|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Dr. Pipher say that girls often shock their mothers?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Jessica feels?
3. How does Dr. Pipher describe today's fathers in relation to having the necessary skills to develop healthy relationships with their daughters?
4. What is the second dimension according to Pipher?
5. Which type of parents have teens who are impulsive, irresponsible and dependent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be the reason that Jessica is rebelling and how does her mother react to this rebellion?
2. What is dysfunctional, according to Dr. Pipher, and what does this mean for parents?
3. What is the second dimension and the two extremes which make it up as described by Pipher?
4. Describe the double standard that Dr. Pipher describes as related to the expectations that Americans have?
5. What happens as adolescent girls withdraw from their parents and what does this offer to the girls?
6. What does Dr. Pipher believe is the root cause of the split that occurs in early childhood?
7. Describe the contradictions that occur between the expectations between the father and mother according to Dr. Pipher.
8. According to Dr. Pipher, which is better for children: an unhappy marriage or a divorce? Why does she feel the way she does?
9. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that adolescents are most impacted by divorce?
10. Why does Dr. Pipher describe adolescent girls as female impersonators?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different types of mother and daughter relationships described by Dr. Pipher and the outcomes of each type of relationship. Provide a personal example of each type of relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different types of father and daughter relationships described by Dr. Pipher and the outcomes of each type of relationship. Provide a personal example of each type of relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on what you believe are the impacts the media has had on you. Do you believe the media has positively influenced you? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)