these changes are for the better or the worse? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe anorexia is more of a problem in Western civilization? What girls are at the greatest risk for developing anorexia? Why do you believe this is the case?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)