|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Alice Miller indicate young children have to make?
2. According to Dr. Pipher, how are relationships with fathers viewed?
3. In what way does Dr. Pipher say that girls often shock their mothers?
4. Who or what does Pipher hold responsible for the split between child and adult during adolescence?
5. What kind of standard does Dr. Pipher believe Americans have in relation to values and beliefs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Pipher indicate is the problem as it relates to young girls with fairy tales?
2. What is the second dimension and the two extremes which make it up as described by Pipher?
3. How do girls perceive distant fathers according to Dr. Pipher?
4. According to Dr. Pipher, which is better for children: an unhappy marriage or a divorce? Why does she feel the way she does?
5. What concerns Dr. Pipher most about divorce and why is she concerned about this issue?
6. What seems to be the underlying issue between Jessica and her mother?
7. Describe young girls' emotional systems and how this can affect them?
8. What do surface behaviors camouflage and what does this make difficult and why is this the case?
9. Why does Dr. Pipher describe adolescent girls as female impersonators?
10. What suggestions does Dr. Pipher make to Franchesca and how does Franchesca change based on the suggestions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the different types of parents and how these types affect their children's drinking and drug use. What are the reasons for this?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dr. Pipher believe that beauty is the defining characteristic for American women? Do you agree with her reasons? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Pipher describes that many noted female leaders were isolated as adolescents. Why is this the case? Do you believe that isolated adolescent girls will be more successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)